Its HARDER at 45 yrs YOUNGER!!!!!

Options
Hello MFP....I'm 45 yrs young... And, I'm back at it after going 30lbs back (lost 72lbs in 2010)...stress and emotional eating is what I've been up to (smh)... But, I've decided to REFOCUS my thoughts and I'm going to stay POSITIVE!!! I PRAY YOU ALL are SUCCESSFUL!!!

Replies

• Endless_Journey
    Endless_Journey Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey I am 55 and have lost 115lbs so far. Remember age is just a number, life is not a rehearsal we only get one chance. So get out there and kick some *kitten*!!! You can do this, right
  • JusSlim
    JusSlim Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey I am 55 and have lost 115lbs so far. Remember age is just a number, life is not a rehearsal we only get one chance. So get out there and kick some *kitten*!!! You can do this, right

THANK YOU!!! LETS GO!!!
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    It's always harder at 45yrs younger.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I'm 52 and I find that my body is not as strong or as flexible as it was in my 20's or 30's. However, now that I'm older, I'm confident enough to undertake the work that is needed to lose the weight and to exercise regularly, I'm mature enough to accept the set-backs that are inevitable and I'm wise enough to say "No" to that second piece of birthday cake.

You lost 72 pounds in 2010. You know your body and you know what you need to do to lose the weight. All-in-all, I'd say that you got this.
  • drsb300
    drsb300 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm also 45. It's a wonderful age and yes definitely challenging in the "results" department. But we are here and doing it thank God!
  • _EPIC_
    _EPIC_ Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm not 45. But sometimes it is harder.
  • iangelab
    iangelab Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    46 and yes sometimes it feels that way, other times it doesn't..... I notice that my weight gain is different and yes my body is changing-but I also notice that I am wiser, more patient and learning to love myself more than I did in my 20's or 30's. I love my 40's and I hope each decade gets better and better.... I plan to stick with this, as a lifestyle change and not a diet-still working on that-finding that sweet spot. I am proud of myself though and I get that it might take longer but the harder work makes it that much sweeter. You got this! and if you have joined the 40's and fabulous group, go find us!
  • tcarrube
    tcarrube Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would love to join the 40's and fabulous group, and figure out how to add friends. Can anyone give me steps?
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 1/2 of my current body weight.
    Began on MFP @ age 60 on 3/12/12 and have kept it off for over 2 years.
    I don't think it is easy at any age. For many people, it depends on how focused and diligent you are.
    If I can do this, most anyone can.
  • JusSlim
    Options
    It's always harder at 45yrs younger.

FOR REAL!!!
  • JusSlim
    Options
    I have lost over 1/2 of my current body weight.
    Began on MFP @ age 60 on 3/12/12 and have kept it off for over 2 years.
    I don't think it is easy at any age. For many people, it depends on how focused and diligent you are.
    If I can do this, most anyone can.

AWESOME
  • JusSlim
    Options
    tcarrube wrote: »
    Hello, I would love to join the 40's and fabulous group, and figure out how to add friends. Can anyone give me steps?

Sorry, but this app is a lil difficult for me...
  • JusSlim
    Options
    iangelab wrote: »
    46 and yes sometimes it feels that way, other times it doesn't..... I notice that my weight gain is different and yes my body is changing-but I also notice that I am wiser, more patient and learning to love myself more than I did in my 20's or 30's. I love my 40's and I hope each decade gets better and better.... I plan to stick with this, as a lifestyle change and not a diet-still working on that-finding that sweet spot. I am proud of myself though and I get that it might take longer but the harder work makes it that much sweeter. You got this! and if you have joined the 40's and fabulous group, go find us!

THANK YOU
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    It's much harder 46 here
  • JusSlim
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    It's much harder 46 here

I think it has to do with hormone... LOL
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Im 45. From my perspective it's easier.

When I was in my 20's and lost weight I obviously did not learn any good skills to hep me to stay fit and at a healthy weight otherwise I would not be currently working on losing weight. I suspect that a large part of that is because 25 years ago we didn't have nearly the tools and information available to us today... for free.... because ya know... internet. Not to mention the ready availability of inexpensive kitchen scales which were hardly common in the 80's and 90's. Those tools make this really pretty simple.

Thanks to tools like MFP and the shared experiences of hundreds of people on this forum I think I have a lot better chance of success at 45 than had at 25.

The biggest obstacle you have to overcome today, is the one in your mind.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i wouldn't be able to compare whether it was easier or harder. see, i was obese when i was in my 20s and 30 and 40s. wasn't until I reached the age of 46 that i decided to lose all the weight. so for me, its only been EASIER! at 46+.
  • AdrianYoFit
    AdrianYoFit Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    46 in April started fitness at 38, now a fitness instructor, age is just a number as others have said .... good luck, you know you can do it :smile:
  • JusSlim
    Options
    46 in April started fitness at 38, now a fitness instructor, age is just a number as others have said .... good luck, you know you can do it :smile:

Thank You!
  • JusSlim
    Options
    besaro wrote: »
    i wouldn't be able to compare whether it was easier or harder. see, i was obese when i was in my 20s and 30 and 40s. wasn't until I reached the age of 46 that i decided to lose all the weight. so for me, its only been EASIER! at 46+.

AWESOME