Pain after eating?

Options
2»

Replies

• JessicaLynnDouglas
    JessicaLynnDouglas Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    It all sounds like gluten issues to me. I had all the similar pains before I realized that I had issues with gluten and later diagnosed with Celiac. I also had my gallbladder out before all these pains started, but that's what gluten does in people's bodies who can't tolerate it; breaks down digestive organs...gallbladder, then kidneys, and on.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    It all sounds like gluten issues to me. I had all the similar pains before I realized that I had issues with gluten and later diagnosed with Celiac. I also had my gallbladder out before all these pains started, but that's what gluten does in people's bodies who can't tolerate it; breaks down digestive organs...gallbladder, then kidneys, and on.

I am already gluten free due to having a severe allergy (been on a ventilator before) to wheat, barley and oat (can't have gf oat, allergic to actual oat). So I know for sure its not that.
  • Ckeymom
    Ckeymom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the same thing. I saw my doc on Monday, and she thinks is a gastric ulcer. I had my gall bladder removed 17 years ago, and the pain is identical. She's testing me for h pylori, and she's put me on a gluten free diet.
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    So hard to say. It can be many things. I have pain/bloating after eating like you described but it's due to gastroparesis. I'm sure your dr can give you more insight
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Saw my dr this am and she is scheduling me for a endoscopy. She does not believe it is my gallbladder. She is thinking an ulcer.

Thank you everyone.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Saw my dr this am and she is scheduling me for a endoscopy. She does not believe it is my gallbladder. She is thinking an ulcer.

Thank you everyone.

Sounds like a good plan. Have you ever had an endoscopy? They really aren't bad at all (I have had 2, one just a couple of weeks ago). The prep is nothing, especially compared to a colonoscopy. Stop eating and drinking anything except clear liquids 12 hours before and nothing, not even water, by mouth for the last 4 hours. They use anesthetics that work fast and you wake up fast with no grogginess (usually, everyone is different). The only thing I noticed was a slight sore throat for a couple of days because of the scope going down the esophagus.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    You have a response as to "it can't be that" after most people's comments here. The doctors opinion is going to be better than anything any of us can offer to you. Hope it's nothing serious.