Oreo cookies? Ugh?

Options

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm in Australia and was most excited when they started selling them here. They're ok, just taste like your average chocolate bickie. I can think of a dozen better tasting biscuits.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    majigurl wrote: »
    MommyMeggo wrote: »
    I personally remove the gritty middle and eat only the cookie. Then, when applicable, chase my kids around with delicious scary blackness all in my teeth!

this is why I love Oreo's.. no one right way to eat them :D
    Sometimes, I'll stick em in milk and wait until they sink
    Sometimes, I'll bite into them whole
    Sometimes, I'll separate the cookie and filling
    Sometimes, I'll eat them in ice cream

I know you can make things at home, blah blah blah
    Oreos and Pop Tarts still make me happy <3

Have you tried the Cookies and Cream poptarts then?
    I actually bought and ate some yesterday<3

They're my favorite
  • chastity0921
    chastity0921 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I like limp bacon... Just as a side note.

Have any of you tried to brush your teeth after eating Oreos? Pointless.

They're okay, but I'd rather have some homemade cookies. Like sea salt chocolate chip ones.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    I like limp bacon... Just as a side note.

Have any of you tried to brush your teeth after eating Oreos? Pointless.

They're okay, but I'd rather have some homemade cookies. Like sea salt chocolate chip ones.

Oreo toothpaste!!!!!!

Wait here....

*goes to file the patent...
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    layfayetteearrings.gif~c200

This is the best use of a Lafayette gif that I've ever seen! :D
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I think traditional Oreos are okay but I've always disliked the white part so not my favorite cookie in the cookie aisle. I have haved a few of the newer flavor variations and would stick with the traditional Oreo.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    You guys have the most yummiest foods/cookies over there, I would have thought Oreo's would rank low on the list. To me, they're just plain chocolate cookies.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    You guys have the most yummiest foods/cookies over there, I would have thought Oreo's would rank low on the list. To me, they're just plain chocolate cookies.

Not anymore.

They have Cinnamon Bun, Red Velvet Cake, Chocolate Filled Cupcake, & the list goes on & on.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Oreos and their derivative desserts are objectively amazing, but you're not looking for a discussion about that.

You've made your mind up, and you're just hoping a whole bunch of people agree with you so you can feel better about your preference. You're not hoping for a meaningful exchange. That's the very definition of a circlejerk, which is not useful.

And if you're trying to portray all those Brits over there as oh-so-sophisticated, well you're not doing a very good job. So take your "yummy biscuits" or whatever and get out. Don't talk *kitten* about my Oreos.

I am not the OP but why should a thread about cookies be useful?

and I am sophistimacated

I have the photos to prove it

:bigsmile:

I think we should have a thread on Marmite
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    ulkdjt7yj7e4.jpeg

PS

I lurve you
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Clare0116 wrote: »
    They are but 1 taste is enough to decide they are nasty synthetic American junk and Brits don't buy them. Send us some yummy healthy food instead please?
    Aren't Brits known for having crappy teeth from eating to much candy?
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    They are but 1 taste is enough to decide they are nasty synthetic American junk and Brits don't buy them. Send us some yummy healthy food instead please?

No

we just don't tend to go for overbleaching, braces, and caps in general

I however have perfick teeth thank you very much - cos braces, and bleaching .. no caps
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP.

Oreos are proper minging.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    So there's no crappy tasting food whatsoever in the UK? It is strictly an American thing? Okay. Gotcha. And Oreo's are delicious...

Brits eat limp bacon. Yuk. Any good 'Murican knows that bacon is served crispy!

And biscuits? Best way I know to eat biscuits is with sausage gravy slathered all over them.

+1
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    What is so good about a sugary, black coloured biscuit with sugary white filling, neither having any flavour? Maybe you poor thing, have never tried yummy biscuits?

LOL - can we discuss Britain's contribution of Hobnobs and Jaffa Cakes? I wouldn't say you're doing much better with making tasty processed cookies. (and for the record, I don't think Oreos are awesome, either.)
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm British and I love an Oreo! I'm surprised that they aren't really high in calories, I find a Custard Cream is higher and that's as British as the Queen :p.

I just wish we got all the flavours of Oreos I hear my American friends talk about!
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    ulkdjt7yj7e4.jpeg

You sir, are a champion among men.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    UpEarly wrote: »
    What is so good about a sugary, black coloured biscuit with sugary white filling, neither having any flavour? Maybe you poor thing, have never tried yummy biscuits?

LOL - can we discuss Britain's contribution of Hobnobs and Jaffa Cakes? I wouldn't say you're doing much better with making tasty processed cookies. (and for the record, I don't think Oreos are awesome, either.)

Jaffa cakes are cakes not biscuits yo. There's been litigation and stuff on the point.

Hob nobs are pretty rank as well. Not as bad as Oreos but I would definitely kick someone out of bed for eating them.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    UpEarly wrote: »

Jaffa cakes are cakes not biscuits yo. There's been litigation and stuff on the point.

Hob nobs are pretty rank as well. Not as bad as Oreos but I would definitely kick someone out of bed for eating them.

Haha yes... I've heard all about the biscuit controversy. This was funny - http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/25/jaffa-cakes-are-not-cakes-10-reasons-why-the-jaffa-is-a-biscuit-5194703/

I hold to my belief that Jaffa Cakes are cookies/biscuits... and TERRIBLE ones at that. :smile:
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    J72FIT wrote: »

No

we just don't tend to go for overbleaching, braces, and caps in general

I however have perfick teeth thank you very much - cos braces, and bleaching .. no caps

Well my wife is from England and she tells me some horror stories... just sayin'