I'm in love with Costco!

Options
Anyone else? What are some HEALTHY items you purchase there? I always look for the green organic signs when I'm shopping there!

Replies

• missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Yes!! I <3 Costco!! We like their french cut green beans, they have great organic frozen broccoli florets, and they always have great looking fruits, at least where I am. I also cannot live without their Sumatra coffee beans, the English Coastal Cheddar, or their frozen baguettes (actually made in France!).
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    "Healthy" is relative.
    I shop there, and these are some of the things I buy:

Ground butterball turkey
    Chicken breast
    Salmon
    Sirloin steak
    Trout
    Skinny Pop
    Fiber one bars
    Dark chocolate covered cherries
    Light & Fit Greek yogurt
    Water
    Broccoli (I do like the organic bag and it's not too expensive)
    Pasta
    Tomato sauce
    Nuts
    Jimmy deans delights
    Perdue buffalo wings (these are amazing!!)
    Columbus roasted turkey breast (deli meat)
    Hummus
    Goat cheese
    Cheese in general
    Man I really want some cheese now.
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Here are some of my staples:

Oatmeal
    Chicken (the six-packs)
    Raw almonds (I buy in bulk and then partition into individual servings)
    Canned beans
    Protein/snack bars - Pure Protein, Oh Yeah, Kashi, Zone, Premier Protein
    Greek yogurt (the Kirkland brand two-packs)
  • nomoyoyoing
    nomoyoyoing Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Those are all great! I will need to buy some chicken next time I'm there. My latest find is the Organic hard boiled peeled eggs! They're inexpensive and perfectly boiled! And you don't have to burn your fingers peeling them because they're already peeled. Win-win!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Every time I walk into Costco my heart races because I get soooo excited. Yes Costco is an addiction for me! I love their seafood, produce, samples. Just everything!
  • Brelynn
    Brelynn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I used to always buy a spicy yogurt dip there, but they don't seem to carry it any more. I can not remember the brand. Has any one tried this? Would love to know what the brand was and if any other stores carry it.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Oh their organic salsa is really good too!
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I like their products but the shopping experience is terrible. Long lines, chaotic parking lot, uncoordinated shoppers.... I always wish I had a Valium on me.

They always move products around too so you have to walk down every aisle to find the 72 oz. Chex mix from the last time you were there.

One time I went right when they opened, thinking I would outsmart the plebeians, and did all my shopping in 10 min.... and there was already long lines!

Costco would be pretty sweet without the people.
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Brelynn wrote: »
    I used to always buy a spicy yogurt dip there, but they don't seem to carry it any more. I can not remember the brand. Has any one tried this? Would love to know what the brand was and if any other stores carry it.

I know what you're talking about!! I can't remember the brand either but it was amazing.

ETA: I think it was this http://www.skotidakis.com/products/dips/65-jalapeno.html
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Edemame pasta (24g protein, 11g fiber per serving)!!!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, Greek yogurt, frozen fruits, vegetables are my mains. You get a 6 pack of egg whites for $8 which is basically the cost for 2 at a general store.
  • nomoyoyoing
    Options
    cathipa wrote: »

I haven't tried that yet. Do you add marinara to it?
  • nomoyoyoing
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »
    Every time I walk into Costco my heart races because I get soooo excited. Yes Costco is an addiction for me! I love their seafood, produce, samples. Just everything!

I completely understand. I have to drive far to the closest Costco but that 10-pound bag of carrots is soooo worth it!
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Two and a half POUNDS of fresh baby spinach for just under five bucks. (and every once in a while, for $2.50) I use it as the base for my salads, so yes I can eat the whole thing before it goes bad...OK so the last two salads, I'm picking out a few "wilty" leaves as I put them on the plate. But really, I can't bring myself to buy those little 8oz baggies of spinach from the normal grocery store any more. Even if I were to only get half way through, it's a cost savings.
  • nomoyoyoing
    Options
    kuroshii wrote: »
    Two and a half POUNDS of fresh baby spinach for just under five bucks. (and every once in a while, for $2.50) I use it as the base for my salads, so yes I can eat the whole thing before it goes bad...OK so the last two salads, I'm picking out a few "wilty" leaves as I put them on the plate. But really, I can't bring myself to buy those little 8oz baggies of spinach from the normal grocery store any more. Even if I were to only get half way through, it's a cost savings.

I agree! I buy the big spinach too, even though I freeze when I go into the freezer room! I use the spinach for juicing. I'm impressed you eat it all in salads!
    #popeye
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Options

Use it as you would with pasta. Its more chewy and the texture is different. I added tomato sauce and chicken topped with cheese...delicious!
  • natalialikescookies
    Options

Use it as you would with pasta. Its more chewy and the texture is different. I added tomato sauce and chicken topped with cheese...delicious!

I love love love the edamame pasta!
    I'm sensitive to grains and this is the closest thing to real pasta that I've found! And you can't beat 11g fiber and over 20g of protein !

I'm in Hawaii and get most of my groceries at Costco. Even though we don't have half of the stuff that I've read about in this post lol

I always always buy their spinach or romaine, broccoli and their berries. I also love their 6.5lbs bag of individually frozen chicken breast. Super convenient.
    I also buy most of my dairy (milk, eggs, cream, cheese etc) and really just about all of my meat/fish there.

I ❤️ Costco!
  • kuroshii
    kuroshii Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I agree! I buy the big spinach too, even though I freeze when I go into the freezer room! I use the spinach for juicing. I'm impressed you eat it all in salads!
    #popeye

Yeah that room (I think of it as the veggie room!) is something else. I zoom in spot the right pallet grab my bag and zoom back out!

It takes a little over two weeks of eating a meal-sized salad almost every day, which I like doing when I work from home, to get near the bottom of the bag. I mix up what goes on top from one day to the next, so only the spinach base stays the same. YUM.

• ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options

I want to look for this next time! How does it compare, calorie wise, to regular pasta?
  • kristen_wino
    kristen_wino Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have a coscto right around the corner. I buy organic spinach & organic spring mix. Also the large trays of whole mushroom. Refrigerated bag broccoli. Cottage cheese 2pk. And as of today... The 3 kg box of frozen chicken breast for $22.00. I was buying pre sliced/cooked chicken for salads, but sodium content & price was high. I would love to buy fresh for my lunches, but it's expensive. The frozen chkn is much lower in sodium& the price is great. I do buy fresh chkn breast for dinners. I Love Costco.!!!!