30 net carbs?

Options
Ok, what are you all eating, or not eating to get down to 30 net carbs or under a day? I seem to be stuck at about 60ish. Anyone want to share a normal days diet? I want to still feel like I can eat, I don't eat sugars, rice, pasta, potatoes or bread. We don't eat boxed or processed foods. Any suggestions appreciated.
Thanks!

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I skip all sugar added foods, grains, baked goods, noodles, most starchy veggies and most fruit. My main carbs are veggies and greens.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    OP, I suggest you check out the mail low-carber forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketofiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

There are also lots of of there who have open diaries and/or open diaries to friends which would probably help give you an idea of how to eat lower carb. Best of luck to you and hope to see you on the LC boards soon!
  • wellis1
    wellis1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the replys, ideas, and support! This is certainly a process, but in getting there, just a little at a time.
  • ronda112
    ronda112 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat tortilla with chicken, cheese, green pepper, onion and salsa is one of our favorite low carb meals. We also like grilled fish and asparagus, Lemon Chicken and green beans, Turkey Cheese Burgers and slaw, and one of my faves...turkey kielbasa and cabbage. I do encourage to drink "Zero" a 0 carb Gatorade to replace electrolytes since low carb diet tends to deplete the body of some vital minerals, along with a multi vitamin daily.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    kimyrachel wrote: »
    WHY are you not eating all the good stuff :( I get my 90% of calories from carbs (potatoes, fruits, veggies, rice, pasta etc) If you are undercarbed, you will definitely feel hungry and it will backfire by eating unhealthy food. How about reconsidering the whole idea that carb is bad??

What are you talking about? First off, getting 90% of your calories from carbs is absurd and extremely unhealthy. I'm usually the one defending carb intake from those who demonize carbs, but there is a happy medium and you are far from it. If this is true you're not getting anywhere near a healthy amount of protein, nor are you getting anywhere near a healthy amount of dietary fat.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    WHY are you not eating all the good stuff :( I get my 90% of calories from carbs (potatoes, fruits, veggies, rice, pasta etc) If you are undercarbed, you will definitely feel hungry and it will backfire by eating unhealthy food. How about reconsidering the whole idea that carb is bad??

@kimyrachel Funny, I have had the exact opposite experience. High carbs did however leave me feeling hungry and reaching for the unhealthy foods!
    And as stated above, I cant imagine how your other micros fit in if you are honestly eating 90% carbs :worried:

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    AJ_G wrote: »

What are you talking about? First off, getting 90% of your calories from carbs is absurd and extremely unhealthy. I'm usually the one defending carb intake from those who demonize carbs, but there is a happy medium and you are far from it. If this is true you're not getting anywhere near a healthy amount of protein, nor are you getting anywhere near a healthy amount of dietary fat.

mo offense to the girl that posted about eating 90% of calories from carbs.well I looked at her youtube channel . she doesnt eat a lot,but it was all veggies and fruits. no fats, no protein(nothing high in protein anyway). looked like it was very very low calorie so thats where the 90% carbs came from.but that was just one day.she also says on another one that she cuts out all meat and diary.also cites forks over knives
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    but if you eat what you ate day 1 you are not eating enough food it looked very low calorie..
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    atkins.com has a whole site about eating 20 grams a day of net carbs. Personally I eat vegetables, berries, cream , full fat yoghurt, oily fish, non-lean meat, cheese, eggs, dark chocolate, nuts etc and drink dry wine, spirits with diet mixers......
  • neohdiver
    neohdiver Posts: 738 Member
    Options

This thread is a request from someone who wants to eat below 30 net carbs a day. The OP did not categorize carbs as bad, or explain the reason for eating low carb (of which there are many, including medical reasons).

If you want to debate whether your 90% carb or a below 30 net carb is a better diet, there's a whole new forum for that, so that threads seeking advice regarding a specific goal rather than debate don't get derailed: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/nutrition-debate
  • wellis1
    Options
    ronda112 wrote: »
    Whole wheat tortilla with chicken, cheese, green pepper, onion and salsa is one of our favorite low carb meals. We also like grilled fish and asparagus, Lemon Chicken and green beans, Turkey Cheese Burgers and slaw, and one of my faves...turkey kielbasa and cabbage. I do encourage to drink "Zero" a 0 carb Gatorade to replace electrolytes since low carb diet tends to deplete the body of some vital minerals, along with a multi vitamin daily.

This is very helpful. Thank you!
  • wellis1
    Options
    Several comments noted that I had not explained why i want to follow a low carb diet. The reason is because I am insulin resistance, and it was recommended by my Dr. I feel better when not eating a lot of carbs. I've done well to reduce my carbs to about 80- 90 a day, and have lost some weight. It's time to take the next step and lower this level more to have more energy and more weight loss.
    Thanks to all for the advice. Keep it coming! :smiley:
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    low carb is not going to net more weight loss,meaning it wont be fat it will be mostly water weight and glycogen stores. to lose weight its all about CICO(calories in vs calories out).low carb is helpful with insulin resistance but its not going to speed up or make you lose more, low carb is not a magical way to lose weight any faster.weight fluctuates and is not linear, and there may be times you dont lose at all. but good luck.