Diamond Dolls Week 1- Closed Group

Options
Hello Ladies!

This first post will probably be the shortest of the bunch when it comes to weekly threads, but we're all getting to know each other and our team first. Next week's thread will have a bunch of losers!

First off, we've had a roster change, since one of our ladies dropped out, so we've offered a spot to PartonSara! Welcome her ladies.

For the sake of brevity, you're able to discuss what you like here, but at the very least answer the Question of the Day. This week I'll be asking the questions, but next week you all will have assigned days, so keep an eye out for the updated roster.

Any information or questions, please read the DD blog: myfitnesspal.com/blog/diamonddolls

Question of the Day: 6/20
What changes have you made to your diet/fitness routine, if any, to kick off this challenge?

Keep Shining!

Replies

• LosingTheWeight2014
    Options
    Hi All...

So excited to be here...first challenge ever and I'm ready!

My name is Monica and I'm on the ORANGE TEAM!! Go Orange Team...just so you all know...we are going to dominate this challenge! =)

Anyhow, I have changed my eating to be between 1000-1200 calories per day and I exercise a minimum of 4 days per week for at least 45 minutes each time! The exercise is new to me because, before this I HATED to exercise and I now find that I actually enjoy it once I'm there at the gym and doing it.

Good luck to all!! =)
  • MrsBrosco
    MrsBrosco Posts: 295
    Options
    I have decided to entirely re-dedicate myself to my healthier lifestyle. I have lost 59lbs to date using MFP but have fallen off of the wagon for nearly 10 months now. It's time for me to re-focus. I had gotten down to a 71lb loss at one point and then gained 11lbs back and haven't had any motivation to move forward. It's time for me to get my head back in the game and I think that this is going to help me dramatically.

I feel SO much better when i'm at my lowest, i'm at a point where I feel like a slug and am uncomfortable in my clothing. It's time to kick butt again and I can and will :wink:

Good Luck Diamond Dolls, we can do this!!!
  • Harrar10
    Harrar10 Posts: 116
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    My Name is Amber I am 23, and had my first baby 12 week ago her name is Kayley Rayne and she is my number one reason for losing weight!! I gained over 60 lbs during my pregnancy and I am not proud of that. When I was 19 i lost 50 lbs to join the Army, got in injured my hip trying to deploy and after 3 years in I was medically discharged. I gained most of my weight back then because of my injury and lack of mobilization. I got to my peak the day my daughter was born at 231 lbs!

I decided then I wanted to change! I started dieting after she was born and started exercising slowly at about 4 weeks after my C-section. Today I weighed myself and I can Happily announce I am 179.5 lbs!! that is 52 lbs lighter! and a few steps closer to my goal weight of below 150 lbs!

What changes have you made to your diet/fitness routine, if any, to kick off this challenge?

I have decided to do my treadmill work out 5x a week instead of my usual 4x I am also adding in abs, lower body, and upper body workout every day before my treadmill. I will take breaks on Saturdays and Sundays from exercising but keep up my 1200 calorie diet!

Exercises:
    My treadmill work out includes a 5 min warm up at speed 2.7mph, then I will run at speed 4.0mph for the following minute intervals 5-2-2-3-2-2-2-3-2 with a 90 second walk at 3.0mph in between each run and ending with a 5 min cool down for a total of 45 minutes and 416 calories (according to my treadmill)

Abs: (3 sets max reps) *30 second rest*
    Yoga Crunches (crunch to the left, to the middle, to the right, to the middle holding 4 seconds)
    Reverse curls (Hands under small of back lift legs up and lower down but not to the ground almost touching the ground)
    Plank ( left side, right side, middle, hold 15 seconds each)

Upper Body: (3 sets max reps) *30 second rest*
    Push-ups (I do real at least 1 or 2 real pushups and the rest girl push-ups to work up my arm strength)
    Behind head ( I use a large jar of applesauce but basically anything kinda heavy, but it behind your head and lift straight up)
    4 count Overhead Arm Claps ( arms extended straight out to the side, bring upward to clap your hands together counting 1-clap 2 straight out to the side 3-clap 4 straight out to the side = counts as 1)

Lower Body: (3 sets max reps) *30 second rest*
    Squats
    Jane Fonda’s ( lay on side, hand behind your head elbow on the ground balance and lift your leg as far as you can, both left and right sides of your body)
    Straight Leg Deadlift ( stand straight focus on something like the top of a door, keeping your back straight bend forward holding a weight, or something about 10lbs, while keeping your eyes focused on a high thing like a window, bend over keeping back straight and eyes forward.
  • MOOOSEEE3
    MOOOSEEE3 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    First off...hey there PartonSara! Welcome to the Challenge!
    As far as the changes made to kick off this challenge...I went shopping on Friday night and prior to shopping looked up so many new recipes and bought some things I've never eaten before. Here's to hoping I actually enjoy these new foods and can continue incorporating them into my diet. (couscous, yellow and orange peppers, steel cut oats to name a few). Also going to try to kick my excercise up a notch as well. 5 day minimum instead of 3-4 days a week. Let's do this!
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    Welcome PartonSarah!!!

I go by a childhood nickname: Skylar. I am 23, and an MBA student in New York. I got injured as a kid (did serious damage to both knees) and was in and out of PT for a very long time. I finally got to the point I could ride horses again and I jumped at the chance my senior year of college. By then I had hit my highest weight two years earlier - 265lbs. I was down to 245ish by mid-senior year and last summer through riding and being with MY first horse, Cody, I was down somewhere around 230. Cody is my world - she's like my daughter and if you are one of my friends, you'll notice I post about her OFTEN (she's the one on my ticker & profile pic). Anyway, when I moved to New York and couldn't ride 5-7 days a week weight crept back on. Our winter was especially harsh and made things tough - there were weeks I couldn't go riding because the snow was so bad.

I decided this spring, through educating myself & talking with friends that I needed to be more realistic about where I'm 'supposed' to be on the scale. I'm a large-frame girl. I've had doctors tell me time and again a single-digit size isn't going to fit me. So for awhile I thought why try? I carry the extra weight well - I don't look morbidly obese or even obese. And most people thought I weighed 40-60lbs less than I actually did. And, I could always find clothes that looked pretty good. It took a lot of time shopping, but I could find them.

I'm doing this for me - to be healthy, fit & riding with my horse(s) until I'm 85+. To be able to go on grand adventures with kids, grandkids & great-grands in the future. I've got BIG dreams and its time for me to stop standing in my own way!

From March 28th - my first day on MFP - to today I've lost 30lbs (now 215). I'm hoping to lose another 15-20 before August 8th. August 9th is the first day of my business fraternity's biennial national conference. I truly hope to be in 'one'derland by conference time. I know my brothers will be proud of what I've achieved. My second short-term goal is to be 185 or less by September 18th. This is the high end of 'healthy' BMI for me (I'm 6ft) and the 19th is my LAST first-day of school! If I'm 185 or less by that time... I will weigh the same or less than my first day of 8th grade, a decade previous.

My first major goal is to be down to 175 (70lbs lost!!!) by early November/Thanksgiving. After that my weight loss will cease to be a numbers game and be all about toning this awesome body of mine into a lean, toned, tight machine! My final target weight is between 155-170 with 20-25% body fat (athletic/fit).

So. How in the WORLD am I going to accomplish this?!? Well, for starters I'm focused on utilizing my summer to its fullest, because losing weight while school is in session is MUCH more difficult.

So, for the question of the day:

From today through Sept. 18th I am going to burn 750+ calories through exercise 5 or more days a week! I am biking to work each and every day M-Fri (with the exception of thunderstorms...), horseback riding 3-4 days a week, completing the Wii EA Sports 30 day challenge on the hard setting, and after the 30 day challenge - I'm going to do 30DS for two months. That should get me close to my 750 cal/day goal... I think ;)

I have also applied for a scholarship to a top-notch gym and if I get that I will be doing HIT and Water Zumba classes 3-4 days a week. At some point, I hope to find the motivation to re-start C25K training too... but I need to be careful about not putting too much on my knees every single day... so this may be a school-year/winter project on the treadmill.

And, hopefully this will be the longest post I write this summer - sorry for the novel!

Lets do this Diamond Dolls! GO PURPLE!
  • BethanieK
    BethanieK Posts: 201
    Options
    Welcome PartonSara!

After many discussions with my nutitionist, I am having to learn to cycle my calories. Apparently my body is very finicky (go figure), and on the days when I hit the gym hard, I need to really increase my calorie intake, which seems like a foreign idea to me.

I also decided to incorporate a lot more weight training into my workouts, because I don't want to be stuck with loose skin after all of this!

Everyone have a wonderful, productive, and fun week! DD team is gunna kick butt! :)

-Bethanie
  • Harrar10
    Harrar10 Posts: 116
    Options
    Welcome everyone, and Skylar you are doing an amazing job!! :-) Keep it up and I know you will reach all of your goals right on track!!
    My mini goals are to reach below 150 lbs by the time Kayley turns 6 months old, I want to take family pictures and be able to feel confident in them.
    Then my next goal is to hit 135 by Christmas adn then from there I will not focus on losing anymore and just work on toning and maintaining! :-)
  • chasekilgannon
    Options
    Most of you know I'm the chick behind the Diamond Dolls profile, so hello! I'm Chase.

My Answer: Time to take advantage of summer and get in the pool! I'm getting exercise by swimming when I can.
  • Tacita123
    Tacita123 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm Tacita and I'm on the purple team! (In the tiny photo I'm the one in the purple jumper!)
    To really get myself into this challenge I've decided I'll work out 6 days a week! I want to try to incorporate Zumba, swimming, 30 day shred and some yoga!

Hope everyone is having a good first day!
    Tacita
  • defygravity531
    defygravity531 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the challenge, PartonSarah!!

My first and most important change is to WRITE DOWN EVERY SINGLE THING THAT GOES INTO MY MOUTH. I get lazy about tracking a LOT and that has been my first change.

Secondly, I have made un-breakable gym dates with myself. :) I work 2 jobs, one of which has a set schedule, the other varries from week to week. So when I got my schedule, I sat down and decided which days I'm going to work out. This week I'm going to work out Tuesday (Summer Solstice hike), Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday (gym, gym, and gym). My new apartment complex also has a pool and if the weather EVER decides to be nice again, I will swim too.

I know myself well enough to know that I slack SO easily. I tell myself it's ok and that I have however long I want to lose my last 40 pounds. I'm so thankful for this challenge, it's given me a deadline to shoot for for at least the next 15 of those pounds. Each week I KNOW I can't slack off because my PURPLE TEAM teammates are counting on me.

SO I guess what I'm saying is that tough love is welcome and appreciated!!

Good luck to all!
  • psnow9127
    psnow9127 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello Dolls!
    So.... Changes for the challenge... In addition to my regular workouts I am going to start c25k. I've always hated running and I really want to try to get to the point where it's not as terrible and maybe even enjoyable. Also a new change is protein shakes for dinner. I have started a new job that is 4pm to 11pm waiting tables at an insanely busy restaurant. If I have my protein shake that I drink during work then I don't snack on bread and the fettuccine Alfredo they put out for staff meal :) And the protein shakes are actually really tasty so that's good. I'm having one rest day on Sundays. How I feel having already lost the first 10 pounds is great motivation not to slide back. We're going to accomplish so much together!
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hello, All!
    My name is Marianne.
    I'm going to try and incorporate some swimming or aqua aerobics at my Dad's pool during the summer at least 2x a week!
  • lydt5880
    lydt5880 Posts: 90 Member
    Options

I have begun doing Zumba (only on the PS3) and am aiming to do at least 2 classes/sessions a week =)
  • MeganLord
    MeganLord Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey yall!
    My name is Megan
    Im goin to try to stick to walking my dogs after my workout and after that try to cool off by swimming laps at the pool.. of course the weather can change this :(
  • Macy_R
    Macy_R Posts: 91
    Options
    Hello :) I'm Macy!!! :) add me if I haven't added you, I tried to get everyone!

Sorry I'm kind of in a rush today so I wish I could read everyone's reply! I wanted to at least do my duty and answer the question! :)

I'm really just going to try and use the challenge as a reason to push harder and a reason to eat healthy! I'm not really changing anything because I'm having steady results right now :)

I'm soooo excited about this!!! :)
  • partonsara
    partonsara Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Thanks for the warm welcome! My name is Sara. I have been doing MFP with my husband since January and we have both had great success. Together we are down over 110 lbs! I have been slacking over the past few weeks. I am looking for that motivation and support to get me over that last 10 lb hump to goal. My husband has been great but I just need that extra outside help, if you know what I mean :)!

As for the things I need/want to change going into this workout...definitely logging everything that I eat. I was really good at it in the beginning but the last few weeks I have been awful at it. I started running last year and I have a goal to run the Baltimore Half Marathon this year, 17 weeks away. I am going to start training tomorrow. Anyone else training for something? I started with the C25K last August and haven't looked back, I love running now.

Good luck ladies!
  • mona24523
    mona24523 Posts: 100
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am so excited about this challenge. Go Orange

Changes I have made is to TRY not to eat any bacon at work. This has been really hard for me, everytime I walk thur the kitchen at work it is sitting there in big piles. Bacon is my favorit food. I'm going to try my best not to eat any. Also i'm trying to give up Deit Pepsi or atleast limit it to on bottle a day. This has been hard for me this time, before I had no proublem giving up soda don't know why I can't this time.
    I'm also going to get in at least one hour of exercise most days. I went hiking on Sunday and I wanted to give up in the first 20 minutes because it was very steep in the begining, Last time I tried to hike this mountain I quite and turned around, but on Sunday I made it to the top:).
  • lustris
    lustris Posts: 152
    Options
    Hiya Dolls ;)
    Welcome Partonsara! Pumped to have you with us, I might of missed in the post but what team are you on? Just so you know in advance Orange is going to rock this Challenge ;)

GO ORANGE!!

What changes have I made? Well, I have dedicated myself to working out 5-6x a week with one rest day (sunday) and I plan on sticking to that! 3days of c25k, and 2-3days of video workouts. I have been drawing a diamond on my wrist everyday in ink to remind myself not to reach for that "extra snack". Credit for that goes to defygravity (hope I got that name right) thank you so much for that amazing idea! It really does help :)

So far that is all I have changed up a bit..I will see how that goes for this week and change things up as needed!

Everyone I have met through this challenge up to this point has been incredibly motivational and I'm so happy I signed up for this!! Here's to the next 7 weeks ladies :drinker:
  • northernchic
    northernchic Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies!! And welcome PartonSara, you’ve done so well already you’re a great inspiration to have on the team :happy:

My name is Betty (purple team!!) and I have been with MFP (on & off) since November of 2010 with varying degrees of success…I own both the successes AND the failures as I know what I need to do…I just need to DO it!! I’ve been playing with the same darn 20lbs for a few years now and I’m ready to hit Onderland and not look back!! So I’m really excited to a part of such a supportive group who I’m hoping won’t be afraid to give me that kick in the behind I might need from time to time!

My plan:
    1) Regimented Exercise: my first goal is to work on my elliptical at least 5x week. I’m going to start at 15 minutes and move up from there…
    2) Journaling my food: OMG…I can tell you this is the FIRST thing to go…and historically I’m horrible on the weekends. But I’m going to be positive and my new motto is “if I bite it I have to write it!!!”
    3) Liquid intake: my weakness is soda, so NO soda for me for a while as I need to get that H2O intake going!
    4) Eating Healthy(er): I’m just plain trying to eat better…control my portions…try to avoid concentrated sweets…etc. I’m not interested in starving myself to 150 then gaining it all back in a year…I want this weight off for GOOD!!
    5) I’m making a collage of inspiration to hang in front of my elliptical. This way when I hit minute 12 and feel like I’m going to die if I do ONE more step…I’ll be reminded of why I need to push that extra mile…my health, my horses and to feel good about myself :happy:
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    Welcome PartonSara!

I am going to use this challenge to remotivate. I need to amp up my wokouts, so I plan to continue my 6x per week routine and add in some more serious workouts. Today I am doing Jillian Michael's 6in6 and a 45 minute boot camp. I am upping my water intake back to 3 liters per day minimum (I've slipped on this lately) and will stay within my calorie goals every day. I will also do my core routine 6x per week. Since I will be taking some extra time from the kiddos during this challenge, I am going to add in some Just Dance Wii with them for a little bonus quality time/workout!

Good luck to everyone, but especially to the GREEN TEAM!!!!!!!