Mcdonalds Coffee

Options
2»

Replies

• M3ltD0Vvn
    M3ltD0Vvn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    The cool thing, is that we can buy canned MacDiz or Timmies coffee and make it at home. Once our Tassimo died (thank goodness - that was a money pit of caramel), we went back to ground.

The wife prefers Tims, I prefer McDonalds, so we swap month to month with what ground we buy and it actually seems to prolong our enjoyment of the flavors. I dunno if I'm the only one, but coffee flavors seem to "wear out" on me and I have to change it up time to time. I'm a "splash of milk, 1 sugar" type guy anyways, and like a lot of people have mentioned, trying to get someone in the drive through to do that is impossible.
  • roz112
    roz112 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    The exact same thing happened to me a few days ago. MFP said 40cals but I knew that wasn't accurate right after I took my first sip. I usually get a mcdonalds medium with 2 milk and I would say the 160 seems more accurate than the 40 cals. :(
  • M3ltD0Vvn
    M3ltD0Vvn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    25 spoonful of sugar in Starbucks coffee. Its a sensationalized header, and goes on to say only 8 in their "regular" coffee, but still an interesting read:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/02/17/news/companies/sugar-coffee-drinks/index.html
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    M3ltD0Vvn wrote: »
    25 spoonful of sugar in Starbucks coffee. Its a sensationalized header, and goes on to say only 8 in their "regular" coffee, but still an interesting read:

It's in their regular lattes or other drinks, not in their regular coffee.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    The easy solution for this is clear.

Just drink it black. the way it should be.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that McDonald's defines a "cream" as one of the little pre-packaged tubs, each of which is less than 1 tbsp. I would log those separately.
  • eastcoastcountrygirl
    Options
    We have a place called Tim Hortons up here and they do the cream/sugar in front of you as they make it. They use jiggers. A small coffee with cream sugar is one jig. A Medium is 2 jigs. A Large is 3. So if you ask for a "Double Double" (2x cream 2x sugar) it is multiplied by what they use per size. A Large coffee here has 6 sugar 6 cream.....

I always order my coffee black (when its -30c to -50c outside, I drink it black too), and a separate bag for the creamer/sugar.

fwy5kpy6f5st.jpg

Where are you from? I have never ever in my life seen anyone at Tim's use a jigger. Most of them have the pre-measured machine. They hit the button for the size of the cup & it magically measures it properly into the cup. So "1" cream in a small coffee is likely less than "1" cream in a large.
  • mean_and_lean
    mean_and_lean Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    BradWI wrote: »
    When your iced coffee comes back completely white they probably used more creamer/half n half than the website lists. My local MCD had $1 large iced or regular coffees all summer and I had tons of them w sugar free french vanilla. But they always came back pure white so there's no way there was only 2-4 tablespoons in them - realistically I'd guess minimum 3+ ounces of cream in a large.

I even do my iced coffee as McD's black no sweetener. The shear amount of creamer/sugar/sweetened syrup they put in them makes me think people are having some coffee added to their creamer and sugar.
    It's insane. I tried asking for "just a tiny bit of cream" and it was still WAY too light. I finally started ordering it iced, black, no sweetener, with one cream packet on the side. Maybe that made me a pain in the *kitten* but it got me the coffee I wanted.

I've brought coffee back when they put too much milk in it. Usually I can see how much they put in and when I ask for "just a splash" that's exactly what I get. I started doing the same when I get iced coffee out. I have found places like D&D puts waaaaay too much milk -- and ice for that matter so I always ask for "light ice" -- in it. I'm sure it also makes me a PITA but I'm also telling you the way I want it. If I wanted a ton of milk or ice I'd ask.
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    We have a place called Tim Hortons up here and they do the cream/sugar in front of you as they make it. They use jiggers. A small coffee with cream sugar is one jig. A Medium is 2 jigs. A Large is 3. So if you ask for a "Double Double" (2x cream 2x sugar) it is multiplied by what they use per size. A Large coffee here has 6 sugar 6 cream.....

I always order my coffee black (when its -30c to -50c outside, I drink it black too), and a separate bag for the creamer/sugar.

fwy5kpy6f5st.jpg

Where are you from? I have never ever in my life seen anyone at Tim's use a jigger. Most of them have the pre-measured machine. They hit the button for the size of the cup & it magically measures it properly into the cup. So "1" cream in a small coffee is likely less than "1" cream in a large.

Correct, it's metered in according to size (sugar too) so that all sizes taste the same, i.e. an extra large double double tastes the same as a medium d-d. That is how an extra large double double contains 320 calories. Drink that in.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    BradWI wrote: »
    When your iced coffee comes back completely white they probably used more creamer/half n half than the website lists. My local MCD had $1 large iced or regular coffees all summer and I had tons of them w sugar free french vanilla. But they always came back pure white so there's no way there was only 2-4 tablespoons in them - realistically I'd guess minimum 3+ ounces of cream in a large.

I even do my iced coffee as McD's black no sweetener. The shear amount of creamer/sugar/sweetened syrup they put in them makes me think people are having some coffee added to their creamer and sugar.
    It's insane. I tried asking for "just a tiny bit of cream" and it was still WAY too light. I finally started ordering it iced, black, no sweetener, with one cream packet on the side. Maybe that made me a pain in the *kitten* but it got me the coffee I wanted.

Nah, that doesn't make you a pain in the rear. I've been getting coffee from McDs with my stuff on the side since before they put the addins in for customers (I'm showing my age, lol). Plenty of customers get "X creams and Y sweeteners on the side, plus a stir stick, please." They're very understanding.
  • mean_and_lean
    mean_and_lean Posts: 164 Member
    Options

Not if you don't get flavor. It's just milk.