Lost 45 pounds in 5 months!

Options
tamaramascarenas
tamaramascarenas Posts: 8 Member
edited February 2016 in Success Stories
I lost 30 lbs in the first 3 months and 15 lbs during the next 2. I walked/ jogged , used this app to track my food and I did zumba. I feel great and I've kept it off for 1 year now! I just keep moving and make healthy choices when I eat. Good luck to everyone. If I can do it and keep it off, so can you ! :) MY BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURE IS ABOUT 7 POSTS DOWN BELOW. IT TOOK SOME TIME TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO POST PIC.

Replies

• Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Cheers on your success! Thanks for sharing your story.
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    :) Congrats!
  • buttercup68110
    buttercup68110 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    that is awesome!!! i just started walking/ jogging two weeks ago and I am 13 pounds down. It was probably water weight but this is just the beginning.
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! What a wonderful accomplishment
  • Adamsa1969
    Adamsa1969 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Any strategies you would like to share? Did you use the treadmill or walked/jogged outside?
  • tamaramascarenas
    Options
    Valrotha wrote: »
    Cheers on your success! Thanks for sharing your story.

Thank you!
  • Turtle1104
    Turtle1104 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I've been working on my weight loss since Nov 17. I've lost nearly 25 lbs. Have you lost more since the last 15 or were you at your goal?
  • tamaramascarenas
    Options
    Adamsa1969 wrote: »
    Any strategies you would like to share? Did you use the treadmill or walked/jogged outside?

I put my 2 yr old in the stroller and my 6 yr old on his bike and we just took off. I walked and eventually started to do a little jogging. If I got outside I was more likely to get going. We did neighborhood and trails. Zumba was key. The pounds melted off. I used our wii u in the living room. I still enjoy it to keep tone :)
  • tamaramascarenas
    Options
    Turtle1104 wrote: »
    Congratulations! I've been working on my weight loss since Nov 17. I've lost nearly 25 lbs. Have you lost more since the last 15 or were you at your goal?

Thank you. I met my goal but last week I decided to lose 10 more for the beaches this summer ;) my husband says no but 10 more would ideally be my ultimate goal. Congrats to you too!
  • tamaramascarenas
    Options
    bmsmqzlx18el.jpg
    I lost 30 lbs in the first 3 months and 15 lbs during the next 2. I walked/ jogged , used this app to track my food and I did zumba. I feel great and I've kept it off for 1 year now! I just keep moving and make healthy choices when I eat. Good luck to everyone. If I can do it and keep it off, so can you ! :) I would post a before and after but I don't know how :/ sorry.

85355 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Looking good lass!
  • 2snakeswoman
    2snakeswoman Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    That is fabulous and gives me hope.
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You look fabulous!
  • BeachyBottoms
    BeachyBottoms Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the inspiration. I've lost almost 4 lbs since Feb 1st. You look great BTW.
  • AidaF430
    AidaF430 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You look great, OP!! Congratulations on the weight loss and maintenance. Btw, love your smile. :smiley:
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and I love your hair. Well done!
  • GoJohnGo71
    GoJohnGo71 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Good job. You look happy.
  • mkannan1411
    mkannan1411 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    wov. looking great...this will inspire us :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!