Replies

• erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Op see a doctor

erinc5 wrote: »
    Usually when I drink the scale goes down 2 or 3 lbs because I'm dehydrated then up 4 or 5 over the next few days as I re-hydrate and then I lose it in 1-4 days after that, depending on my diet those following days.

And, I agree 20 lbs is a lot. Are you pretty heavy to begin with? If you are over 250 lbs, then 20 lbs seems a bit more reasonable for such a large gain, but even then, that is a lot.

If I were you I'd check your scale's batteries.

When you're dehydrated your body retains water

Okay? And alcohol is a diuretic. I always weigh less the morning after I drink. Probably because I don't drink water while I'm drinking. So, I pee a ton in one night without replacing my pee with anything but a few ounces of whiskey or wine, which are diuretics and make me pee again. Anyways, doesn't matter. It's all just water weight anyways. I stick to my calories even while drinking, so I don't sweat it either way.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Op see a doctor

Usually when I drink the scale goes down 2 or 3 lbs because I'm dehydrated then up 4 or 5 over the next few days as I re-hydrate and then I lose it in 1-4 days after that, depending on my diet those following days.

And, I agree 20 lbs is a lot. Are you pretty heavy to begin with? If you are over 250 lbs, then 20 lbs seems a bit more reasonable for such a large gain, but even then, that is a lot.

Okay? And alcohol is a diuretic. I always weigh less the morning after I drink. Probably because I don't drink water while I'm drinking. So, I pee a ton in one night without replacing my pee with anything but a few ounces of whiskey or wine, which are diuretics and make me pee again. Anyways, doesn't matter. It's all just water weight anyways. I stick to my calories even while drinking, so I don't sweat it either way.

Many, if not most folks weigh more when dehydrated. Because when you're dehydrated your body retains water.
  • Stricera
    Stricera Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinking? Get some workouts in. Drink lots of water. If it's ALL still around 3 days later...that's kind of scary. Some amount of that might be real weight.

I've had about 2 quarts of water and I'm still drinking(water that is) It also turns out that I now have diarrhea :/
  • Stricera
    Options
    Op see a doctor

Did I just get insta fat for no reason D: ?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    i had 8 beers yesterday and was 900+ cals over for the day and still woke up down a tad.

i would check your scale batteries.

Lightweight :)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i had 8 beers yesterday and was 900+ cals over for the day and still woke up down a tad.

i would check your scale batteries.

Lightweight :)

i know i should totally be ashamed of myself LOL
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Stricera wrote: »
    Op see a doctor

This entire thread, and that's what you took from it? Your scale is broke.
  • Stricera
    Options
    kkenseth wrote: »
    Op see a doctor

This entire thread, and that's what you took from it? Your scale is broke.

No, it's a brand new scale. How would it be broken if I got it 2 weeks ago?
  • kk_inprogress
    Options
    People with severe kidney dysfunction and cardiac diseases don't even gain that much water weight in a week. Clearly something is wrong with your scale, or you're trolling.
  • Stricera
    Options
    People with severe kidney dysfunction and cardiac diseases don't even gain that much water weight in a week. Clearly something is wrong with your scale, or you're trolling.

What would I get out of trolling? Oh look nothing. Amazing! I came to ask a personal question that I'm anxious about even asking. So, My scale is either busted or I became super obese in 3 days?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

What would I get out of trolling? Oh look nothing. Amazing! I came to ask a personal question that I'm anxious about even asking. So, My scale is either busted or I became super obese in 3 days?

Super obese?
  • kk_inprogress
    Options

You did not become super obese in 3 days. Like I said, my patients with severe clinical diagnoses don't even gain that kind of wait meaning: it's not possible.

Check your scale batteries. Also make sure you weigh at the same time of day, on solid flooring, don't move the scale and always under the same conditions.
  • Junebuggyzy
    Junebuggyzy Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! I actually really DID gain 8 real pounds in three weeks, just by drinking too much wine, which stimulated my appetite so I ate more. I'm still working on getting those pounds off and getting back to working on my weight goal.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

20LBS turned you "super obese"?

If you're not trolling, google "hyperbole" and post a short essay on why it's not a good forum posting habit. lol.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options

Why would you overlook the scary medical things folks are bringing up? I feel like there's something you're not telling us.

I've had my scale register 17 lbs differently on the carpet, so maybe your scale got put on some different surface?
  • Stricera
    Options
    Okay so like :v I went to the bathroom(Thanks diarrhea) and when I last looked at the scale I was 261. Now that after I went I'm 247. :u Is this the extreme water weight thing or am I going crazy?
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'd really be checking your scale battery.
  • carolinafirefly
    carolinafirefly Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Probably a scale issue because the only other explanation would be sudden water weight gain. If that were the case, your stomach would be quite large and tight with fluid, or you would be able to press fairly hard on your ankles/tops of feet/wrists for a few seconds and find that your skin stays indented for a while after you let go. A liter of retained water would be about 2 lbs, so 10 liters would not be retained over a two day period without you noticing symptoms like that.
  • Stricera
    Options
    I'd really be checking your scale battery.

Just replaced them and it's tellign me the same thing as the last batts' did
  • carolinafirefly
    carolinafirefly Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Okay so like :v I went to the bathroom(Thanks diarrhea) and when I last looked at the scale I was 261. Now that after I went I'm 247. :u Is this the extreme water weight thing or am I going crazy?

Yeah, definitely the scale unless you just evacuated about 7 liters of water. Doubtful.