What's for breakfast???

Options
2»

Replies

• ariellenkov
    ariellenkov Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I had two small toasted rolls with avocado and tomato on them and water with lemon and cucumber!
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Caffeinated Fruit/Fiber/Protein Smoothie.

Coffee version - 1/2 cup low fat plain greek yogurt, 1/2 cup 1% milk, 2 tea spoons freshly-ground flax seeds, 1 medium frozen banana, 2 teaspoons plain cocoa powder, 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder, 1 teaspoon sugar.
    Matcha version - 1/2 cup low fat plain greek yogurt, 1/2 cup 1% milk, 2 tea spoons freshly-ground flax seeds, 1/2 medium frozen banana, 1/2 cup frozen berries, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, 1.5 teaspoons of matcha prepared with just enough hot water to make a paste, separately.

Obviously the matcha version has less sugar. I only do the coffee one when I've run out of matcha powder. This is very filling for me. You have to grind the flax seeds first thing before adding other ingredients to effectively break them up, I've found 2 teaspoons of whole seeds become about 1 tablespoon ground flax meal.
  • semcadam
    semcadam Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I make the most delicious baked oatmeal! I combine 40 g old-fashioned oats, 1/8 tsp baking powder, 1 egg white (typically around 35 g), 50-60 ml skim milk, a splash of vanilla, and 16 g natural peanut butter. Stir it all together, bake in a non-stick ramekin at 350 for 25-30 minutes. 284 calories of YUM. I typically eat this around 11 AM. I get up at 6 AM, so I start my day with one coffee with just skim milk and splenda, and a second coffee with diet Swiss Miss mix and skim milk (around 50 calories total).