Oreo cookies? Ugh?

Options

Replies

• annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    Try boiling the life out of them. Maybe they'll suit your taste then.

British food has moved on, it's not the war

Well, I've been there recently, and uhh, still no....
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    annaskiski wrote: »
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    Try boiling the life out of them. Maybe they'll suit your taste then.

British food has moved on, it's not the war

Well, I've been there recently, and uhh, still no....

Oh, come now, instead of overcooked boiled meat, now they have mushy "curry" in takeout containers....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7keOluo66OQaCcax85CfyYu0O4ts163OHty-xGxz8Xg5CKWOnNVuebb4N
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    They're alright. I don't love or hate them. If they are around I will grab one just because, but if I had to pick a manufactured biscuit, it would always go for a plain old boring digestive.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Whats the point exactly? I don't like blood pudding, but I don't trash people who eat it. Learn to live and let live. British don't have better taste than Americans. Get over it.

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    They're alright. I don't love or hate them. If they are around I will grab one just because, but if I had to pick a manufactured biscuit, it would always go for a plain old boring digestive.

Bolding the accurate part.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »

Well that's the point! Anything more fancy ruins the subtle flavor of tea.
  • jesscran815
    jesscran815 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Reasons why you're wronger than wrong:
    1) Milk
    2) Ice Cream

Add Slutty Brownies to your list! Chocolate chip cookie dough crust, covered by whole oreo cookies, covered with brownie batter.

Yes!!!!
    And also deep fried Oreos!!!!! Deep fried Oreos are the bomb!!!!

This. OMG. Gotta go to the carnival...even though it's February and I'm pretty sure we don't have those right now in IL.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options

Well that's the point! Anything more fancy ruins the subtle flavor of tea.

These are the way to ruin tea!

jhyghqvi8232.jpg
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Clare0116 wrote: »
    What is so good about a sugary, black coloured biscuit with sugary white filling, neither having any flavour? Maybe you poor thing, have never tried yummy biscuits?

You hate Oreos. I hate Jelly Babies. Who gives a f***?
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    May your insufferable attitude give you heart disease. I'd get mine from the trans fat in Oreos but they took it out. :(
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    They are but 1 taste is enough to decide they are nasty synthetic American junk and Brits don't buy them. Send us some yummy healthy food instead please?
    They are but 1 taste is enough to decide they are nasty synthetic American junk and Brits don't buy them. Send us some yummy healthy food instead please?

I object Madam

With the greatest of respect you're wronger than a wrong thing ...an Oreo makes 3 distinct treats ...2 biscuits, 1 cream for 53 calories

This Brit approves

Of course I've only ever had the regular kind

• Carlos_421
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

I object Madam

With the greatest of respect you're wronger than a wrong thing ...an Oreo makes 3 distinct treats ...2 biscuits, 1 cream for 53 calories

This Brit approves

Of course I've only ever had the regular kind

Then you've had the best.
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The country that invented malteasers, Flake bars, and Cadbury Creme Eggs can't insult the country that invented Oreos for its taste in junk food. I argue they're similarly repulsive if you didn't grow up with them.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I baked them into brownies once

Have to say my brownies are better without them

They're pretty nice in decent ice cream too
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    sylkates wrote: »
    The country that invented malteasers, Flake bars, and Cadbury Creme Eggs can't insult the country that invented Oreos for its taste in junk food. I argue they're similarly repulsive if you didn't grow up with them.

Yes. Ew.
    And Ill throw every last colorful little PEEP into the repulsive category as well. LOL.

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    What Carlos_421 is explaining is that Oreos need much help to be rendered palatable.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    What Carlos_421 is explaining is that Oreos need much help to be rendered palatable.

No, I'm explaining that everything else in the world is made better by their existence.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm happy with a Jammie Dodger (thank you, Doctor Who). I'm american but love me some british junk food.
  • Carlos_421
    Options
    ulkdjt7yj7e4.jpeg
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Well op, look up the stats on Oreo sales in the UK. If you don't like them, that's fine. But you certainly can't say that Brits don't like them. Oreo is making plenty of money off of Brits.

And why would you create a thread about foods you don't like ? It seems juvenile and attention seeking .