LADIES who are 5'4'' or 5'5''

Options

Replies

• spirited_angel
    Options
    Im 5ft 4 and weigh 71kg not sure what that is in pounds tho!I was 64kg(after losing 12st) and was told by doctor i was too think for my body frame and he was worried about me!!I have since put on about a stone and he is much happier with me.........he is!!im not so i want to get back to my "happy weight" of about 65kg!!
  • staceyktaylor
    Options
    Im 5'4 i think i have quite a small frame, i started last week and weighed in at 133lbs, but i feel i need to get to around 120lbs
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5" and weigh 167. I want to get down to 130-135.
    I think this will be good for me.
    I do hear alot, that is to skinny for you or you should stop loading weight.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Im 5ft 4 and weigh 71kg not sure what that is in pounds tho!I was 64kg(after losing 12st) and was told by doctor i was too think for my body frame and he was worried about me!!I have since put on about a stone and he is much happier with me.........he is!!im not so i want to get back to my "happy weight" of about 65kg!!

I know I'm overweight at 71kg, and chubby at 65kg, so we must have very different frames! I'm surprised a doctor was worried at that weight though. Did he test your body fat or something?
  • galaxysue
    galaxysue Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 4'' and I am looking to get to 140lbs, I can't ever remember being there, I suppose I was years ago!! Don't know wh at I will look like, so if I look too thin I can put a few pounds on or could lose a few more. these days I hardly recognise the woman staring back in the mirror at me!!!
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I'm shooting for around 120 but I have a small frame. I think between 120-125 is probably where I'll end up most likely.
  • skyblue19912001
    Options
    I am 5'4 and i weigh 252 pounds

My overall goal is 150
  • Franola27
    Franola27 Posts: 30
    Options
    I am 5'4" and my goal is 125. I think the healthy range for our height is 125-145....but don't quote me on that. I think you could probably do an internet search or even search through this site to see what the "typical" weight range for our height should be...then take it from there. I have been 125 before and felt super healthy so that's my goal but finally got down to 142 so I'm feeling pretty good! Good luck~Fran
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your body frame.

This.

Determine your frame size (http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/fsz). Then find a better idea of "ideal" range (http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/met.htm)... and you'll note it is still a range. Every person is different.

I'm 5'3.75", with a large frame (wrist circ = 6.75") and my ideal weight is 135-145 (not by calculator, but from experience)... I'm personally aiming for the lower end, and 18-20% bodyfat, for maintenance wiggle room.
  • lulutm
    lulutm Posts: 57
    Options
    I've found 130 is perfect weight for me. I am 5' 5" with medium frame.
  • wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and I weighed 135 (roughly) in highschool. My goal weight right now is 140. Looking back now I wish I could have appreciated how awesome I looked!! haha But it has to do a lot with what size frame you have as everyone is saying....
  • jala9656
    jala9656 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and weighed 156.8 this morning. I have a medium frame and carry most weight in the tummy area. At this weight I feel short, dumpy, and frumpy. My goal is to get to 140 and then go from there. Good luck in your journey.
  • stephierae25
    Options
    I am 5'4" and weigh 154 right now. My goal is 130. I have a medium build and I have curves. I really want to keep my shape :). If anyone has the same goals add me!
  • Des92
    Des92 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4", starting weight 157.4, goal weight 120, BUT I have bigger hips so I might adjust that once I hit about 130-125. I'm currently at about 142.
  • swanny320
    swanny320 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I;m 5'4 and currently 121. My goal weight is 118. However, I am very small framed.
  • olsonspring
    olsonspring Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and they told me I shpoud be 140. But I was up to 268 at one time and was also told at my age (55) and loosing that much weight I would have quite a bit of excess skin.....so I am shooting for 180 and exercising to firm up what I can.
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my goal is 160 lbs. However, I have quite a bit of muscle mass. My old goal was 140 lbs but 140 lbs is my current lean body mass and I really don't want to lose that much muscle. 160 lbs assumes some muscle loss for me but mostly fat loss, which is what I would prefer.

I'd be happy in a size 10 or smaller, though, no matter what the weight (and I am currently between size 14 & 16 depending on the store at 208.4 lbs).
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and weigh 154 right now. My goal is 130. I have a medium build and I have curves. I really want to keep my shape :). If anyone has the same goals add me!

This is my goal too :smile: I am medium because I am curvy I was 115 before kids but I think 130 is good for me now
  • nibblerbigcat
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and right now I weigh between 125-127. When I was up to 136, I hated my body. Now I'm okay with it, but I would like to be 115-118 with a leaner middle. I have womanly hips and am average build. It really depends on your build, but I think anywhere from 115-140 is optimal.
  • Omoge25
    Omoge25 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and I looked my best when I was 135-140lbs. I think my bones are dense because I looked like a toothpick in high school I was 115lbs-123lbs.