Oreo cookies? Ugh?

Options

Replies

• kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I could skip the cookie and just eat the cream filling. Yummmmm...
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    kmbrooks15 wrote: »
    I could skip the cookie and just eat the cream filling. Yummmmm...

The cream filling on the delivery system that shall not be named.

(The REAL cream filling....not the cookies and cream spread they sell now.)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    So there's no crappy tasting food whatsoever in the UK? It is strictly an American thing? Okay. Gotcha. And Oreo's are delicious...

Well, sure. Brits, as you know, are known for their tasty food! British restaurants are on every corner of every city of every nation in the world, their food is so wonderful!

Right?
  • vchristie0811
    vchristie0811 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Coming from the land of fried mars bars....fish and chip suppers....and sticky toffee pudding....that's rich (literally!).
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Coming from the land of fried mars bars....fish and chip suppers....and sticky toffee pudding....that's rich (literally!).

Woah, Woah, woah, hold your horses! Deep fried mars bars are amazing. Literally the food of the gods. Everyone knocks them, but until you try one you don't know what you're missing. Totally worth the 5000ish calories.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    What happened to the OP?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    What happened to the OP?

I think we have converted a sad troll post into a wonderful celebration of cookie goodness.
  • tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I just can't even right now. :s

Edited because I didn't get to page five before posting. Glad we're done bashing nectar from the gods in cookie form. Also known as Oreos. o:)
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    msf74 wrote: »
    UpEarly wrote: »
    msf74 wrote: »
    UpEarly wrote: »
    Clare0116 wrote: »
    What is so good about a sugary, black coloured biscuit with sugary white filling, neither having any flavour? Maybe you poor thing, have never tried yummy biscuits?

LOL - can we discuss Britain's contribution of Hobnobs and Jaffa Cakes? I wouldn't say you're doing much better with making tasty processed cookies. (and for the record, I don't think Oreos are awesome, either.)

Jaffa cakes are cakes not biscuits yo. There's been litigation and stuff on the point.

Hob nobs are pretty rank as well. Not as bad as Oreos but I would definitely kick someone out of bed for eating them.

Haha yes... I've heard all about the biscuit controversy. This was funny - http://metro.co.uk/2015/05/25/jaffa-cakes-are-not-cakes-10-reasons-why-the-jaffa-is-a-biscuit-5194703/

I hold to my belief that Jaffa Cakes are cookies/biscuits... and TERRIBLE ones at that. :smile:

How rude. I am rather partial to Jaffa Cakes so you may have to get taken out by a surreptitious sniper hit.

That said I do much prefer Tunnock's Tea Cakes. They are way nicer than Oreos which are just glorified rice cakes.

With a tan.

Is a british rice cake different than an american one cuz...no. :)

And I kinda wanna try a jaffa cake now.

I never want to hear the words "rice cake" in a thread about Oreos again...

But why?

They both make very effective coasters. Just don't eat them *shudder*
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I only like oreos in something else.....ice cream, dirt pudding, frosting, etc... but i cant eat them by themselves.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Thanks, OP! Now we have TWO threads celebrating Oreos!! #winning

To all my Oreo loving friends, I applaud you.
  • jaynee7283
    jaynee7283 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You guys have the most yummiest foods/cookies over there, I would have thought Oreo's would rank low on the list. To me, they're just plain chocolate cookies.

Not anymore.

They have Cinnamon Bun, Red Velvet Cake, Chocolate Filled Cupcake, & the list goes on & on.

We currently have all of those in our house - the Chocolate Filled Cupcake ones are AWESOME. We actually currently have 14 containers of Oreos (my husband goes a bit nuts when he sees limited editions). We had 8 packages when I went out of town, and they had almost doubled by the time I got back. Including three of the CFC variety.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Clare0116 wrote: »
    What is so good about a sugary, black coloured biscuit with sugary white filling, neither having any flavour? Maybe you poor thing, have never tried yummy biscuits?

Your opinion. Both have flavor. Oreos are fantastic., otherwise, they'd not be so popular.
  • David_2015
    David_2015 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    I only like oreos in something else.....ice cream, dirt pudding, frosting, etc... but i cant eat them by themselves.

What is dirt pudding... and why do I want it right now?!
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    David_2015 wrote: »

Chocolate pudding topped with a layer of crushed Oreos (and a gummy worm for effect).
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    My mind went to a bad place when people started mentioning low calorie delivery systems for peanut butter

And then someone mentioned an ice cream brand named B&J

These two thoughts are unconnected

But I may have just died a little
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options

Sticky toffee pudding is AMAZING. Almost as good as Oreos.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    David_2015 wrote: »

Chocolate pudding topped with a layer of crushed Oreos (and a gummy worm for effect).

And served in a plantar with a garden scoop as a serving utensil. Also the pudding is whipped together with cream cheese and cool whip. At least the way we made it. :)
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options
    Lourdesong wrote: »
    Try boiling the life out of them. Maybe they'll suit your taste then.

Oh no you di'nt, lol! Seriously, my Nana was British, and as a child, I dreaded eating at her house. 30 years later, and 20 since her passing, I wish for one more tea at Nana's :'(

ETA: Oh, I can't pass up the chance to enter a cookie/biscuit argument. I'm American to the core, and Oreos are nasty. Except for the Cakesters, but they discontinued those years ago. I hate you forever and will never forgive you, Nabisco!

Cakesters were gross. I don't know anyone that ever liked those things. That's why they were discontinued...duh.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options
    rml_16 wrote: »
    So there's no crappy tasting food whatsoever in the UK? It is strictly an American thing? Okay. Gotcha. And Oreo's are delicious...

Well, sure. Brits, as you know, are known for their tasty food! British restaurants are on every corner of every city of every nation in the world, their food is so wonderful!

Right?

LOL!! So true. British food = UGH.