Funny excuses for not losing weight or dieting

I'm sure we have all heard from funny to the ridiculous when it comes to excuses people make for not dieting or losing weight. Let's collect some of those.

I like being fat (really?)

Replies

• ernestrodgers82
    ernestrodgers82 Posts: 203 Member
    I'll have to buy a new wardrobe if I lose weight.
  • koinflipper
    koinflipper Posts: 45 Member
    I will be one of the last to starve to death when worldwide famine hits.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member

That's what one of my close friends always says! To be fair, she has a lot of really nice clothes, so I can kind of see that as a point. If she doesn't want to lose weight more than she wants to keep wearing those clothes, she's probably not at the point where she really wants to do it yet.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Healthy food is too expensive.
    It takes to much time to weigh and log food.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    If I get to a BMI of 24 I will look like a chicken. (Heard this week)
  • erinc5
    erinc5 Posts: 329 Member

This is one of my motivations to lose weight!
  • HG93022
    HG93022 Posts: 80 Member
    I will look older if I lose weight.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member

Haha I've actually caught myself saying silly stuff like that. I've lost 15 lbs and I'm getting to the point that almost none of my pants are fitting me...and I have so many pairs! Replacing them for smaller versions is going to be so expensive...
  • SaleemahR
    SaleemahR Posts: 32 Member
    I'm not fat, I'm voluptuous. As if saying it in a fancier way makes it less true.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    My weight scale is broken, I need to wait until I buy a new one.
  • cbelc2
    cbelc2 Posts: 762 Member
    I can't lose weight because of my:: knees, back, feet, family, medicines, neighborhood. Twinkies are cheaper than apples. Healthy food tastes like cardboard. Being on a diet feels like punishment. I'm healthy fat, so I don't need to lose weight. My labs are fine! My all time favorite: I'm a picky eater. That usually means the person doesn't like vegetables.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    murp4069 wrote: »

Haha I've actually caught myself saying silly stuff like that. I've lost 15 lbs and I'm getting to the point that almost none of my pants are fitting me...and I have so many pairs! Replacing them for smaller versions is going to be so expensive...

I hit the thrift stores as I need new jeans - since I still have a ways to go. It helps break the cost up. I'd rather spend $5 on a gently used pair of jeans I will wear for 6-9 weeks than buy brand new.

My fiance used to say that he gets light headed and dizzy, so he couldn't work out.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    'id rather be fat and happy than thin and hungry'

i might have actually used that one myself ;)

i was sooooooooooo wrong. and im not hungry :P
  • Kelceybyers
    Kelceybyers Posts: 56 Member
    My grandmother once told me "Why die for a smaller casket?" Of course my grandmother was one of "those people" who could eat whatever she wanted and not gain a pound. :)
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    There's a special occasion coming up, like the third Friday of the month, and I want to enjoy eating for that occasion before I start my diet.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    murp4069 wrote: »

I hit the thrift stores as I need new jeans - since I still have a ways to go. It helps break the cost up. I'd rather spend $5 on a gently used pair of jeans I will wear for 6-9 weeks than buy brand new.

My fiance used to say that he gets light headed and dizzy, so he couldn't work out.

Currently I'm just waiting it out until my pants just fall off me to buy any new pairs, and at that point I'll buy only a few until I hit my goal. My problem is work pants for the office, I've had a harder time finding used pairs that are in good shape and that fit my inseam (I have a very long inseam for my height). On the weekends I've been living in leggings to avoid having to wear jeans that don't fit or buy new ones lol.

My BF always has an excuse for not working out, and usually it's total BS - headache, dizzy, nauseous, stubbed toe, it's took dark/light outside, it's too hot/cold, it's[insert any day of week here], etc. Eventually I stopped inviting him on my nightly walks and trips to the gym on the weekend.
  • runningalice
    runningalice Posts: 71 Member
    My friends favourite is oh well ive had a bad start may as well start next week. So she missed boxersice on a tuesday and even though she could have gone on Thursday doesnt want to start that close to the end of the week so waits until the next Tuesday! This cycle repeats then complains that she cant find time to excerise
  • sadie651986
    sadie651986 Posts: 13 Member
    There's a special occasion coming up, like the third Friday of the month, and I want to enjoy eating for that occasion before I start my diet.

OMG! My mom uses that excuse ALL the time! Even with the threat of diabetes she doesn't seem to feel an urgency to take better care of herself!
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    I just believed that it was impossible, which made it impossible. Once I believed that I could do it, I was able to lose the weight.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    My friend watching me eat potato chips at a party: ugh I wish I had you metabolism.
    Me: I don't eat like this every day. I count calories and I knew I was coming to this party so I've been saving calories every day this week so I can enjoy myself here.
    Friend: you do all that?! I'd rather stay fat.