Options
2»

Replies

• rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    jimmmer wrote: »
    wheelsjad wrote: »
    I don't think I have ever thought of insanity as a beginner program...you should definitely have some level of fitness or athleticism if you truly want to be successful at it. Diet is key, and everything can modified if need be. IMO the training that your body gets from it translates really well into real world fitness applications as well...I am 6'2"

9t6othukbdf2.jpg

Some people get lucky with it. Some don't.

As a programme - it's badly designed however you split it. There's literally no break between sessions for adequate soft tissue adaptation. And that wouldn't be SO much of a problem if the volume was lower, but the sheer number of plyometric movements in one session is off the charts.

When I say beginner- I mean beginner to plyometric training. You then get this person who's likely done few plyometric movements (or if they have certainly not to this volume) and you ask them to perform untold numbers of sloppy plyometric reps in a given time. Then you ask them to come back the following day and repeat.

Nuts. It's certainly well named.

Okay, i think i understand your post: This is not a good program for those not well versed in plyometric training/form as the volume is incredibly high and there is more focus on doing as much as possible with/without good form....

However, for someone (like myself) who can perform these movements safely, would it be a viable option if adequate rest days were set between workouts? Or is the volume of training still too high?

As far as i'm familiar with plyometric training it is great at burning a bunch of calories, increasing power, and designed to help you exert maximum force in short intervals of time. But it's generally only done for short periods of time (<30 minutes), right? No?

halp plz
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    karmaheart wrote: »
    After several attempts to do Insanity I have decided to give up. It's just too much for a person my size ( 5'4" 120 pound). I started doing body revolution combined with a 3 mile run. Good luck to everyone that's planning to complete it!

Can I ask what your size has to do with it?
  • karmaheart
    karmaheart Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Can I ask what your size has to do with it? [/quote]

Not much really. I don't have much to shed and it's just not worth me hurting myself. I'm happy with body revolution. It's the same program at a slower pace
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I've completed it 3 times and am working on a 4th, I'm in week 1 of month 2. It's hard. You won't keep up, but neither do the people in the video. But if you eat at a deficit you will see results. I didn't see huge numbers moving on the scale until month two - which from what I hear is kind of normal. Don't give up. I was fairly out of shape when I started, I couldn't even come close to making it through the warm ups. The results and bragging rights are worth it though. The only place I did modification was occasionally I would have to do push ups on my knees but other wise slow down, take it at your pace. I have never been a runner because I didn't have the cardio endurance for it but the first time I went out to run a mile after completing insanity I ran a 5k because I felt so good! Just keep pushing, the only thing stopping you is your fear!
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    gb0lsxrxf3uh.jpg

This was the results from my very first 60 day round. I only did insanity.
  • tessie4841
    tessie4841 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've completed it but then got bored but it's the best workout. I always tell people to do the most they can. If they do 20 reps and u do 10 it's fine. It will still define ur body. You'll see changes till second month for sure. I'm doing it again now
  • laraaragon
    laraaragon Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Insane to me! My plantar fasciitis flared horribly a few days into the program. Not for me!
  • karmaheart
    Options
    lindsayh87 wrote: »
    gb0lsxrxf3uh.jpg

This was the results from my very first 60 day round. I only did insanity.

Awesome results!

• karmaheart
    Options
    tessie4841 wrote: »
    I've completed it but then got bored but it's the best workout. I always tell people to do the most they can. If they do 20 reps and u do 10 it's fine. It will still define ur body. You'll see changes till second month for sure. I'm doing it again now

Going to try again tomorrow and only do half the reps. Thanks for the great advice!