What will you miss the most about being overweight?

Options

Replies

• CrysButcher3
    CrysButcher3 Posts: 322
    Options
    Bwahahahahaaa!!!!! OMG! That was SERIOUSLY hilarious! Only because that's totally ME! Hahahaaa wow....thank you so much for making me laugh today! Awesome!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: Love this thread!

And aside from eating what I want and not obsessing about it, I don't think I'll miss anything about it! :laugh:
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    nothing.
    Ditto
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    LOL!! I miss the hours of quality time with my couch and TV.

This one! And probably eating whatever I wanted when I wanted. I like food. Even if I was to only take a bite of most foods I used to eat I'd probably be over my calories :0/
  • ashleypietz
    ashleypietz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Honestly I don't know that I'll miss being overweight as much as I'll miss being thoughtless about my health. I love the way I feel and look now so there is no way I'll go back but I will miss being able to push reality away and pretend what I'm doing is ok or doesn't matter.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I will miss nothing, not the pain in my legs and in my back, not the no energy feeling, not the "omg you're pregnant" or "this is for the baby" while i'm clearly not pregnant. I don't mind my boobs shrinking a bit, DD is kind of big....

maybe i'll miss all my all you can eat moments, but I know they are not mentally and physically healthy, so i'm good with it.
    OH MAN....Do I know what you mean....about the false pregnancy scare! I got that alot...."are you pregnant?"....Yeah Im pregnant If you can have a double bacon cheesburger Baby!!! Ill be due in about an hour or two....but it wont be cute!

Worst is that roundness comes mostly from my lactose intolerance (which I just figured not too long ago). I always tell my friends that i've been pregnant for at least the last 10 years, should get out eventually lol
  • mrscjwilson
    mrscjwilson Posts: 252
    Options
    LOL!! I miss the hours of quality time with my couch and TV.

This one! And probably eating whatever I wanted when I wanted. I like food. Even if I was to only take a bite of most foods I used to eat I'd probably be over my calories :0/
    Hey I admit I have been guilty early on in this journey and taking a bite of some delishiousness only to spit it out bcause I didnt want the calories....but Ive matured since then....BUT I did it!
  • LynnieSkinny
    Options
    :sad: MY BOOBS!

I 100% agree!... Oh well, back to training bras for me! :cry:
  • Fesse
    Fesse Posts: 611
    Options
    My damn expensive shoes!!! Never thought I would loose a shoe size....my shoe size went back to a 8 from that plump 9.....and I'M NOT GIVING AWAY MY PRADA SHOES!!!!!
    I'll takes those off your hands there lover!! hahahaha It's a sacrifice I'm willing to take for you!!! LOL
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    Honestly I don't know that I'll miss being overweight as much as I'll miss being thoughtless about my health. I love the way I feel and look now so there is no way I'll go back but I will miss being able to push reality away and pretend what I'm doing is ok or doesn't matter.
    Truth! Its funny how you develop a new found counciousness around food, hey keeps us in check right! We know right from wrong....once we were blind but know we SEEEEEE (In my best southern baptist preacher voice)
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    My damn expensive shoes!!! Never thought I would loose a shoe size....my shoe size went back to a 8 from that plump 9.....and I'M NOT GIVING AWAY MY PRADA SHOES!!!!!
    I'll takes those off your hands there lover!! hahahaha It's a sacrifice I'm willing to take for you!!! LOL
    Fesse always willing to take one for the team! MUAH...thats why your my girl
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My gut made one helluva coffee table for my bottle of beer, plus it was a great gazebo for the tallywacker...LMAO!!!

Actually, I don't miss a damn thing about being a walrus...
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and being totally oblivious as to what it was doing to my body. Not thinking about calories or nothin'. Just enjoying the food -- the nice creamy processed kind.

Amen. If ignorance was bliss that is what I will miss most. Not caring a thing about scarfing down jelly donuts whenever they came my way. I of course NEVER bought them - just knocked everyone out of my way so I could get there first! Now that I am no longer ignorant I have a hard time allowing myself to even drink a diet soda. I used to love the super big gulps! I have a difficult time allowing myself to eat anything that I know has high fructose corn syrup in it or even corn syrup in it. I just don't want to do that to myself anymore!

Unfortunately I still get the applause when I run down the hall, but I am hoping for the cheering section to go away over time! = D
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    My gut made one helluva coffee table for my bottle of beer, plus it was a great gazebo for the tallywacker...LMAO!!!

Actually, I don't miss a damn thing about being a walrus...
    LOL How can I forget....RIP to our portable Coffee Tables....I had one in the front for me and one in the back (my bootay) for my son to set his snacks on also.
  • mrscjwilson
    Options
    Eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted and being totally oblivious as to what it was doing to my body. Not thinking about calories or nothin'. Just enjoying the food -- the nice creamy processed kind.

Amen. If ignorance was bliss that is what I will miss most. Not caring a thing about scarfing down jelly donuts whenever they came my way. I of course NEVER bought them - just knocked everyone out of my way so I could get there first! Now that I am no longer ignorant I have a hard time allowing myself to even drink a diet soda. I used to love the super big gulps! I have a difficult time allowing myself to eat anything that I know has high fructose corn syrup in it or even corn syrup in it. I just don't want to do that to myself anymore!

Unfortunately I still get the applause when I run down the hall, but I am hoping for the cheering section to go away over time! = D
    I still occasional get surprised by a random a short burst of applause during my Zumba Class, but I just keep on moving...shamelessly I let everyone know the applause was for me...no need to be alarmed!
  • CoachMaritova
    CoachMaritova Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Ordering pizza on nights that I don't feel like cooking!! ;)
  • oxavecamourxo
    oxavecamourxo Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    The holes in my jeans from my thighs rubbing together. What a nice breeze on a hot day! lol
  • HCGracie
    HCGracie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this thread I really needed a good laugh and I definetly got it from reading all the post.

I miss my clothes and shoes! I don't miss the big girl styles just the amount that I had, since I had been big for so long I had lots of clothes now that I have lost I don't have hardly any and have to do laundry more often. However, I have not met goal so I am not shopping until I do!
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,982 Member
    Options
    This is such a cute thread....
    What I miss about being over weight....

Before: The thought that pops into my head is that at night if I wanted food and it was almost bedtime that I would just eat what I wanted when I wanted it. Mostly I remember Chocolate malts!

Now, besides not eating after supper time, I eat just about what ever I want, when I want it - Just that What I want has to be healthy for me and When I want it has to be no more than every 2-3 hours. Chocolate Malts now are Protein Shakes -- and I get one for Breakfast! (How cool is that...a chocolate Malt for breakfast!)
  • AmberCHM
    AmberCHM Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    OH MAN....Do I know what you mean....about the false pregnancy scare! I got that alot...."are you pregnant?"....Yeah Im pregnant If you can have a double bacon cheesburger Baby!!! Ill be due in about an hour or two....but it wont be cute!
    I will also miss the applause I would get while running naked through the house (from the skin flappin) ...I mean really who gets to have there very own cheering section?
    I still occasional get surprised by a random a short burst of applause during my Zumba Class, but I just keep on moving...shamelessly I let everyone know the applause was for me...no need to be alarmed!

Oh. My. Gosh. These are hilarious and made me literally LOL!

I will miss being able to make fat jokes about myself. Nah, I'll get over it.