Cleansing

Options
2»

Replies

• Bowsergirl
    Bowsergirl Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Honestly even if you've opened it and used some I'd try to return it. Just tell them you didn't like it. They'll probably at least give you store credit that you could use to get some vitamins or protein powder for smoothies.
    I've returned a lot of weird stuff to stores.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    You know this whole thing is supposed to be to HELP one another!! Motivation or support or even knowledge! I am new to this and unfortunately yes I bought it! Which is fine also bc I know now but you can keep the sarcasm to yourself! Believe me when I say I won't ask for help on here again!!

Wat.

Who was mean to you in this thread?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    You know this whole thing is supposed to be to HELP one another!! Motivation or support or even knowledge! I am new to this and unfortunately yes I bought it! Which is fine also bc I know now but you can keep the sarcasm to yourself! Believe me when I say I won't ask for help on here again!!

Seriously? I've seen nothing but supportive posts here. People are critical of the concept of needing to detox/cleanse anything - because it is SO prevalent in the weight loss industry today and it is such an unnecessary and damaging concept. You are not the first, or last (unfortunately) to post a thread like this. It happens ever day, every week, every month... People telling you that you wasted your money are not criticizing you - they are trying to help you be informed, and maybe you then can help other people. Your original responses were so receptive to what people were telling you about these not being necessary and wasting your money. Why are you feeling so defensive now? Because of a clever graphic that really gets the point across well? Many people don't bother to read post after post in these type of threads, but an image like what @lemonlionheart posted really hits home. You got your question answered, but there are countless other people who didn't ask for themselves but might be considering a detox/cleanse. Getting good information out in as many ways as possible in threads like this may help someone else avoid wasting their money or putting themselves through something unpleasant and potentially dangerous.

• fat2skinee662
    fat2skinee662 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    No sorry I got messaged by a couple people saying that's dumb and all sorts of stuff. I wasn't referring to anyone on here. Thanks for all the advice guys!
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    No sorry I got messaged by a couple people saying that's dumb and all sorts of stuff. I wasn't referring to anyone on here. Thanks for all the advice guys!

Of note, you can block people from sending you messages, and you can also mage a mod or staff member if the messages are attacking you or inappropriate.
  • wendygirl23
    wendygirl23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    So, how do you know if your liver and kidneys are functioning properly? What are the signs that you do need a doctor? (like the infographic shows)... I have a very strong aversion to doctors, so finding a problem at a 'regular' checkup is not going to happen. Are there mild warning signs/symptoms that show up before toxicity levels are dangerous? And, what would y'all consider good preventative care? I like that I stumbled on a thread that might help me figure some things out, so tia!

I should note, I have had several (nurses) people in my family and church comment on my yellow complexion in the last few months, but I really believe it is because I started eating more orange/yellow veggies. Thoughts?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    So, how do you know if your liver and kidneys are functioning properly? What are the signs that you do need a doctor? (like the infographic shows)... I have a very strong aversion to doctors, so finding a problem at a 'regular' checkup is not going to happen. Are there mild warning signs/symptoms that show up before toxicity levels are dangerous? And, what would y'all consider good preventative care? I like that I stumbled on a thread that might help me figure some things out, so tia!

I should note, I have had several (nurses) people in my family and church comment on my yellow complexion in the last few months, but I really believe it is because I started eating more orange/yellow veggies. Thoughts?

Annual check ups. Answer all their questions carefully and discuss any symptoms (they should have pretty thorough screening questions).
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Unless you have been eating tonnes of carrots you should go to your doctor because jaundice is one of those warning signs
  • fat2skinee662
    fat2skinee662 Posts: 21 Member
    Options

Of note, you can block people from sending you messages, and you can also mage a mod or staff member if the messages are attacking you or inappropriate. [/quote]

Yes I just found that out lol. I also messaged a staff member! Thank you!!!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options

Go to a doctor.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Unless you have been eating tonnes of carrots you should go to your doctor because jaundice is one of those warning signs

Definitely, skin yellow is generally a solid warning sign.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Sorry people are pming you. That's not right. Thanks for posting--you don't know how many "lurkers" are out there. They follow the forums, but don't post and you will have saved someone else from buying the stuff.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    psulemon wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »

Definitely, skin yellow is generally a solid warning sign.

Also do you have a hard time doing activities you could do easily before? Like do you get winded going up stairs and stuff when you didn't before? Friend of mine had kidney failure, he thought he was just getting sick or something. Go see a doctor if you haven't had a checkup in a while. For reals. Get some basic bloodwork done. You wanna be there for your family even if you have an 'aversion' to doctors.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Yep, see a doctor. Do you drink alcohol or take a lot of medication? Are your eyes discolored too? My skin has a yellowish appearance, but that's only because I'm around the UV lights of my bearded dragon tanks.

It may be the vegetables...an ungodly amount of them.