Cleansing

Options
Okay y'all I went to GNC and the guy recommended The Cleanser..anybody tried it or know more about it..today is the first day and it's supposed to clear your body of toxins?

Replies

• ShrinkingScientist
    Options
    Do you have a functioning liver and kidneys? Yes? Then there's absolutely no reason to do a "cleanse", there's no scientific evidence that they get rid of anything other than money in your bank account.
  • fat2skinee662
    fat2skinee662 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Ugh really!!! That's a total waste then!!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    psjcw94d11xf.jpg
    Excuse the grammatical mistakes.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Yup, sorry 'cleanses' are total bunk. Basically, you have organs which cleanse toxins and if they aren't doing their job, you need a hospital, not a GNC :) Don't worry - we've all been caught out at one time or another. Don't go far from a toilet.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Not only are cleanses total bunk, but starvation mode is a myth!
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    Not only are cleanses total bunk, but starvation mode is a myth!

+1
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

Yes.
  • auddii
    Options
    psjcw94d11xf.jpg

This is awesome.
  • singingflutelady
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    psjcw94d11xf.jpg

This is awesome.

Except the grammatical errors ;)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options

Unfortunately yes. I assume it's too late to return whatever he sold you?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Glad to see a good natured, receptive OP, and that infographic (aside from the grammatical errors) is awesome.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    01s0zw5hlegm.jpg

Brilliant!
  • fat2skinee662
    fat2skinee662 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You know this whole thing is supposed to be to HELP one another!! Motivation or support or even knowledge! I am new to this and unfortunately yes I bought it! Which is fine also bc I know now but you can keep the sarcasm to yourself! Believe me when I say I won't ask for help on here again!!
  • auddii
    Options
    You know this whole thing is supposed to be to HELP one another!! Motivation or support or even knowledge! I am new to this and unfortunately yes I bought it! Which is fine also bc I know now but you can keep the sarcasm to yourself! Believe me when I say I won't ask for help on here again!!

Really? No one was overly sarcastic or unhelpful.

If you want everyone to be overly nice and tell you exactly what you want to hear, apparently you can just go back to GNC. You may have a harder time losing weight and keeping your money if you go that route though.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

your initial response was much better you know :)

nobody is making fun of you

people are making light of the detox industry because it is all pervasive and almost everybody believes in the hype - apart from those who have been exposed to the science behind it - or been posting on MFP for more than a month

because these threads come round time and time again - and each time it's the same response

just people try to find a new way to amuse themselves
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    There are a lot of helpful and knowledgeable people on MFP, some of the heavy hitters have already posted in this thread. No sarcasm or ill will is meant toward you but there is a lot of derision for the sector of the supplement industry that preys on people who aren't aware of how many ineffective/unnecessary products there are.

Check this thread out: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1088600/dear-mean-people-of-mfp/p1
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options

dont take it to heart people just dont want you to waste your money
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,398 MFP Moderator
    Options

They aren't making fun of you. Its one of the most asked questions on the forum, so people like to keep it light. And trust me, we have all bought into dumb stuff or particular diets. And unfortunately, the only way to learn is to make mistakes.

Just keep your head up and feel free to ask questions.