Cardio at home

Options
2»

Replies

• leooftheyear
    leooftheyear Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Daily Burn is also really good, you get a free month trail and they suggest a program for you and then its $12/month thereafter and you get the entire selection of their programs along with the Daily 365 workout.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    I work out with Fitness Blender videos during my baby's naptime while my older two kids watch a TV show. Love, love, love Fitness blender! I've lost 80 pounds and I'm in awesome shape.

Fitness Blender is awesome, if you aren't looking to spend a dime.

Give them a look
  • MTgal477
    MTgal477 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mom, with two kids 3 and under. I've been briskly walking for 30 minutes or so in front of the TV, which works but I wonder if it's enough. quote]

I'm not a stay at home mom, but I've got two little ones at home and I can't fit in any exercise's outside of home. I just use my elliptical or treadmill while watching tv, for only 15-20 minutes every night (although my workouts are pretty intense, so I get a pretty good calorie burn). Then I do a few push ups and come crunches. And I have managed to lose around 18 pounds since the beginning of January! So, I think what you're doing is just fine....it's better than nothing!

Keep it up!
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Go for long walks with the kids. Get a stroller if you need to, or a double stroller, or a carrier. Buy a treadmill or stationary bike. Get a neighbour teenager to watch the kids a couple of hours twice per week so you can join a gym. See if the local pool, dance school etc have classes for parents and kids, or classes for kids at the same time as classes for parents.
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Another vote for insantiy or t25. I'm a mom with 2 at home with me and have completed both. I started with insanity - most people say to already have some fitness before starting, I didn't, it's hard but if you like challenges that's the way to go - T25 is nice because it's shorter & better if you're just starting out & not prepared to push gurus led through insanity. You can buy right from Beachbody or check Craigslist or eBay, you may be able to find it cheaper.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This year is going to be interesting though. My oldest is too big for the double stroller and probably too little to walk the 3 miles to the one park, play and then walk 3 miles home. We might try the closer one and see what happens.
    Try a wagon? Kids like them and it will be extra exercise for you.

Another vote for a wagon. @BrittanyJenAnn can you get both of your kids into a double stroller?
  • Tama072015
    Tama072015 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am a T25, P90X and Insanity girl.
  • BrittanyJenAnn
    BrittanyJenAnn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Another vote for a wagon. @BrittanyJenAnn can you get both of your kids into a double stroller?
    [/quote]

Yes, my 3 yr old hasn't yet realized she could probably climb out. :D we've been using that a lot lately.