Mommy Challenge (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know what happened - I gained .5 (1/2 pound). I am soooo disappointed. But, I'm even more determined this week to exercise more and make better choices. I'm also wandering if MFP has me set at too many calories?
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    SW - 170.7

Week 6/6/11 - 171.4
    Week 6/13/11 - 172.4 (i know we are supposed to be LOOSING 2 pounds/ week NOT GAINING!!!!!! but I was on vacation :0)
    Week 6/20/11 - 169.7
    Week 6/27/11 -
    Week 7/4/11-
    Total lost -
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    hey ladies!! doing a great job! keep up the hard work and dedication and it WILL come off!
  • dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    SW - 170.7

Week 6/6/11 - 171.4
    Week 6/13/11 - 172.4 (i know we are supposed to be LOOSING 2 pounds/ week NOT GAINING!!!!!! but I was on vacation :0)
    Week 6/20/11 - 169.7
    Week 6/27/11 -
    Week 7/4/11-
    Total lost -

yaayyyy!! i love how although u gained last week u lost that back plus more! big congrats to you!
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Well, I don't know what happened - I gained .5 (1/2 pound). I am soooo disappointed. But, I'm even more determined this week to exercise more and make better choices. I'm also wandering if MFP has me set at too many calories?

what is your weight and calories? use another calorie counter to verify...and dont get down...trust me we all have those weeks!
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options

You can customize all of your daily nutritional goals. I'm doing a low carb diet so I changed MFPs recommendations drastically. The most important thing is you do what works for you, and every body is different!
  • quiarga
    quiarga Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    SW - 130.0
    Week 6/6/11 - 129.6
    Week 6/13/11 - 127.4
    Week 6/20/11 - 125.4
    Week 6/27/11 -
    Week 7/4/11-
    Total lost - 4.6

Hmm I need 5.4 lbs in the next 2 weeks. With the way the last 2 weeks have gone I could get 4 pounds. I think that's still an awesome accomplishment. 120 was my original goal weight, but now I'm shooting for 115. Thanks everyone for the motivation! It's truly been wonderful to see how shedding a few pounds is affecting so many areas of my life!
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    185.2 this week. WAHOOO!!! Managed to keep most of the 4lb I lost last week off! Even with a baseball tournament this last weekend! Goals: more water, logging everything and working out 4-6 times this week with at least 45 minutes each workout. July fourth is fast approaching. Have a great day you beautiful mommies!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    Options
    Starting Weight: 136

6/6: 136
    6/13: 135
    6/20: 135

Ugh....It's my fault. I've just been so totally unmotivated and havent' been keeping up with anything. It's a new week and a fresh start.
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I feel exactly the same way, I feel extremely guilty not being home when I'm at work all day and may only see my son for a few hours before he goes to bed. I do my bootcamp classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5am. I was doing Jillian's workouts after he went to sleep around 9:00pm (two to three times per week). It can be a very long day but it's well worth it. On the weekend, we go to the beach together, swimming and playing with him is a great workout.

I will admit that this summer he is away with my mom for about a month and a half, summer school and summer camps in Miami, at least the good ones, are extremely expensive. I have for the first time since my son was born (he is almost five) joined a running group at 6:30pm twice per week. Once he returns from his summer vacation, I will be doing the running group on Saturday mornings --when my lil one sleeps.

TO tell you the truth my husband had to teach me that it's ok to have time for yourself, that I do not need to spend every free minute with him and/or my son. It truly is about quality time and not quantity. I have learned that by joining these community work out groups, my energy level and mood are a lot higher and better. When you think about it, Im doing all these great things not just for myself but for my family :)

you are right; its hard; i feel so guilty when i am working out during times that i can be with them. If its before they wake up or after they go to sleep, i dont feel bad, their sleep; but if they are awake, i feel bad. ugh!!! im gonna work on it.

But (in the long run...) you are getting healthier for them. By doing so we have more energy and more time to play with them, run with them, swim with them, laugh with them, walk with them, etc. So, yes it may feel selfish but really it is selfless. You are the most important person in their life and I know that I will do anything I can to be with them all the time. Hope this puts a new perspective on it for you!!! Hang in their mommies. It's hard but it's totally worth it!!! :heart:
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    SW - 153.8
    Week 6/6/11 - 154.4 :(
    Week 6/13/11 - 153.0-finally after 6 weeks!!
    Week 6/20/11 - 153.4
    Week 6/27/11 -
    Week 7/4/11-
    Total lost -

TOM!!! I hate you! really thought it would be more, I feel like shamu this morning!!
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options

what is your weight and calories? use another calorie counter to verify...and dont get down...trust me we all have those weeks!

My weight now is 178.5 and my calories were about 1,370 a day. I did the recalculate and it lowered the calories to 1,330. I might try to find another calorie counter to check; didn't think about that. Thanks!
  • lovecola06
    lovecola06 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi Fellow Mommies!

I really overindulged over the Father's Day weekend, but I'm gonna work extra hard this week to make up for it.:wink:

SW - 159.4
    Week 6/6/11 - 156.4
    Week 6/13/11 - 154.5
    Week 6/20/11 - 153.8
    Week 6/27/11 -
    Week 7/4/11-
    Total lost - 5.6 lbs

We have two more weeks ladies, and we CAN do this! Everyone is doing so wonderful. Let's keep working hard so we can get one step closer to our goals!
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Weighing in....

Week 05/30/11 - 148
    Week 6/6/11 - 147
    Week 6/13/11 - 145.5
    Week 6/20/11 - 144

This week's loss - 1.5 llbs
    Loss since beginning Mommy Challenge - 4 llbs (6llb since joining MFP)

I look through the thread and some who have lost and some who hasn't and I simply want to say, no matter what, we ARE ALL doing well!! I hope that we can ALL appreciate ourselves for who we are!!

Have a great week chicas!
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi there all my fellow mommies!!! I am back from vacation and I think I did pretty well!! I did gain one pound but from past experience it could have been alot worse so I am happy!!

Starting weight 204
    6/6 198.8
    6/13 198.8
    6/20 199.8

I am still on it and motivated more than ever to continue, but had such a great time in the smokey mountians!!!
  • zsesteacher
    zsesteacher Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone...hope everyone is doing fine on the 3rd week of our challenge...so far I've lost 8 pds all together...I'm so happy..I can't believe I'm under 250...finally..I thought I would never get there..now I know that this website is going to help me get through especially with the help of all of you..thank you...for the ones that didn't do to well this week don't worry hang in there eventually the pds will come off...

when I started this challenge I was 258
    now I'm 250 well like 249.5 but I put 250...this was my goal by the 4th of July so I guess my goal now is to be like 245...so hopefully I'll meet it...Good night everyone...

Yvette
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I am trying really hard to stay positive but there're lots going on at work and my TOM is around the corner... no weight loss for me this week after the weekend
    SW - 158.3
    Week 6/6/11 - 155.00
    Week 6/13/11 - 154.6
    Week 6/20/11 - 154.6
    Week 6/27/11 -
    Week 7/4/11-
    Total lost
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Hi everyone...hope everyone is doing fine on the 3rd week of our challenge...so far I've lost 8 pds all together...I'm so happy..I can't believe I'm under 250...finally..I thought I would never get there..now I know that this website is going to help me get through especially with the help of all of you..thank you...for the ones that didn't do to well this week don't worry hang in there eventually the pds will come off...

when I started this challenge I was 258
    now I'm 250 well like 249.5 but I put 250...this was my goal by the 4th of July so I guess my goal now is to be like 245...so hopefully I'll meet it...Good night everyone...

Yvette

this is amazing yvette!! im so happy for u!!
  • dietfree2012
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I am trying really hard to stay positive but there're lots going on at work and my TOM is around the corner... no weight loss for me this week after the weekend
    SW - 158.3
    Week 6/6/11 - 155.00
    Week 6/13/11 - 154.6
    Week 6/20/11 - 154.6
    Week 6/27/11 -
    Week 7/4/11-
    Total lost

its ok mimi!! your still staying steady and not gaining...u are learning maintainence as well so thats awesome!
  • kaytedawg05
    kaytedawg05 Posts: 209
    Options
    I forgot all about weighing in yesterday but today I'm 255. yikies!
    last week was brutal. my grandfather passed away last Monday and I earned myself a big headache crying & such so I end up blowing of workouts Mon & skipping running club & just going for a bike ride Tues, then my kids were brought home, them along w their dad I had to feed & entertain & Thurs & Friday were filled w food & family while we had the wake & funeral services... sat was my best friends bday... I ate less but not well... and sun was father's day, I prepareda feast if vegetables w a pasta dish & Italian sausage ... yesterday was back to normal & I already feel better ....so.... we'll see where I can get by the 4th with this huge set back...