Am I Being Too Unrealistic ?

Options
Talking to someone a while back, about how I would love a marriage where my husband wakes myself and his children (my step children) up, and tells me to get up, get changed and pack because he booked a last second trip to [insert place I went once, and would love to go again here].

"Hey baby, I know it's 6:30am... but get changed and pack. I've already got the kids up and the dogs in their vacation home. Just called the office and I'm using my unused vacation time to say... we're driving down to Rehoboth beach for a week!"

Replies

• OldManOne
    OldManOne Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    How do you treat him? You want to be treated like a Queen, treat him like a King!!
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    Unless he is a psychic... or you can plant thoughts in other people's heads without writing it down and passing them a note... YOU are JUST unrealistic... "TOO" unrealistic would be him pulling out a magic carpet and expecting him to fly Y'all to a tropical destination on that...

The key to any good marriage is COMMUNICATION
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    what is wrong with you making arrangements?
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I'm still a 25 year old single woman. As a child I remember saying "I wanna be married by 25, and kids by 30."

Where's my prince? lol.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    Tell him what you want. Men can't take hints, not subtle hints or even obvious ones. Say what you want.
  • bandnerdtx
    bandnerdtx Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    Tell him what you want. Men can't take hints, not subtle hints or even obvious ones. Say what you want.

Truth! And they appreciate it when we are direct! I know that it feels like that's taking some of the "magic" out of it, but chances are he's doing the best he can. Just tell him what you'd like.
  • Just_J_Now
    Options
    I'm still a 25 year old single woman. As a child I remember saying "I wanna be married by 25, and kids by 30."

Where's my prince? lol.

Marriage is over rated. Enjoy your youth. What's the rush.

Ps: there may never be a "prince" just a husband. :p
  • Iggy585
    Iggy585 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Men are pretty bad at knowing what women want.

Women are pretty bad at telling men what they want.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    All I can say is that I'm glad I'm in a marriage where that type of surprise is not necessary, and that we don't need to escape from our beautiful life at home.

But no judgement, as we all can have our own dreams. I agree with the others, you need to let him know what you want. It's not an unrealistic dream.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Girl, you're watching too many romcoms.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    That's.... well too specific a fantasy for someone not in a relationship. Honestly, I'd worry that by embracing such specific and detailed wants, you might be closing your mind to alternate possibilities.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    ... I would say if this is what you are concerned with when it comes to finding a relationship, the reason you haven't found your "prince" is that you're concerned with really arbitrary, superficial things that might not have a place in your actual life?

Just me though.

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Girl, you're watching too many romcoms.

That was my first thought.

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

Where's my prince? lol.

Marriage is not overrated. You get out what you put in and if both parties truly love and respect each other then marriage is a true blessing
  • Just_J_Now
    Options
    dbanks80 wrote: »

Where's my prince? lol.

Marriage is not overrated. You get out what you put in and if both parties truly love and respect each other then marriage is a true blessing

Tomayto Tomahto. I've been married 26 years. It's a work in progress and always will be.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    Considering you're already limiting yourself to a guy who has kids and doesn't yet exist in your life? Yes.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Talking to someone a while back, about how I would love a marriage where my husband wakes myself and his children (my step children) up, and tells me to get up, get changed and pack because he booked a last second trip to [insert place I went once, and would love to go again here].

"Hey baby, I know it's 6:30am... but get changed and pack. I've already got the kids up and the dogs in their vacation home. Just called the office and I'm using my unused vacation time to say... we're driving down to Rehoboth beach for a week!"

I bet you also want to be surprised with a car in the driveway on Christmas morning, right?? Without any concern about how much any of this cost or finances etc etc.

Grow up.