"You've lost too much weight" BS

Options
124»

Replies

• 8alex8
    8alex8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yup! I have the same experience so I can identify. But my attitude is, thanks for their opinion, but I don't let it bother me
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I lost friends on my first weight lost journey. They continued to gain weight while "being on a diet" and I worked and lost. I didn't even mention my losses just happy with them with the couple friends who were supportive. Even after gaining some back those friends are at a distance. I'm not sure if its jealousy or immaturity but either way, ITS THEIR LOSS! I'm a great friend who is trying to make a healthier future for myself. I don't want to be talking about diabetes and high blood pressure before I'm 40, they are.

Most of us know what is healthy and have goals within our BMI or even above it if that's where our bodies work best. Be educated, be careful, but don't let shallow minds keep you from being healthy and happy!!!
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    yep. after i had my daughter i was 60kg which was only 'at risk of overweight' but i changed my eating habits and started counting kilojoules and calories and made sure i exercised daily and as i got down closer to 50 (which i am now) everyone was talking about how they were 'worried' about me thinking i was starving myself and all that because i lost it so quickly. and people still think that im obsessed with losing weight. but to me its about being healthy and getting rid of body fat not losing 'weight' i want to tone and build muscle to be the healthiest i can be!
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    my partner also calls me 'bulimic' and 'anorexic' as a joke.
    people thing that beingg super healthy is 'abnormal' what is this world coming to!!!
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    my partner also calls me 'bulimic' and 'anorexic' as a joke.
    people thing that beingg super healthy is 'abnormal' what is this world coming to!!!

diabetes, high blood pressure, heart attacks, strokes....need I continue?
  • kristinfield123
    kristinfield123 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem yesterday! Because I opted for the light ranh, I got too many comments about me being too skinny... :(
  • jly33403
    jly33403 Posts: 49
    Options
    Next time they bring it up I would just say something about how thats personal and would rather not discuss it. Then just change the subject. They should get the hint.
  • clarelara24
    clarelara24 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Re-igniting an old thread but I've been getting this a lot lately! Glad it's not just me.
  • Jkiwi81
    Jkiwi81 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It’s the same for us guys as well, at the start everyone at work was supportive, then all of a sudden they started commenting “oh you have lost more weight?”or “are you going to stop soon?”......I just don’t get it.....then trying to explain what I’m doing to someone who doesn’t understand uggghhhh. Or it could be “have you lost this weight on purpose?” Their must be some science or psychology behind it? Just makes me wonder why people would say that.....