Keto Diet

Options
Is anyone on the Keto Diet? I just started yesterday and was trying to find ppl on here so we can support each other. If you are please add me :)

Replies

• kristiekay87
    kristiekay87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • Gma1973
    Gma1973 Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi Kristiekay I too started yesterday on a lower carb high fat diet, feel free to add me
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    SciranBG wrote: »

Yep, this ^^^^ is where most of us Ketofiles tend to hang out so drop by and say hell!
  • lyssa1210
    lyssa1210 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am doing this but it is hard! I'd love support
  • jordanpinto2014
    jordanpinto2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I everyone I'm on my third week of a ketogenic diet, please feel free to add me as it would be nice to see some of things that other people on a Keto diet eat
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I am not following the keto diet, but I am limited my carbs A LOT !!!! so I'm trying to continue a low carb lifestyle
  • KValmera71
    KValmera71 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I started a keto lifestyle Saturday Feb 20th. I have my first weigh-in tomorrow. Would love some friends!!!
  • jholloway05
    jholloway05 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ha! Me too, exactly the same day! I'll be your friend :)
  • SHSBatYaH2015
    SHSBatYaH2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    KValmera71 wrote: »
    I started a keto lifestyle Saturday Feb 20th. I have my first weigh-in tomorrow. Would love some friends!!!

• Naturally07
    Naturally07 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Greetings All, I'm also doing Keto. Please feel free to add me as well. I started on Feb. 9th, and I'm down 19.3lbs.
  • juliekumar
    juliekumar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I am lookimg for support group for Keto diet. I started yesterday.
  • kristiekay87
    kristiekay87 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    OMG I never knew any one responded. I just added all of you. I'm so sorry!! cant wait for all of us to help each other
  • jamescmh
    jamescmh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday.... I feel light headed tonight :-/
  • fileshiny
    fileshiny Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian on the keto diet for the past six weeks or so, and it's going well. Not hungry anymore between meals - and can go a lot longer between meals than ever before (single biggest bonus for a busy woman). Energy levels (and blood sugar) stays constant throughout the day, and don't drop if it's been 8 hours since I ate. Not really digging the food, but have found a few recipes that I like. I've lost 10 lbs. I lift heavy weights, and after the first couple of weeks, was lifting even heavier than I was before the diet. I do feel light-headed sometimes, but that's actually a long-time issue for me that comes and goes over the years.
  • srita1
    srita1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    fileshiny wrote: »
    I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian on the keto diet for the past six weeks or so, and it's going well. Not hungry anymore between meals - and can go a lot longer between meals than ever before (single biggest bonus for a busy woman). Energy levels (and blood sugar) stays constant throughout the day, and don't drop if it's been 8 hours since I ate. Not really digging the food, but have found a few recipes that I like. I've lost 10 lbs. I lift heavy weights, and after the first couple of weeks, was lifting even heavier than I was before the diet. I do feel light-headed sometimes, but that's actually a long-time issue for me that comes and goes over the years.

I would love to know the sort of vegy protein you eat?
  • Panda_Poptarts
    Panda_Poptarts Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I've been on keto for a couple months now. It's so great! I've gone from pre-diabetic to a normal A1C, and despite no weight loss, am consistently dropping body fat percent. The benefits for me have been numerous.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    Lazz5k wrote: »
    I am not following the keto diet, but I am limited my carbs A LOT !!!! so I'm trying to continue a low carb lifestyle

@Lazz5k on the one (there are others) low carb MFP subforum mentioned above Low Carb is defined at >150 grams of carbs daily Keto is <50 grams (min to get into ketosis for most people) and there are a few very low carb members at <20 grams daily.

I work to stay <50 grams daily. For pain manage I tested cutting out sugars and all forms of grains 1.5 years ago. It working in just 30 days so I was eating Keto before I knew that there was a Way Of Eating called Nutritional Ketosis.

Finding the macro that worked to recover my health took a while but it has been working well for the past 18 months. It is 5% carbs, 15% protein and 80% fats round it out. I now maintain at 2500 calories which about the same net daily calories that I lost weight at. Intermittent Fasting (IF) does mean I eat fewer calories to lose weight but determines when I eat them to lose more weight.

Best of success to all. We all are different but in time I think we can each find the macro that makes weight loss and maintenance happen on autopilot.