Confession Time

Options

Replies

• mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    For my anniversary last night, I decided not to count calories....on the way home from our baseball game, we passed a crispy kreme shop....yes, we stopped and had a creme filled donut! Yummmm....luckily I got up and ran 4 miles this a.m.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Ok so I think this post was some kind of message, I purged for the first time in my life today (Please don't judge) I know it was stupid. and I don't plan on doing it again.

Oh wow. I've come very close to purging, but could never bring myself to do it. I didn't want to hold on to that kind of secret.. Because I would have definitely kept it a secret, even from all my MFP pals. I guess, starving myself for days after a binge wasn't too smart either though. I'm so sorry you went through this today! You can talk to me whenever you like, if you need someone to talk to. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I have thoroughly enjoyed the rice krispy treats that we made.. I try and tell myself "You used low sugar, gluten free rice krispies or whatever" but at the end of the day... I don't need to be eating them.

But. Dang. They are DELICIOUS.

I will be needing that recipe for my next confession, please.

LOL.

I used the recipe on the back of the krispy box - nothing fancy.

I did buy gluten free rice krispy's. They only have 3 g of sugar and 120 calories in a serving (this is me trying to justify how many I've eaten, okay? lol) which is better than regular krispies. I used plain ole marshmellows (I've used cinnamon ones before and it was DELICIOUS!).

I believe the recipe is:

3tbs margarine or butter (margarine tastes better in these)
    10 oz package of regular marshmallows OR 4 cups minis
    6 cups Krispy cereal (I only use real krispy cereal)

Melt the butter, add marshmallows. Once they are melted, take it off the heat - add cereal. Stir like crazy (hey.. I burn calories doing that!). Spread into pan (pre-grease this or they'll stick!). Cool (or don't... I like 'em warm!) and eat.

YUM.
  • sandra4444
    sandra4444 Posts: 10
    Options
    funkyspunky871 - I think you have to start forgiving yourself a bit more. I see that you have made great progress in your weight loss. You definitely know what you're doing, so now take it easy on yourself. You're talking about not eating and then bingeing - are you just joking or is that serious? Take it easy on yourself. This site helps us track our food intake, etc., but I don't think it's healthy to obsess about these things. It's about being mindful, not obsessive. Continued healthy success to you.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    funkyspunky871 - I think you have to start forgiving yourself a bit more. I see that you have made great progress in your weight loss. You definitely know what you're doing, so now take it easy on yourself. You're talking about not eating and then bingeing - are you just joking or is that serious? Take it easy on yourself. This site helps us track our food intake, etc., but I don't think it's healthy to obsess about these things. It's about being mindful, not obsessive. Continued healthy success to you.

Thanks for your concern. :) Things have been going pretty okay lately though. I think I'm coming to terms with my ED and have only had a few bad thoughts this past week.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    1. Whenever people use GF anything my heart gets all hopeful that soon there will be lots of GF alternatives and some may even be delicious.

2. I made guac today, and checked to see if I could afford to eat the entire bag of chips and the guac as my daily caloric intake. Hint, the 14 servings of chip went over my 1,200 calories by about 800 cals. I didn't do it. I did however eat like 3 spoonfulls of the delciousness and didn't bother to log it. (eh, it's mostly a win)

3. I ran harder than my knee could handle today...and in doing so aggravated an old ankle injury. I'm feeling it to night...

4. I skipped crunches/panks/push-up part of my exercise... :(
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    1.) "Dinner" mostly consisted of alcohol today.

2.) I've been tempted more than once since hitting my plateau to abuse my Adderal script.

3.) If I'm not already ovulating, I wear a drop of pheromone supplement to the gym. I'm an amateur evolutionary psychology nut and the extra male attention it affords me makes me push myself that much harder. Poor gym rats have no clue what hit them but they keep eye raping.

4.) I wish I could purge, but decided that training myself to suppress my gag reflex is SO much more beneficial in other areas of my life. I'm still jealous of those that can purge.
  • Froggy1976
    Froggy1976 Posts: 472
    Options
    Moscato...that is all.
  • melibea
    melibea Posts: 228
    Options
    My confession... Today I ate pizza, nachos with cheese AND a vanilla-Oreo twisted frosty from Wendy's. I stayed within my calorie limits, needless to say I didn't have room for any real actual meals. I was on a date tonight, I don't get how my skinny boyfriend can eat like he does and stay so small. He doesn't even exercise :/
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I had a rolo mcflurry- it was glorious!... Rolo used to be one of my favorite candies when i was younger. I'm not much of a candy person now/ or even a "need to have sweets" But a girl at work told me about it and i fiened for it ever since.... And after seeing how many USELESS calories it was, it will be a long time before i do that again!
    Oh man, oh man. I was so excited for that McFlurry... tried it (snack size) and was so glad it was a snack size. I didn't like it! The caramel sauce they use made me feel all sugary and weird. HOWEVER, if you're going to indulge.. at least get a 1.00 hot fudge sundae and ask for the "Reese's (or M&M or Butterfinger or Rolo [hehe]) topping" and it's only 1.29! Much better for the wallet, and the portion size is smaller than the snack size I'm pretty sure!

MY CONFESSION?
    I had a perfectly portioned serving of Ben & Jerry's tonight, and after watching Arrested Development for too long, I zombie-like grabbed the carton from the freezer and ate while watching..!! Ack! After 20 minutes I had like 4 bites left in the container! :noway:
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    1. I started losing weight because of a man... a MAN! How ridiculous right?

2. I often eat cake for dinner. Or fantasise about eating cake for dinner. And feel guilty about eating cake for dinner.

3. I think about food allllllll day and have started to neglect my job because of it.
  • Vendetta2300
    Options
    I have not been able to study for my two upcoming exams (tomorrow!!), because I have been so busy thinking about how I can squeeze more cheese into my calorie allowance. Needless to say, it's almost impossible, as I already eat waaaay too much for my own good... :noway:
  • iStace2000
    iStace2000 Posts: 42
    Options
    It's Sunday here in New Zealand. This weekend I have managed to stay within my calorie BUT, I did drink half a bottle of Champagne and then a shot of tequila today and I ate a KFC burger and fries for lunch yesterday. Needless to say; I find staying in control during the weekends difficult.
  • hbrekkaas
    hbrekkaas Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'll confess...today if fathers Day and I plan on eating cheesies, and eating Boston Pizza tonight, and I do not plan on logging any of it.
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    If I eat something in the middle of the night I don't log it and call it eat-walking lol
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I have no guilt in the foods i choose to eat. I'm not on a diet. I eat a healthy diet. There is a huge difference and i'm not deprived at all. Good Luck.
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have no guilt in the foods i choose to eat. I'm not on a diet. I eat a healthy diet. There is a huge difference and i'm not deprived at all. Good Luck.

Congratulations, Wildon! Anything else you would like to confess about? We are not legalistic. Doesn't have to be food related. ;)
  • emfoley2
    emfoley2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    There is a fresh box of Cheez-Its snack mix in the pantry - that's a confession waiting to happen.

Why? Because I am the only member of my household a) under 6 feet tall and b) with a BMI over 20.
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Gummy bears.

That's all I have to say about that.
  • Vendetta2300
    Options
    I have just discovered the infinite pleasures of cheese coated cashews. Needless to say, I'll be over on calories today. It will so be worth it! :smokin: