how often do you step on the scale?

Options
2»

Replies

• rebabby
    rebabby Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I do it every morning and every evening to see if what I'm eating during the day makes a difference in the pounds. Last week I was down ten pounds, didn't step on the scale all weekend and by Monday, I was BACK up ten. So, I like to gauge my food by my weight.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Once a week for the challenge I am in.
  • AmandaOmega
    AmandaOmega Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning and keep a regular log. For me, it is much more reinforcing (since I want to lose a lot of weight) to see the scale drop every two days or so. Weighing every day also helps me keep a close eye on my diet and what is and is not working.
  • GTRguy
    GTRguy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I admit I'm addicted to it and weight myself pretty much daily, especially after taking a huge dump (pardon my French). I also know it affects my mood for the rest of the day if I'm moving up and not down, and I'm also only logging the weight on MFP when it drops.

Bad? Yes.

Oh well...
  • VansBel374
    VansBel374 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have a separate app that I track my weight in, and only change my MFP weight once a week on Sundays. With my other app I can see the trend, it tells me my BMI, % of completion to my first goal, % of time left to reach my goal.

@RoseTheWarrior -which app is this?
  • sweets1973
    sweets1973 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Once or twice a week
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Every day, and log it. I like seeing the fluctuations.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I step on the scale twice a week but I log only my Friday morning weight, undressed and before I have breakfast. I figure it's more accurate as weight fluctuates throughout the day.
  • seasonsdreams
    seasonsdreams Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Once a week!
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    VansBel374 wrote: »
    I have a separate app that I track my weight in, and only change my MFP weight once a week on Sundays. With my other app I can see the trend, it tells me my BMI, % of completion to my first goal, % of time left to reach my goal.

@RoseTheWarrior -which app is this?

It's called Monitor Your Weight. I have it from the Apple store. I'm pretty sure it's free.
  • shannie018
    shannie018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning. However, I only log what the scale says each Monday and I measure my stomach weekly.
  • llbrixon
    llbrixon Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Everyday! I like to see the fluctuations in the weight each day. It helps me to learn what causes the increase in the weight. I can then look at the food I had eaten the day before to see what has caused the increase in weight.

It also helps me to see how long it usually takes my weight to rebound to my normal weight after a short vacation.

My official week gets recorded only once a week.