Funny excuses for not losing weight or dieting

Replies

• peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    My body just naturally holds onto calories.
  • louann_jude
    louann_jude Posts: 307 Member
    I stay fat so I dont cheat on my husband.

I find that ridiculous because if you love him you wont cheat.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    "I've tried everything and nothing works!"
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    "I'm an adult, I can eat that <insert food like ice cream> if I want." (It would be ok if it wouldn't knowingly be blowing my macros)
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    edited February 2016
    "The kids don't like anything but junk food. Maybe when they're grown up..."

Umm... if you don't give your kids McDonalds, they won't eat McDonalds, will they? And just because they eat junk doesn't mean you have to, does it? Maybe I just don't get it because I don't have kids?
  • skydiveD30571
    skydiveD30571 Posts: 281 Member
    I love how big my boobs have gotten and the attention it brings me. From female friends of course.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Just the other day someone was on this forum complaining that losing weight caused their wrinkles to be more visible.
  • davis978
    davis978 Posts: 103 Member
    HG93022 wrote: »
    I will look older if I lose weight.

I look a lot older since I reached my goal weight - it's like I put on 10 years overnight. I'm not going to use that as an excuse to be overweight, but it is absolutely true for some people.
  • getsweaty123go
    getsweaty123go Posts: 53 Member
    "I don't have an hour glass figure, I have an hour-and-a-half b*tches!"
    (because that's a good thing).. :D
  • samwiserabbit
    samwiserabbit Posts: 153 Member
    edited February 2016

Umm... if you don't give your kids McDonalds, they won't eat McDonalds, will they? And just because they eat junk doesn't mean you have to, does it? Maybe I just don't get it because I don't have kids?

Your reaction is probably partly because you don't have kids. As long as my son's intake was 100% under my control, he ate well, but once he went to school, over friends' houses, etc., he developed a taste for food I'm less happy with. As a parent, it takes energy to hold firm, prepare only wholesome meals, endure the complaining or (worse, imo) polite declarations of distaste for the food I lovingly prepared. They have this amazing power to eat nothing until the food they want becomes available. Tracking intake and sticking to wholesome grownup foods is harder with kids in the house.

On the other hand, it is a surmountable problem, if a person really wants to get healthier.

Some excuses I've used:

I'm too tired. (duh, I'd be less sluggish if I worked out.)
    Healthy food is too expensive. (This is totes true, especially when I don't have/want to spend time prepping food from scratch.)
    It's too cold in the house to change into workout clothes.
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    My grandmother once told me "Why die for a smaller casket?" Of course my grandmother was one of "those people" who could eat whatever she wanted and not gain a pound. :)

UGH! My hubs and son are THOSE people...

The one I heard recently "It's inevitable, all the women in my family are heavy. Why fight it?"

Cool. Genetics are to blame. Pass the Godiva.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member

Your reaction is probably partly because you don't have kids. As long as my son's intake was 100% under my control, he ate well, but once he went to school, over friends' houses, etc., he developed a taste for food I'm less happy with. As a parent, it takes energy to hold firm, prepare only wholesome meals, endure the complaining or (worse, imo) polite declarations of distaste for the food I lovingly prepared. They have this amazing power to eat nothing until the food they want becomes available. Tracking intake and sticking to wholesome grownup foods is harder with kids in the house.

On the other hand, it is a surmountable problem, if a person really wants to get healthier.

i have a 17 year old and 9 year old.

they eat much more 'junk' food than i do.

its an excuse.
  • getsweaty123go
    I love how big my boobs have gotten and the attention it brings me. From female friends of course.

some men seem to love big boobs and curves. Mine used to strangle me they were so massive. My ex used to not want me to lose weight and would sulk any time I worked out.. my brother also likes girls to be on the 'curvier' side so I know it's real- and he is really small! When you are with someone who wants you like that for whatever reason it is harder for sure. I lost about 35lb within 6 months of leaving my ex a couple years back :-)
  • getsweaty123go
    davis978 wrote: »
    HG93022 wrote: »
    I will look older if I lose weight.

I look a lot older since I reached my goal weight - it's like I put on 10 years overnight. I'm not going to use that as an excuse to be overweight, but it is absolutely true for some people.

Me too!! Must be our age range.. I think being heavier just provided the natural fillers that people start getting injected at this age..
  • ftrobbie
    ftrobbie Posts: 1,017 Member
    I am not overweight just underheight
    I am not that overweight, I just have big bones
    It gives <significant other> something to cuddle
    Why would I want to live longer and be miserable?
    I barely eat anything now, I just don't understand why I weigh so much (as their hand disappears into the cookie jar again!!)
    No diets work, every time I end up fatter

Although I have used the "I'd prefer to be fat and happy rather than skinny and miserable" myself. I know that is not true now. :)
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    I find that behind all of the excuses is just plain old ignorance. For real... people are afraid of what they don't know so they come up with every excuse in the book. People truly don't know much when it comes to nutrition. Not unless they've been in the game for a while. For example, I was talking to a couple of co-workers about carbs and I mentioned that there are carbs in just about everything. One of them was shocked... and simply couldn't believe that there were carbs in vegetables!
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member

Just because it is there doesn't mean you have to eat it. Sure, it would be easier just to have it out of the house. But I don't live alone. My daughter has Oreos and peanut butter crackers at the moment. They are hers. I'm not eating them. Spouse has potato chips, chocolates, etc. Lots of junkier stuff comes in my house.
  • qb63
    qb63 Posts: 88 Member
    I stay fat so I dont cheat on my husband.

Okay, let's assume for a moment, as ridiculous as it is, that infidelity is a given, which of course is totally insane. Then wouldn't you want to look better so HE doesn't cheat on YOU? Hmmm....
  • dolliesdaughter
    dolliesdaughter Posts: 544 Member
    I not want loose saggy skin. Um, ok not everyone who loses weight has loose saggy skin, but ok.
  • lemonychild
    lemonychild Posts: 654 Member
    I don't even know why I'm fat, I hardly eat