What's your favorite dog breed?? And why?

Options

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Boxer...because
    9gc3gkmgfifg.jpg Sadie <3
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Tibetan mastiff... they are only a saddle away from being mighty war steeds!

*Edited to fix a stupid typo
  • moijo1
    moijo1 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    i cant chooooooose! i love most dogs, our Alisations, dogue de bordeaux and staffodshire bull terrier were the most loving and caring, our miniture jack russels have the most character and mixed breeds have have been the most loyal loving characters .... i could never choose one lol
  • yogini_runner82
    yogini_runner82 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    We have an Aussie Shepard/Blue Heeler mix. We love her. She's highly energetic, entertaining, and is a lover. Her flaws though, she likes to bark, she likes to herd the birds (she's a herding dog), and she LOVES to get up in your face. Other than that she's awesome, Intelligent and loves tricks.
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    Staff Bull Terrier

fs2mn0rhq0g5.jpg

This lad was a rescue, we don't know all his history but he's scared of other dogs, which can make things challenging. He loves kids though, which is also challenging because he doesn't appreciate that he looks quite intimidating when he's coming in for a kiss.
  • lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Options
    Husky!!

I usually like mixes.. one of our old dogs was golden retriever/lab/husky mix

Right now we have 4 dogs

Toy poodle
    Border collie
    Husky, chow mix
    Bassett hound
  • SaltLifeLover31
    SaltLifeLover31 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I rescued my Chocolate lab and he has been such a loving, loyal dog :)
  • NailsnfitnesS
    NailsnfitnesS Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't have any currently but would love a tea cup yorkie. Because they are the cutest upbeat little creatures and are like the stuffed teddy bears with raggy hair only alive. Little live brown teddy bears running around is how I see them things and ugh. But they are $$$$$ I ran into a lady who was walking hers and she said hers was a shorkie… Im guessing a yorki and a shitzu=shorkie=]
  • TryThisAgain22
    TryThisAgain22 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Pembroke Welsh Corgi cause they'll look like puppies forever.
  • S1na3dy
    S1na3dy Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    German shepherds always had them very loyal and very good guard dogs
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Dachshunds! I love their personalities and how cuddly they are. Very loyal dogs. Smart too! These are my two girls.dt63vzfikw6c.jpeg
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Labs are just big goofs. Lots of personality.
  • Birkah
    Birkah Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    We love our 8-month old Catahoula Leopard! She's about 45lbs, and a blue merle (grayish blue spots with white legs, chest, and belly). She is very smart, loving, loyal, energetic, and awesome with the kiddos. A bored Catahoula = a destructive one, so we keep her occupied with lots of heavy-duty chewing toys and lots of playtime. They tend to be stubborn, since they're so smart, so it takes a firm hand for training, but well worth it. They're bred for hog hunting, so Catahoulas definitely need a "job" to perform, and they absolutely live for splashing around in the water. Any water. Especially the nasty muddy swampy canal water (yuck). She's been my 3-mile walking partner the last few weeks, and has been instrumental in getting me to pick up my pace.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I don't even know where to start with this one. I've had a blue heeler, a husky, golden retrievers, a collie, an akita, a border collie/Australian shepherd cross, and 2 Labrador retrievers. I keep saying I'm going to downsize to one I can pick up easily, but that hasn't happened. I have migrated to dogs with less hair just for maintenance issues. My all time favorite was my border collie cross. He was by far the smartest and most obedient. The curly tailed breeds tend to be very independent and stubborn, however they are very adaptable to all outdoorsy activities. My akita (a rescue from an abusive home) was a remarkable hiking buddy, she even tried to stop me from hiking a trail because she knew a bear was ahead of us. She kept standing in front of me and wouldn't go. Of course, dumb human wouldn't listen and we found the bear but it ran off. As sweet as she was, I could never keep her from going on independent adventures. Golden retrievers are great companions, higher maintenance due to the longer hair. My current dog, Kali (named after the Hindu goddess of destruction) is a black lab. She takes me on daily hikes and has the best temperament, although she can be a little stubborn. Dogs....just gotta love them. They keep you sane.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    o1nc3vbkk83r.jpg

We have a smooth coated collie and a Yorkie-Tibbie cross. Both are rescue dogs.
    Both are very active and intelligent.

I picked up on the comment of dogs having separation anxiety / being destructive when left for long periods of time. I don't think this is necessarily breed specific, but a matter of appropriate socialization and training. Most dogs will get bored if left for hours and hours with no stimulation.
  • Bill8855
    Bill8855 Posts: 4,267 Member
    Options
    Snoop
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Sheltie
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Greyhounds and lurchers are my favourite! I have 2 greyhounds and a lurcher. All 3 are rescue dogs.

jppov70dbz28.jpeg

Pros: loads of them in rescue needing adopted, very affectionate, not demanding, curl up really small, don't need hours of exercise, don't cost a lot in food or vet bills.

Cons: you can't just have one! :p
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    I LOVE pound dogs, but to be honest, I'm looking for an English Setter. Why? It's what I grew up with. It's the first dog I remember having, and it's the first one I lost and didn't get to say good-bye to...
  • ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I love ALL dogs, but personally, if you are worried about leaving them alone a lot....Don't get any. JMO