560lbs - LONG WAY TO GO - Who has my back?

Options

Replies

• climbingup
    climbingup Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Days? - 10 Days Down
    Has it been perfect? NO
    Describe your "days" in 2 words - HUGE SUCCESS!
    Am I determined- YES
    Will I quit - NO
    Hardest Part - 1hr commute (each way) to work
    Easiest Part - Cutting out Pop, nothing to it for me.
    Do I feel better - ABSOLUTLY
    Support- My Wonderful Wife, Children, Parents, Church Family and Last but not least MFP Partners :smile:
    Where am I- I'm on the journey - Pumped Up - Hungry - Determined - Sick and tired of being fat and tired! :)
    Where am I going - Going to ride go carts with my kids - Going to ride Rollercoasters with my kids - Live Long!!
  • Remoth
    Remoth Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Sounds great climbingup. You've definitely got the right attitude. just because you aren't perfect doesn't mean that every little change you make to the life that made you the way you are today isn't a step in the right direction! Even if you change one little thing a week, eventually all those little things add up to create a whole new you! Keep it up!
  • supersparklyk
    supersparklyk Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Love reading your posts on here. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm excited for your success!
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    How's it going climbing up?
  • climbingup
    Options
    2 weeks in... This weekend was great! LOTS of walking on Saturday and a jam packed busy Friday. I've held strong.. Learning to adapt. I did eat my first red meat in 2 weeks but I'm still holding strong on the pop. I'm going to hit the scale in the morning and believe it will tell me my weight. I've had a person that did not know I've been eating healthy and excersicing ask me if I've lost weight, so that was GREAT! I'll post more tomorrow! Goodnight MFP!
  • Remoth
    Remoth Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    How's it going bud? Sounds like you had a great weekend! Always feels good when others notice the difference you've made in yourself!
  • climbingup
    Options
    Going good. Working on expanding my foods. Picked up a bunch of Tuna, chicken and veggies. - I can handle salads, wraps and I'm really not picky so its just about breaking the old habits and starting new ones. Reading more labels when grocery shopping and planning meals ahead of time. I'm just learning and getting started but its going good - I'm actually enjoying it. I'm still a newbie - But this is for the long haul!! :smile: Oh yeah!
  • beccaawalsh
    beccaawalsh Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Fair play!! Keep up the good work!
  • MercyOxendine
    MercyOxendine Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    climbingup wrote: »
    Going good. Working on expanding my foods. Picked up a bunch of Tuna, chicken and veggies. - I can handle salads, wraps and I'm really not picky so its just about breaking the old habits and starting new ones. Reading more labels when grocery shopping and planning meals ahead of time. I'm just learning and getting started but its going good - I'm actually enjoying it. I'm still a newbie - But this is for the long haul!! :smile: Oh yeah!

You have an awesome plan, keep it up you are doing great!
  • runiechica
    runiechica Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You can do this!! Each small step gets you closer!!
  • nlkratzner
    nlkratzner Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am happy to see all the support on here. I have also started my very similar journey. We can do this!!
  • agbmom556
    agbmom556 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new journey.
    set weekly goals to eliminate some of the junk food and replace it with healthier choices.
    One of my favorites is greek yogurt with raspberries and 1 tsp of splenda/sugar. It has lots of protein and fiber plus it helps my sweet tooth. :)
    Do not get overwhelmed with changing everything at once. Take it step by step.
    sending you a friend request.
  • chuckyjean
    chuckyjean Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Baby steps, you will get and just think how much easier it will be to walk and to breathe
  • chuckyjean
    chuckyjean Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I lost 275 pounds (410 to 135) using Weight Watchers... and went on to completely transform in other areas of my life (leaving a Mennonite group)- just sharing to let you know hard things CAN be done, I am living proof!

Wow that is fantastic
  • climbingup
    Options
    3 weeks in! - 15lbs down!! There have been ups and downs... I've only cheated a little (I ate a small piece of B-day cake on my daughters 8yr Bday... But I did not eat 2 or 3 pieces with Ice Cream :-) . I have only ate red meat 1 time in 3 weeks. I've ate only chicken and fish, no pork AND I LOVE PORK. I have only drank about 36 oz of pop in 3 weeks. Lots of salad, grilled chicken, baked chicken, roasted chicken, baked fish, Tuna, eggs, fresh bananas, nonfat Greek yogurt. Overall it hasn't been that hard. There have been VERY hard Moments, and a couple VERY hard Days. But I'm so ready to do this! My shirts are fitting looser and moved a notch in my belt, I feel better! My left ankle had TONS of swelling and it is almost down to the normal size of that my right ankle is. I'm not being tempted with unhealthy stuff as much as I was, I honestly think about things and quantity of items I have ate over the last 8+years and could really be hard on myself, almost sickening how we treat our bodies! I've never drank ANY alcohol or done ANY drugs but I've been hard on my body other ways. I've always been a happy person, I'm settled with who I am, I've never struggled with depression and don't worry about what other people think, but that all plays into the Fat and Happy lifestyle. I don't dwell on the past... make better decisions going forward, Live Long, Live Healthy, Live Happy!
  • JennAngel001
    JennAngel001 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! 15lbs is amazing! So glad you were able to enjoy a piece of birthday cake without over doing it and feeling guilty about it!
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    This is sounding like such a positive thread. How are you going at the moment? :smile:
  • Bmoy87
    Bmoy87 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am currently 313 pounds, down from 437 pounds in 1 year (124 total loss so far). Feel free to add me on here. I log my food 6 days a week and wear my fitbit religiously.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Another inspiring person (MFP moderator now) is Ed Davenport..also lost tremendous amount of weight on his own. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/user/CyberEd312/profile/CyberEd312?target=&redirected=true

Good luck in your journey....hardest step was the first one. One day, one pound, one step at a time.

3l0frqk7l4yn.png
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    climbingup wrote: »
    3 weeks in! - 15lbs down!! There have been ups and downs... I've only cheated a little (I ate a small piece of B-day cake on my daughters 8yr Bday... But I did not eat 2 or 3 pieces with Ice Cream :-) . I have only ate red meat 1 time in 3 weeks. I've ate only chicken and fish, no pork AND I LOVE PORK. I have only drank about 36 oz of pop in 3 weeks. Lots of salad, grilled chicken, baked chicken, roasted chicken, baked fish, Tuna, eggs, fresh bananas, nonfat Greek yogurt. Overall it hasn't been that hard. There have been VERY hard Moments, and a couple VERY hard Days. But I'm so ready to do this! My shirts are fitting looser and moved a notch in my belt, I feel better! My left ankle had TONS of swelling and it is almost down to the normal size of that my right ankle is. I'm not being tempted with unhealthy stuff as much as I was, I honestly think about things and quantity of items I have ate over the last 8+years and could really be hard on myself, almost sickening how we treat our bodies! I've never drank ANY alcohol or done ANY drugs but I've been hard on my body other ways. I've always been a happy person, I'm settled with who I am, I've never struggled with depression and don't worry about what other people think, but that all plays into the Fat and Happy lifestyle. I don't dwell on the past... make better decisions going forward, Live Long, Live Healthy, Live Happy!

15lbs in 3 weeks?!!? I can't even lose 15oz in 3 months. Sounds like you're well on your way to a beach body competition by summer. Congrats.