workout clothes (women)

Options
2»

Replies

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    I love Fabletics for their bottoms.........capris or full length pants. I alternate between 3 different ones every day and have been wearing the same ones for the past year. Their tops leave a lot to be desired so I shop around for tanks...........can't stand having sleeves on when I work out. I really like the FILA high impact sports bra right now as a 38C, but I'm open to trying something else!!!
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    For full figured women, I can higly recommend Panache and Enell bras. Panache makes a prettier sports bra than Enell, but they are back hooked. I prefer front hook, and the Enell has that, plus their sizing means you may be able to wear the same bra through a couple of inches or more of reduction. Mine has fit from my highest of 32G down to 30E.

Are far as clothing, I'm a cozy gal. I work out at home, so ratty old t-shirts with cutoff sweats or nylon shorts are my uniform. Plus, I'd much rather invest on quality undergarments for comfort and protection than clothing no one but my dog sees, lol.
  • MadeByMattel
    MadeByMattel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was told for busty girls (like myself) wearing the granny bras from like Macy's and then your sports bra over that really give you the support you need. I'm so gonna try that because even Victoria Secret doesn't hold me to my liking.
  • MudstainSally
    MudstainSally Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Alright, lets just put this out there. I'm a 38K/L (yeah you read that right). When I was 100lbs lighter I was still busting out of DDD bras and didn't know anything bigger existed. I used to be in the army and a boxer and I know those girls were just bouncing every which way.

Now, I sped a good deal of $ on bras. My personal favorite brand for both sports bra and every day is Goddess. I wear the Keira every day. They are usually about $45 on prime, but I sometimes find them at about $29 on sale. Their sports bra doesn't go up as high in cup size. I still double those up for high intensity workouts, their band size on their sports bras is way tighter, I have a 40 and a 42 and I wear the 42 over the 40.

I wear compression pants under some looser knit shorts because I'm not ready for my big ol' rear to be that exposed. I'm cheap with outout clothes, but I've been happy buying Danskin from walmart.com.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I wear a supportive bra. This past fall I discovered the Berlei Running Bra and I'm a complete convert. Hands-down the most comfortable bra I've ever owned, and it does a fantastic job supporting me despite a lack of massive constriction. I'm currently a 36 DDD / F , but started at a 38 H in Nov 2015.

(insert shameless plug for HerRoom.com here! -- the universal cup size is a godsend for us busty ladies!).

Other than that I'm cheap. I have a huge pile of t-shirts people have given me over the years as gifts, or "rewards" for joining professional societies, or vendor hand-outs at science meetings. I actually hate t-shirts because I get rashes on my chest (thanks, lupus) but I'm wearing them out, darn it! And I wear yoga pants or shorts, depending on how hot it is and how intensely I'm working out. I shop sales (and lately now that I'm small enough to find clothes there, Goodwill).

I DO spend a great deal of money on well-fitting footwear, though. I still try to shop the sales, but honestly $100 for a pair of well-fitting and supportive shoes is worth it.

ug8x176u8zst.jpg
  • tarabole
    tarabole Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I really like workout tights booty shorts and tanks. I splurge on workout clothes because I'm in the gym so much and buy alo, beyond yoga, Olympia and once in while lulu lemon makes something I don't mind.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I was told for busty girls (like myself) wearing the granny bras from like Macy's and then your sports bra over that really give you the support you need. I'm so gonna try that because even Victoria Secret doesn't hold me to my liking.

I did that when I was still nursing my baby and starting back into exercising! It worked great.

• SuperheroSadie
    SuperheroSadie Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I wear yoga pants and whatever t-shirt happens to be clean. I went to the mens department of Walmart and bought a bunch of crew neck white t-shirts for super cheap.
  • madhouse88
    madhouse88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    tracefan wrote: »
    Are they good quality???
    jkhoffe wrote: »
    I love the outfits at fabetics! Just ordered another sports bra and pullover today!

I thought they were good quality, but the pants NEVER STAY UP. Maybe it's just my muffin-top, don't judge. I quit my subscription after a few months, but I think they have great designs, it's good quality... the sports bras were not very supportive (or at least the 2 that I got, but I did have one that was more supportive- a racerback bra).
  • madhouse88
    madhouse88 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I randomly went into Kmart for the first time in probably 15 years the other day while waiting to pick up my daughter and I found some really great pants by Everlast there, for about $18. I thought it was a steal. They also carry some cute Jillian Michael's branded workout gear, but that stuff was more expensive. I am going to go thrift shopping this weekend to find some old t-shirts to work out in.
  • stellabest99
    stellabest99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I got high impact sports bras from old navy and love them. I haven't tried their maximum but it might be something to try in stores then jump up and down see if it works for you. It's always a high support bra and then my t-shirt/tank even if it has a built in bra. Then pants depending on the weather. I'll list some of the my favourite brands so far. I am very cheap so I look for affordable brands I could never afford a $70 bra or jacket atm tbh.

Oh boy... don't try shopping for bras in New Zealand then... most bras START at around $60 :-(
    I usually wait til my next trip to the USA and then go bra shopping! SOOOOOO many more choices, especially for us larger gals. NZ seems to think if we are busty (I love that word!) then we don't need pretty bras. Plain and boring is pretty much what we get :-(
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I get my workout shirts (sleeveless running style shirts usually) and capris from Marshall's, Walmart, Target, and the clearance rack at JCP.

As for bra's, I like Shock Absorber and La Ilsa. I buy my bras from Amazon when they are on sale. My first shock absorber was a 38E and it held everything in place. I was able to get it for $24 on Amazon when it was on sale. The last time I purchased one (also on sale) I was able to snag it for $15 and at the same time I found La Ilsa who makes bras practically identical to Shock Absorber that are typically priced about $20.
  • ronda112
    ronda112 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have a horrible time finding regular bras that fit. I am 34I. So not that big around but huge up front and sooooo have never been able to find a sports bra that fits. If anyone knows of any that fit freaks please share.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    ronda112 wrote: »
    I have a horrible time finding regular bras that fit. I am 34I. So not that big around but huge up front and sooooo have never been able to find a sports bra that fits. If anyone knows of any that fit freaks please share.
    @ronda112
    try Panache or Freya (you can find them on Amazon)
    They aren't cheap, but it looks like their 34G is the equivalent of a US 34I according to the size chart.
  • mrtastybutt
    mrtastybutt Posts: 87 Member
    Options
  • fishccer
    fishccer Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am DD and have a real problem with "movement" shall we call it? I really need a sports bra that unzips or clasps IN FRONT as I have limited movement in one shoulder due to a past episode of frozen shoulder, and I'm now getting it in the other shoulder :( so can't do the calisthenics required to get in and especially out of the slip over kinds. Any suggestions ladies?

Try a shock absorber active, its like a normal bra to get on and off but the compression is great. I love it at 36E, no movement at all.