When you fall off the wagon...

2»

Replies

• richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    I always log, because just as important as the actual weight loss to be is reinforcing the good habits I've built. That will help me to ensure that I continue along even when life and circumstances cause a day or meal to be off-plan.
  • aanelson72
    aanelson72 Posts: 13 Member
    I dont see it as falling of the wagon...never have
    I just ate one day more than normal because i wanted too, couldn't resist, needed it or whatever reason.
    The next day back to normal....

yes normal, after all its not a diet you are on, you just have cut back some calories to lose weight. When done it is upping your portions....so normal eating.

95069916.png

This is how I'm learning to view it. It's easy to have a "bad day" and give up. But giving up after a bad day is like "slashing your other tires because you have one flat." It's a process of retraining how you view your health and your habits.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    You got to log it. Some weeks I go back through my log when I thought that I had a good deficit that week and once I add it up... damn. I guess that's why I didn't lose anything/not as much as I expected.

If I didn't log it, it would be total guesswork.
  • Helendv8
    Helendv8 Posts: 21 Member
    Massive thanks all for your thoughts on this. I def have high and low calorie days and log them accordingly, but this was a full out, fall down binge day. I mean, it was great, but logging all those calories... Man, makes you realise why I wa so chunky before!
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    I might have to guess but I do my best. Usually when I look at the weekly average it's not actually too bad! Never above maintenance anyway.
  • HelenRobertsNZ
    HelenRobertsNZ Posts: 16 Member
    I always log, because I know that I'll dismiss those unlogged chocolates and chips as somehow not counting. I can easily see myself slipping back to my old "eat a handful of XXX" every time I go to the kitchen habits.
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I try to log everything everyday to the best of my ability. I did not log everything on Thanksgiving because I forgot to do it that night and then I couldn't remember what all I ate. I usually either log ahead or at the time I eat, but I didn't want to make a big deal at the holiday about what I was eating so I didn't log when I was at my mom's. I wasn't worried about going over that day, but I did try to eat modest portions of the things I had. Most days I do a pretty good job of staying around my goal. A couple of weeks ago I went to visit my son at college and ended up eating out and went over my calories, but I just logged to the best of my ability and tried to do better the next day.

I have started taking notes on my phone at parties/when eating out. Nothing too crazy... Stuff like

2 cups sautéed mushrooms
    3 deviled eggs
    1 slice ham
    1 pc lasagna

Then I estimate as best as I can when I get home. Taking a few notes on my phone isn't too distracting and takes only a few seconds.

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Just get back on. I do log it all, even if it's just approximations. The practice of restarting after a flop is probably one of the most important skill sets we will all need to master. So I chalk it up as practice & keep on going.