How can I excerpts eyitayo loose weight without gaining muscle

Options
I'm trying to loose fat weight, without converting it to muscle. I'm trying to look skinnier not thicker??

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Fortunately for you, converting fat to muscle is impossible. Eat in a caloric deficit and you'll be on your way to meeting your goal.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    If you are in a calorie deficit you will lose fat and muscle.. I'm curious why you don't want to build some muscle?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Kelechi98 wrote: »
    I'm trying to loose fat weight, without converting it to muscle. I'm trying to look skinnier not thicker??

Fat does not get converted to muscle. Eating at a deficit (to lose weight) makes it highly unlikely you will be adding any muscle.

Strength training (while losing) help you keep EXISTING lean muscle. Fat is jiggly and soft, muscle is compact and firm. You want to keep the compact part.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Well, the good news for you is that you don't convert fat to muscle...I wish that were possible though...I'd be *kitten* jacked!
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    weights_zps77901ae3.jpg
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    ^ THIS!
  • Kelechi98
    Kelechi98 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    First of all, I love you all for replying!
  • Kelechi98
    Options
    If you are in a calorie deficit you will lose fat and muscle.. I'm curious why you don't want to build some muscle?

I don't want to look like muscular. I know there are some people who are really fit but still have like thick bodies, and I'm trying to avoid that. So I was wondering if that was as a result of fat being converted.
    Apparently I was wrong! Thankyou!

• Kelechi98
    Options
    evileen99 wrote: »
    weights_zps77901ae3.jpg

Haha! So if I want to loose fat, all I have to do is stop eating? So what happens to the fat? Does it disintegrate or something?

I'm really new at this.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

I don't want to look like muscular. I know there are some people who are really fit but still have like thick bodies, and I'm trying to avoid that. So I was wondering if that was as a result of fat being converted.

1 - they have genetics that result in that look with proper training
    2 - they are actively working to achieve that look...it doesn't happen accidentally
    3 - they are genetically predisposed to having that kind of body...a larger frame with a more muscular build
    4 - genetics play a huge role
    5 - did I mention genetics?

Just cut and lift...nothing bad is going to happen...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Checks body

Nope

No thickness just curves

Cos that's what lifting heavy *kitten* weights does...well that and make you look awesome in gym gear of course ;)
  • VitaSh
    VitaSh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I wish a couple training sessions could almost magically make me grow more shoulders or whatever it is I want lol so don't worry...it takes a lot of effort to gain significant muscle size. But weight training will actually make you look leaner, smaller, and more compact. You sound like a beginner so I'd definitely get some help and pointers from a trainer
  • Kelechi98
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • Kelechi98
    Options
    Oh and is cardio good exercise for loosing weight? Or just lifting?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    1. How close are you to normal weight now?
    2. Have you bought a food scale and started diarizing your food? That's step one.
    3. Eat to the recommended calories on MFP and you will lose weight.
    4. Exercise is good for health and energy but doesn't directly help you lose weight. A twenty minute cardio workout earns you about one cookie. Do exercise that you enjoy. Anything.
  • Kelechi98
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    2. Have you bought a food scale and started diarizing your food? That's step one.
    4. Exercise is good for health and energy but doesn't directly help you lose weight. A twenty minute cardio workout earns you about one cookie. Do exercise that you enjoy. Anything.

Oh wow! So exercise is just for strength? So I just literally have to not eat, to loose weight..

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

Oh wow! So exercise is just for strength? So I just literally have to not eat, to loose weight..

Oh for goodness sake, no one is going to tell you to not eat, and if you think that is the proper way to do it, you are woefully uneducated. Not eating is a good way to get sick and die.
  • Kelechi98
    Options

My BMI is 16.8. But don't let that deceive you. I have like flabby thighs, which is what I'm trying to loose.

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options

My BMI is 16.8. But don't let that deceive you. I have like flabby thighs, which is what I'm trying to loose.

How old are you? Just so I know whether to tell you to speak to an adult, or a professional.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

Underweight and perceived flabby (usually not really flabby but a distorted view from my experience) is usually the result of no muscle mass.

16.8 BMI and wanting to "not eat" to lose more weight is far from a healthy approach.