How do you stay motivated?

Options
2»

Replies

• Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Those are all fantastic ideas, everybody! Lizzy, where to you find the "little challenges" you mentioned? Here on MFP?
  • TakingBackForever
    TakingBackForever Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I also set mini goals for myself. So I could get a reward when I hit a certain weight.

Starting Weight - 210
    *200 - Kitchen Scale
    *190 - Etsy Bag
    *189 (10%) - Lunch box
    *185 (Overweight) - Picnic Supplies
    *180 - Kitchen Fryer
    *175 - (Halfway) - Weight Set
    *170 - Bubble Run Registration Fee
    *168 (20%) - Refrigerator
    160 - Car detailed
    150 (Normal) - Power Rack
    147 (30%) - Stove
    140 - Wardrobe (shopping spree)
  • kat_princess12
    kat_princess12 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I have several cute summer dresses I wasn't able to wear at all last summer. I'd stopped losing this winter (though I did maintain, which for me is worth a pat on the back), and trying the dresses on the other week - and still not being able to zip them! - got me motivated again.
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have sometimes problems to get started (motivated) or stay motivated especially when life gets rough. What motivates you? I am open for every help!! Please share your favorite quotes, poems, music, movies, books, your story if it motivates you.
    Thanks so much.
    Susanne

To be honest, I'm not one for motivational quotes, pics of myself, clothes, etc. I'm data-oriented, so my Garmin is the most motivational thing for me. I have it sync'd with MFP and use the Garmin Connect dashboard. I like that I can see everything (steps/sleep/workouts/sleep) and I find that motivational.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Those are all fantastic ideas, everybody! Lizzy, where to you find the "little challenges" you mentioned? Here on MFP?

There are some here in the "BLOG" section or on the "Greatist" website. I also have the runkeeper app and they do challenges sometimes. Trying something new just seems to keep me going.
  • trjjoy
    trjjoy Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Fitting (or being able to squeeze into!) into smaller and smaller clothes!