I'm just a skinny girl trying to get thick...

Options
13»

Replies

• TheRealPootieTang
    Options
    Slimfast shake after every meal. Ain't come one, but many tine tanies!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    But everything I eat is organic

Just wanna point out that organic really doesn't mean any healthier. Organic and non-organic foods have the same nutritional makeup - just non-organic uses pesticides that have been safety approved and organic uses more 'natural' but often more dangerous and untested pesticides.

As for where you gain weight, as others have said, it's hard to actually choose. Since about 75% of what you gain will be fat, you cannot choose where it goes. That's down to genetics. The rest - the muscle - goes on whatever muscles you work the most. Get those squats in! Good luck :)
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options

I'm eating healthy and clean and have always stayed in surplus which is why I'm gaining 1.5 - 2 ibs a week. I think that while it is hard for some, even me at times, to eat healthy and get those calories doesn't mean it can't be done.
    Wow, wait, you're gaining 1.5-2 pounds per week? That's really fast for a woman, if you're consistently gaining at that rate. (When you first start eating at a surplus you can see a jump on the scale of up to 5 pounds, which is water/glycogen and not "real" weight. If you saw that, it's normal. I'm not talking about that). When we're doing a progressive lifting program and everything is going really well, women can usually gain in the neighborhood of 0.25 pounds of muscle per week. That's why we get told to aim for 0.5 pounds of gain per week (ideally, half is muscle and half is fat, but that's the best case scenario.) If you're gaining 1.5 pounds per week and maybe 0.25 pounds of that is muscle (less if you're not doing resistance training), you're putting on a lot of fat. If that's what you want, great. If not, slow your roll.

• taahirac001
    taahirac001 Posts: 35 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    But everything I eat is organic

Just wanna point out that organic really doesn't mean any healthier. Organic and non-organic foods have the same nutritional makeup - just non-organic uses pesticides that have been safety approved and organic uses more 'natural' but often more dangerous and untested pesticides.

As for where you gain weight, as others have said, it's hard to actually choose. Since about 75% of what you gain will be fat, you cannot choose where it goes. That's down to genetics. The rest - the muscle - goes on whatever muscles you work the most. Get those squats in! Good luck :)

So far I have been gaining exactly where I want the most, probably because of all the squats I do. I also gain some in my tummy, which I think I'm just going to cut after I reach my goal.

• taahirac001
    taahirac001 Posts: 35 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »

I'm eating healthy and clean and have always stayed in surplus which is why I'm gaining 1.5 - 2 ibs a week. I think that while it is hard for some, even me at times, to eat healthy and get those calories doesn't mean it can't be done.
    Wow, wait, you're gaining 1.5-2 pounds per week? That's really fast for a woman, if you're consistently gaining at that rate. (When you first start eating at a surplus you can see a jump on the scale of up to 5 pounds, which is water/glycogen and not "real" weight. If you saw that, it's normal. I'm not talking about that). When we're doing a progressive lifting program and everything is going really well, women can usually gain in the neighborhood of 0.25 pounds of muscle per week. That's why we get told to aim for 0.5 pounds of gain per week (ideally, half is muscle and half is fat, but that's the best case scenario.) If you're gaining 1.5 pounds per week and maybe 0.25 pounds of that is muscle (less if you're not doing resistance training), you're putting on a lot of fat. If that's what you want, great. If not, slow your roll.

You know I read about that somewhere, that I should gain .05 - 1 ib

But.. I gained overall 8 ibs in one month and I am not at all fat. While doing squats with eating 2700+ calories a day I gained mainly in my thighs very little in my butt and some in my tummy.

Sooo idk maybe my body is different lol. what I can say for sure is that I am loving the results with the minor setback of the muffin top. Which, like I mentioned before, I think I will continue to gain at this pace since I am also doing abs and start cutting after I reach my goal.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    edited February 2016
    Options
    AliceDark wrote: »

You know I read about that somewhere, that I should gain .05 - 1 ib

But.. I gained overall 8 ibs in one month and I am not at all fat. While doing squats with eating 2700+ calories a day I gained mainly in my thighs very little in my butt and some in my tummy.

Sooo idk maybe my body is different lol. what I can say for sure is that I am loving the results with the minor setback of the muffin top. Which, like I mentioned before, I think I will continue to gain at this pace since I am also doing abs and start cutting after I reach my goal.

8 lbs, depending on where, may not have an impact. But yea, that is a fast rate, especially considering you arent progressive lifting.

In all reality the first several lbs of that is probably glycogen and additional food in your gi system. And that is probably why its not overly noticeable.