Some of these friend requests...

Options

Replies

• Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    It works both ways - most of us are here to improve ourselves and/or to at least keep it up. We should be able to show our progress photos without being seen as having ulterior motives. You can delete/decline anyone at any time but don't assume just because someone is proud of their achievements, they are here for another reason. I for one enjoy the photos of some of my male friends turning up on my newsfeed :wink:
  • Chenry18
    Chenry18 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I always assume it's a fake profile (which I guess is silly since this is a fitness app haha!) I like to interact with people so I usually only accept ones where people are on the same page
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,709 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    Some of us just want to be made felt pretty by pretty women.

This... LOL

• Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Many of the posts in this thread is are great examples of why I rarely send a FR. My FL is probably considered by most as being relatively small at just 20. Of the 20, 80% are females. Beautiful females! And based on the posts here, some of you would make assumptions and pass judgment. The majority of the women on my FL sent me a FR because they like my personality. And the feeling is mutual. I am certainly not going to apologize for enjoying the view
  • provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Took me a minute to get my profile in order and add other pics. I don't mind accepting friend requests but I like interaction in some form, so I'll start cutting the ranks after a few. Especially since I'd rather keep in touch with the individual's who I've met so far that are pretty darn awesome.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    fxlk1lr8lln9.jpg

Is it so wrong to want a living human doll collection?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    fxlk1lr8lln9.jpg

Is it so wrong to want a living human doll collection?

Nope not at all.. :D:D
  • lizwrites1313
    lizwrites1313 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I pretty much accept anyone, if they try I on (rare since profile pic not of me) I delete them
  • tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    JoeyTajzai wrote: »
    Yeah.. I hate when guys post pictures of their chest on here....

:)

Just to clarify... I most definitely don't have a problem with pictures of shirtless guys. I mean, hello I am a female with eyes - totally happy to look at six packs all day. There is a guy with just his shoulder in his picture and it's super fine. I get it.

My issue is the lack of interaction/information - not feeling like they're a real person and such.
  • kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    The fantastic thing is you can decide who to accept and who not to accept. Or even better... Interact with. It's great!
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options

Just to clarify... I most definitely don't have a problem with pictures of shirtless guys. I mean, hello I am a female with eyes - totally happy to look at six packs all day. There is a guy with just his shoulder in his picture and it's super fine. I get it.

My issue is the lack of interaction/information - not feeling like they're a real person and such.

Maybe they just the app which doesn't allow you to update the info like a browser would.
  • lupe_melchor
    lupe_melchor Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    After reading this I up dated my info
  • tristen_leigh
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »

Maybe they just the app which doesn't allow you to update the info like a browser would.

Very good point.
  • jmule24
    jmule24 Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Many of my male friends like to go shirtless on here......I'm envious.......those *kitten*!
  • Kvm11628
    Kvm11628 Posts: 7,386 Member
    Options
    Meh. As long as the FR doesn't start with "yummy" or something like that, I will accept. If that person is a DB, I cut. Honestly? If I had declined FR from random people with a locked profile, I would have missed out on a lot of laughs and supportive friends.
  • Splenda_Daddy
    Splenda_Daddy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I try my best to be motivational and supportive, but most of my time is spent in the forums and tracking my daily intake.
    However, I do have days where I go through and support and motivate people or write a status to help the ones that are slacking.

THAT BEING SAID.

My sense of humor is very sexual, very dark and sometimes inappropriate.

When I send friend requests, maybe I should type a disclaimer. ;) lol
  • blue443
    blue443 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm on the middle, trying to find legit people on here for the purpose of fitness, but still want to be friends with people. Typically will give everyone a chance, unless there are some red flags.
  • yourhiddengem
    yourhiddengem Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I only accept people I've either interacted with before on someone else's page or on the forums. Also if they don't include a message I prob won't accept the request. I only have like 18 friends because I like interacting with all of them. I think like 3/4 of my friends are guys but it just happened that way.
  • tristen_leigh
    Options
    Non_Stop wrote: »
    Basically, we are judging others based upon what they look like.

Basically, we're human.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    @138shades I want to know how many you got after posting that?