are you about 5'5'' what's your goal? any before/after?

Options

Replies

• EmsyLou77
    EmsyLou77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    it really depends on how you look now. i'm 5'4" (179lbs) and my goal is 140-145. however i'll stop losing early if i don't like how i look smaller. it depends. personally i'm concerned about lookin like a prepubescent boy with boobs. i like my curves and don't want to lose ALL of them :-)

if you like the way your body looks now stay where you are.

You speak a lot of sense. I am probably guilty of wanting to get down to a "round number" (126lbs = 9 stone exactly) just for the sake of it rather than thinking about when I actually look my best. I need to see how I go over the next few lbs lost and stop when it looks right! I'm sure a lot of people do the same - 125lbs is a nice neat number too!
  • Nan_
    Nan_ Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6", 53 years old, and currently at 124 (6 pounds below my goal weight). I don't think I look unhealthy. I need more muscle though, but I am recovering from a back injury so wasn't able to lift weights for awhile.
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Wow, I was really surprised to see so many 125 goals and it got me thinking that perhaps I needed to have the same goal. My goal is to get to 140-150 and hover in that range. I think anything less than 140 will not look right on me personally. Maybe it just depends on your frame/build. I have a somewhat thick frame.
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5'5.5" and have gone from about 155 to 142 and above 26% to about 22% body fat. You can see my before/current in my profile pic. I am shooting for 19% BF and around 135 lbs.
  • msmandyjo
    msmandyjo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" I have my goal set at 135, but at my thinnest, I weighed 132 and looked sick but wore a size 2. I've had 2 kids since then, so I don't know what is 100% realistic for me, I mainly just want to look good, feel comfortable in my own skin and be healthy. 125 would not be good for me, but it might be good for you. It's all in how you feel about yourself.
  • music_lover_103
    Options
    i'm 5'6" and shooting for 120...i'm around 127 right now, and my thighs are still a bit bigger than i want them to be.

on a lot of people, my goal weight would look too thin, but i have a small frame, so it looks healthy/slender on me.
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal is between 120 to 125, but after sseing your pictures I think that 130 might be just what I'm looking for lol. Could you add me as a friend? Thanks
    I'm 5'5 and currently 134.5, and at goal, but thinking 130 by the end of summer would be alright.

Just keep in mind that the scale isn't the be-all, end-all. I'm the same size at 135-ish as I was at 125 years ago. I just look better now, since I have more muscle. Compare photos side by side if you're having a hard time seeing changes in the mirror.

From last summer to this summer:
    beforeduringduringafter.jpg

From 12 years ago to now. I'm wearing the same size, but I look healthier and stronger now:
    12yearscopy.jpg

What strikes me as funny is how PALE I was in 1999! And that's after driving a convertible all summer! I don't have a tan now. I use sunscreen religiously. I just have healthy glow.
  • girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    I'm 5'5'', and had my goal set at 130 (met at end of year). Since then, with high mileage training, I got to 126 and really like how I looked. Post marathon, I've put a couple of pounds back on and would like to get back to 128-129. I have the most definition at that point, and yes I see a difference between 132 and 129. I'm at work so I don't have my b/a, but in my profile pics, me in the red sports bra is a close before, me in my "nice clothes" is an after (as is my profile pic, but that isn't a great shot).
  • abullock
    abullock Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have always heard a very general rule of thumb is 5 foot = 100 lbs, then add 5lbs for every inch. So 5'5 = 125. This is very generalized and will of course vary with bone structure, age, etc. but it is a good place to start.
  • Lyndom
    Lyndom Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5'' and aged 40. My goal is 135lbs, anything under that & my face looks too gaunt & it doesn't suit my frame either - big boobs, small waist.

I think as you get older losing too much weight from your face can make you look older rather than younger.

At that weight I'm a european size 10, which is a US size 6( I think).
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'5" - my goal on MFP is 135 but I am currently hovering around 147-150 (my body seems very happy at this weight - not me so much :grumble: ).

I think it really depends on your frame and muscle mass/body fat percentage that you're comfortable with. I'm quite muscular but I also want to decrease my body fat about 5-8% so I know I can safely (but not easily!) lose those last 10-15 pounds.
  • Ariyasnow1
    Ariyasnow1 Posts: 117
    Options
    5'5" and I'm currently maintaining a weight range of 114 lb - 116 lb.
    I realized through my weight lost journey that it is not all about 'weight'. My goal is wanting, well a toned body of course, but also to eat healthy and be active and in getting there I'm now at this weight.

I also read somewhere that the healthy BMI weight range for a 5'5' female is 114 – 150? I’m curious if this is true, but then again I say just be at a weight where you feel comfortable, fit, and healthy.
  • bjlovesjb
    bjlovesjb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    IT'S SO FUNNY TO ME THAT I SAW YOUR POST TODAY! MY HUSBAND AND I WERE JUST FIGHTING ABOUT THIS YESTERDAY.
    I'M 5'5 AND MY GOAL IS ALSO 125 AND MY HUSBAND SAYS NO WAY, YOU WILL LOOK TOO SKINNY, BUT IT'S IN OUR HEALTHY WEIGHT RANGE SO I DON'T SEE ANY HARM IN IT! I'M CURRENTY 140 SO WE WILL SEE WHAT I LOOK LIKE WHEN I GET A LITTLE BIT CLOSER. GOOD LUCK THOUGH!
  • Lovelystrumpet
    Options
    I'm 5''4 and want to be 120lbs, this would still be a healthy BMI and a healthy weight, so as long as you can know when to stop and are happy with carrying on losing weight I wouldn't say there's anything wrong with a goal weight of 125lbs. The main thing is to be happy in yourself.

Good luck :)
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'5" and I'm making my goal 120 (currently at 132). It may be a bit low since I'm building muscle and thus gaining weight but I'm making my firm goal to lose an inch off my hips rather than judge by a scale. Oh, and it's hips because my waist is small already but I have a *ahem* very large booty.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I really think it depends on your body structure. I am 5"5 1/2 and currently 128. My original goal was 125, but once i hit 128 my husband told it was enough I was verging on too skinny. So I am working on maintaining 128. My body frame is on the smaller side of a medium build......I am by no means pettite but I have smaller wrists and ankles.
    I would lose until you feel comfortabel with where you are. Muscle is another key element to looking and feeling your best. So hit the gym and eat well!!!
    Good luck!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5", my starting weight was about 155, though I don't know exactly as I don't own scales. Last time I weighed myself I was 137lbs. My goal is 130lbs. I have a small build but a lot of muscle.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5"- I hit that height in 8th grade and have weighed everywhere from 115 to 152 in that time...My GW is 130 because that is the weight I remember being happiest at without begin hungry! I think 125 is a good goal- I have a thicker frame with some curves that I would like to hang onto so that's why my goal is around 130. When I was 116 (high school) looking back I can tell I was too thin for my frame...
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    5'5" and I'm currently maintaining a weight range of 114 lb - 116 lb.
    I realized through my weight lost journey that it is not all about 'weight'. My goal is wanting, well a toned body of course, but also to eat healthy and be active and in getting there I'm now at this weight.

I also read somewhere that the healthy BMI weight range for a 5'5' female is 114 – 150? I’m curious if this is true, but then again I say just be at a weight where you feel comfortable, fit, and healthy.

I've heard anywhere from 111-118 is the lowest for a healthy BMI- but that's not always an accurate calculator. If you're dr says you're at a healthy weight then you should be good!
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 with a current weight of 185 and a goal weight of 158. I'm also large boned though so that plays a role in it. 158 is just perfect for me. I wouldn't complain or protest if I got down to 145 but nothing smaller than that.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!