Anyone has thyroid and lost?

Options
2»

Replies

• Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're not taking anything else with your thyroid med, for at least an hour. (I take mine when the cat's automatic feeder goes off at 6 and then go back to sleep for an hour). That was what was messing me up- I was taking it with my allergy pill first thing in the morning, and my numbers just kept dropping. Moved my allergy pill to 'after breakfast' and my numbers started climbing again.

So u think when I wake up at 5am to take my dogs out I should take it?? Then around 8am when I get up I take the rest? Is better?

Yes. That's perfect.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,444 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're not taking anything else with your thyroid med, for at least an hour. (I take mine when the cat's automatic feeder goes off at 6 and then go back to sleep for an hour). That was what was messing me up- I was taking it with my allergy pill first thing in the morning, and my numbers just kept dropping. Moved my allergy pill to 'after breakfast' and my numbers started climbing again.

So u think when I wake up at 5am to take my dogs out I should take it?? Then around 8am when I get up I take the rest? Is better?

I think that what's truly vital is to be consistent. The instructions typically are to take it first thing in the morning before eating/drinking anything (other than ample water to take it with), then to wait one-half to one hour before eating or drinking anything substantial. Ideally, do that. Sleeping in between should be fine. (I usually do some stretching & yoga in that time, myself.)

Eating will change how it's absorbed into your body. If, over a period of months, you take it in a consistent way, and get your levels tested, and find they're consistently where they need to be, then you maybe don't want to mess with your routine.

If you're not being consistent as to timing & eating, then there's a decent chance your thyroid levels will not be well-controlled, possibly even if you test at a reasonable level on a particular date.
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

I think that what's truly vital is to be consistent. The instructions typically are to take it first thing in the morning before eating/drinking anything (other than ample water to take it with), then to wait one-half to one hour before eating or drinking anything substantial. Ideally, do that. Sleeping in between should be fine. (I usually do some stretching & yoga in that time, myself.)

Eating will change how it's absorbed into your body. If, over a period of months, you take it in a consistent way, and get your levels tested, and find they're consistently where they need to be, then you maybe don't want to mess with your routine.

If you're not being consistent as to timing & eating, then there's a decent chance your thyroid levels will not be well-controlled, possibly even if you test at a reasonable level on a particular date.

Thanks I will try this!!
  • peanutsbuddy
    peanutsbuddy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have Hashimotos disease which means my thyroid is off a lot. I have lost 43 Lbs in a year but I have kept it off. The last 20 for me has been very difficult but I am not giving up. Don't give up, it's possible. My health has gotten better so it's so worth it to continue trying.
  • sexymumma2015
    sexymumma2015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have had pcos n thyroid as much as a decade.and eating out was just adding on the kg's. What I have recently found out that having low carb high protein dinner is the clue for me.even tossing vegetables in olive oil with some cheese fills me up with vry less calories.so during day time I eat good like what I want and dinners are mostly moong dal chilla (it's a kind of green lentil easily available in India) and some broclli, pepers,cottage cheese tossed in olive oil. I have lost around 10 lbs in 2 mnths. Nothing special reduction in calories of any drastic changes.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    I have had pcos n thyroid as much as a decade.and eating out was just adding on the kg's. What I have recently found out that having low carb high protein dinner is the clue for me.even tossing vegetables in olive oil with some cheese fills me up with vry less calories.so during day time I eat good like what I want and dinners are mostly moong dal chilla (it's a kind of green lentil easily available in India) and some broclli, pepers,cottage cheese tossed in olive oil. I have lost around 10 lbs in 2 mnths. Nothing special reduction in calories of any drastic changes.

It's almost 4 am can't sleep and tummy is hungry!! That's sound yummy I will try it
  • fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm hypothyroid too. Levothyroxine and lost 83 pounds with 21 till my first goal.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    I'm hypothyroid too. Levothyroxine and lost 83 pounds with 21 till my first goal.

Congrats! How do u fight the Hungary ?
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Fyi... You should not be taking synthroid with any foods, meds, or vitamins at the same time, especially those with calcium. You should take synthroid on an empty stomach with a glass of water as soon as you wake up and wait at least 30 minutes before putting anything else in your mouth.
  • babybellyfat
    Options

Can I take vid b12 , with my synthroid ir just that alone and wait 1 hour?
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

yup... learned this once i switched endocrinologists. also no caffeine for at least an hour as well.
  • Daisies4Days
    Daisies4Days Posts: 76 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    You can lose, although it might take more work. I had my thyroid removed because of the big C. The first year was tough because my medicine had to be adjusted several times before I found the right level. I gained weight and had no energy to exercise- needing 14 hours of sleep. I have found success doing the following:
    1. Calories in/calories out- track your food. That said, don't eat crap.
    2. Take your meds. Make sure the dosage is correct.
    3. Sleep
    4. Exercise-your metabolism will thank you!
  • Bill_Sky
    Bill_Sky Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I took synthroid for 23 years and struggled to control my weight. In April of 2015 I started taking WP Thyroid and immediately started losing weight. I lost 10 lbs before I plateaued. I found that changing to the WP Thyroid also helped me increase my exercise intensity. Now I feel like I can exercise and control my diet and see the benifits. I not at my goal weight yet, but the MyFit app and my activity monitor are now helping stay the course.
  • cntrygrl1026
    cntrygrl1026 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm on levothyroxin pretty high dose. I had thyroid cancer. Removed thyroid, had cancer again. 5 surgeries, 4 radio-iodine treatments. 2 years ago I lost 30lbs. Started working a full time job, didn't take care of my needs and gained back 20. Decided I need to take care of me first. I've lost 8.2lbs in 8 weeks! Right
    on target I would say
  • ssmix
    ssmix Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi

I have Hashimoto's - developed thyroid problems during my first pregnancy. - So far I've lost 7 KG. I 've tried to lose in the past by following calorie restriction but eventually found that I couldn't lose and that my symptoms were always there. Over the past year I've done more reading about Hashi and have slowly made some dietary changes... first cutting out caffeine, soy, then gluten --- now I'm on AIP Paleo/ calorie restriction- and my symptoms are lessening by the day and like I said I'm losing.
    I've come to realize that this isn't going to be a quick fix for me and that I need to be very mindful of what my body is using for fuel.

It's hard. But it's worth it!
  • carolyn000000
    carolyn000000 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Make sure you have them check your t3 and t4. Keep your TSH around 1. You can lose weight, no problem if you are on the correct dose of medicine. I take 200 mcg.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    Fyi... You should not be taking synthroid with any foods, meds, or vitamins at the same time, especially those with calcium. You should take synthroid on an empty stomach with a glass of water as soon as you wake up and wait at least 30 minutes before putting anything else in your mouth.

Week I've been doing it wrong

• babybellyfat
    Options

Sleep is another problem of mine that I need to work on!!
    aut2run wrote: »
    You can lose, although it might take more work. I had my thyroid removed because of the big C. The first year was tough because my medicine had to be adjusted several times before I found the right level. I gained weight and had no energy to exercise- needing 14 hours of sleep. I have found success doing the following:
    1. Calories in/calories out- track your food. That said, don't eat crap.
    2. Take your meds. Make sure the dosage is correct.
    3. Sleep
    4. Exercise-your metabolism will thank you!

Sorry for the cancer part!! How do u know u have that?? I'm always afraid!!
    Bless u
    angb1026 wrote: »
    I'm on levothyroxin pretty high dose. I had thyroid cancer. Removed thyroid, had cancer again. 5 surgeries, 4 radio-iodine treatments. 2 years ago I lost 30lbs. Started working a full time job, didn't take care of my needs and gained back 20. Decided I need to take care of me first. I've lost 8.2lbs in 8 weeks! Right
    on target I would say

I'm vegetarian so soy is big part of my eating

ssmix wrote: »
    Hi

I have Hashimoto's - developed thyroid problems during my first pregnancy. - So far I've lost 7 KG. I 've tried to lose in the past by following calorie restriction but eventually found that I couldn't lose and that my symptoms were always there. Over the past year I've done more reading about Hashi and have slowly made some dietary changes... first cutting out caffeine, soy, then gluten --- now I'm on AIP Paleo/ calorie restriction- and my symptoms are lessening by the day and like I said I'm losing.
    I've come to realize that this isn't going to be a quick fix for me and that I need to be very mindful of what my body is using for fuel.

It's hard. But it's worth it!

• fattothinmum
    fattothinmum Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Congrats! How do u fight the Hungary ?[/quote]

Huge smoothies, medjool dates and dried mango is what works for me.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!