Replies

• msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    UpEarly wrote: »
    msf74 wrote: »
    Clare0116 wrote: »
    What is so good about a sugary, black coloured biscuit with sugary white filling, neither having any flavour? Maybe you poor thing, have never tried yummy biscuits?

LOL - can we discuss Britain's contribution of Hobnobs and Jaffa Cakes? I wouldn't say you're doing much better with making tasty processed cookies. (and for the record, I don't think Oreos are awesome, either.)

Jaffa cakes are cakes not biscuits yo. There's been litigation and stuff on the point.

Hob nobs are pretty rank as well. Not as bad as Oreos but I would definitely kick someone out of bed for eating them.

Haha yes... I've heard all about the biscuit controversy. This was funny - http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/25/jaffa-cakes-are-not-cakes-10-reasons-why-the-jaffa-is-a-biscuit-5194703/

I hold to my belief that Jaffa Cakes are cookies/biscuits... and TERRIBLE ones at that. :smile:

How rude. I am rather partial to Jaffa Cakes so you may have to get taken out by a surreptitious sniper hit.

That said I do much prefer Tunnock's Tea Cakes. They are way nicer than Oreos which are just glorified rice cakes.

With a tan.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    What is so good about a sugary, black coloured biscuit with sugary white filling, neither having any flavour? Maybe you poor thing, have never tried yummy biscuits?

LOL - can we discuss Britain's contribution of Hobnobs and Jaffa Cakes? I wouldn't say you're doing much better with making tasty processed cookies. (and for the record, I don't think Oreos are awesome, either.)

Jaffa cakes are cakes not biscuits yo. There's been litigation and stuff on the point.

Hob nobs are pretty rank as well. Not as bad as Oreos but I would definitely kick someone out of bed for eating them.

Haha yes... I've heard all about the biscuit controversy. This was funny - http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/25/jaffa-cakes-are-not-cakes-10-reasons-why-the-jaffa-is-a-biscuit-5194703/

I hold to my belief that Jaffa Cakes are cookies/biscuits... and TERRIBLE ones at that. :smile:

How rude. I am rather partial to Jaffa Cakes so you may have to get taken out by a surreptitious sniper hit.

That said I do much prefer Tunnock's Tea Cakes. They are way nicer than Oreos which are just glorified rice cakes.

With a tan.

Is a british rice cake different than an american one cuz...no. :)

And I kinda wanna try a jaffa cake now.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    ulkdjt7yj7e4.jpeg

PS

I lurve you

<3o:)
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I'm British and my three favourite sweet things are Oreo's, Pop Tarts and Ben and Jerry's... how I wish there was a trader of all the US flavours of B&J here...!
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

With a tan.

I never want to hear the words "rice cake" in a thread about Oreos again...
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    You keep the Earl Grey, we'll keep the oreos.. And freedom. Murica.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

With a tan.

Ri*e ca*es taste like sadness. Spawn of the devil. It's like eating a piece of styrofoam.
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    David_2015 wrote: »
    I'm British and my three favourite sweet things are Oreo's, Pop Tarts and Ben and Jerry's... how I wish there was a trader of all the US flavours of B&J here...!

I've heard that if one not born in the States tastes Americone Dream, within hours they'll feel a compulsion to build a raft from an old refrigerator and sail it across the oceans whilst wearing a tricorne and standing ever so resolutely on the bow.
  • glassyo
    Options

With a tan.

Hey, *I* didn't start it!
    Ri*e ca*es taste like sadness. Spawn of the devil. It's like eating a piece of styrofoam.

They make a really good low cal delivery service for peanut butter tho!
  • AnvilHead
    Options

With a tan.

So does celery - and it doesn't taste like styrofoam sadness.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

With a tan.

Know a delivery system for peanut butter that has even less calories than celery OR the styrofoam that shall not be named??

A spoon...or your finger*

(*provided you don't go all cannibalistic on your finger)
  • glassyo
    Options

With a tan.

Celery tastes bitter to me.
    Know a delivery system for peanut butter that has even less calories than celery OR the styrofoam that shall not be named??

A spoon and a jar of any kind of nut butter/cookie butter is a recipe for an empty jar of nut butter/cookie butter. :p
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

With a tan.

Yeah, no. Have to back rice cakes over celery on this one.

Celery = bitter yucky stringy
    Rice cake = bland dusty

Bland wins over bitter every time. Plus, it doesn't interfere as much with the taste of the peanut butter.

Personally, I'd rather use a Wasa thin bread or Ryvita or similar over either. I'll take the minimal calorie hit.
  • AnvilHead
    edited February 2016
    Options

With a tan.

My finger would taste better than styrofoam sadness if I accidentally bit it.

Oreos are a great peanut butter delivery system too.
  • provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    *kitten*. Now I want double stuffed Oreos. :neutral:
  • glassyo
    Options

With a tan.

I didn't like the peanut butter oreos. :(

LOVED the reeses oreos tho.
  • Carlos_421
    Options

With a tan.

So does a spoon.
  • Carlos_421
    Options

With a tan.

Truth.

6232747d873994b7791f60159ea6a184.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    w8a5t4d65v1m.png
    ykmgitnegg6x.jpg

Now to be a Debbie Downer, but B&Js makes that ice cream with Hydrox, not Oreos. It's still delicious, but it's not Oreos.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Another Oreo loving Brit here!
    They're not that different to Bourbon biscuits IMO.