5'6-5'7 Ladies Goals

Options

Replies

• krbkrat
    krbkrat Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 36, 5'7" and medium frame. Was in 140s for a long time, then 160s, now hit my highest at 190.8. My goal is 135. Thanks everyone for posting on here! And good luck to those of you embarking now - and congrats to those who are losing or met their goal!
  • kabigelow
    kabigelow Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", I started around 230 and am now down to 187. My goal is 150 (I'll keep going if I can once I hit it though!)
  • liekewheeless
    liekewheeless Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    5'6.5" Started at 189lb, went down to 132, gained back to 160. I went to fast the first time. I'm trying to go a little slower this time. 135lb is my ideal. I look to thin in the face lower than that. (may also have been cause I went to fast). I think my frame is medium to wide.

The wrist test doesn't work for me, it puts me on small frame and my shoulders and hips don't agree with that one bit. I'm a size 6 at 135, but my chest and ribs would be more comfortable in an 8. Size 12 at 160 size 10 at 150 and size 8 at 145 ish.

Hope that's helpful.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Some of you might like this site:

http://whatwillilooklike.com/#2ywpqg

You can filter by sex, height & weight to get a visual of what you might look like at a certain weight.

Yeah, so there went nearly an hour. Very fascinating how differently people carry their weight. Some ladies look really good near the upper range, while some look good near the lower range.
  • AnkeH82
    AnkeH82 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6, currently 143 lbs, slight build ( wrist test my fingers overlap) and want to weigh approx 122lbs. My starting weight 145 lbs...
  • mrs_madison_keane
    mrs_madison_keane Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    5'7 (small frame)
    24 years old
    Starting Weight: 186
    Current Weight: 120
    Goal Weighf: 117
  • amorthee
    amorthee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8! Close enough! Start weight 204, current weight 183.5 goal 155!
  • rmntrose2
    rmntrose2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and weigh 179 now. I'm aiming for about 160 to 155. I did the wrist test and It shows me as a medium to small frame. But I have gotten down to 150 and was told many times that I looked too skinny. I did measurements and my 0% fat weight is in the 120s (123 I believe) I was in the military for 8 years as a firefighter. Granted I didn't see a lot of fires but I did a lot of training with heavy equipment and maintained heavy equipment almost daily for many of those years. So I do have some muscle. When I tell people my weight they don't believe it. I have even had people guess and they usually are way low.I weigh like a man I believe for my height but I could be wrong. So I am also curious as to what other women of my heights weights are. Maybe I'm small framed with a good bit of muscle or possibly medium framed with medium muscle idk really.
  • sara243
    sara243 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 140. I used to really fit in my 20's and was 130. I was up to 189 last year and am down 10 lbs. still a long way to go. Looking for friends along this journey. I'm 35, married, and a beginning runner.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    5'7.5" Medium frame based on the wrist test, but people always tell me I have a "delicate" frame so I don't know. I've been at maintenance for years now at around 130-135, same as I was in high school a couple of decades ago. That seems like the sweet spot for me in terms of health. I look fine at a higher weight, but once I get up into the 140's, my cholesterol and blood pressure start to get stupid. I've always been physically active regardless of my weight, so exercise isn't the issue. My doctor says I'm one of those "lucky" people whose body needs to stay on the leaner side to stay healthy. Runs in the family. Some people can be a little overweight and have great numbers. Not me. I can't even be average... :(
  • awsb06
    awsb06 Posts: 9 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm 5'7", medium frame & started this journey at 185. My first goal is 150.

After I see how that looks (I say after because I'm determined to do this!), I'll see if I want to go down any farther.

I'm only a little less than a month in so my CW is 178.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    5'7" and looking to get around 140 I think. I'll decide when I get there if I'm happy with the results or not.
  • SacredCoffee
    SacredCoffee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" - started at 320 in August and now at 244.4 lbs (a little over 6 months, lost 75.6 lbs). I'm aiming for 160-180 lbs, then will see how I feel when I get there.
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    rmntrose2 wrote: »
    I'm 5'7" and weigh 179 now. I'm aiming for about 160 to 155. I did the wrist test and It shows me as a medium to small frame. But I have gotten down to 150 and was told many times that I looked too skinny. I did measurements and my 0% fat weight is in the 120s (123 I believe) I was in the military for 8 years as a firefighter. Granted I didn't see a lot of fires but I did a lot of training with heavy equipment and maintained heavy equipment almost daily for many of those years. So I do have some muscle. When I tell people my weight they don't believe it. I have even had people guess and they usually are way low.I weigh like a man I believe for my height but I could be wrong. So I am also curious as to what other women of my heights weights are. Maybe I'm small framed with a good bit of muscle or possibly medium framed with medium muscle idk really.

I think we have a similar build. I am currently 172 lbs and wear a size 10. I think I am a medium build because my fingers touch but I have pretty small and rounded shoulders (pear shaped). My ideal weight would be 155-160 and even at the low 150's I was told quite often I was too thin. I was a size 6 at that weight. When I get to 165 I will reassess then. I lift pretty heavy so I think that has a lot to do with it.
  • heatherdear18
    heatherdear18 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.6 , I had a baby in May and gained a ton of weight. Left me at 220lbs, I now weigh 154lbs and my goal is 135. According to the wrist test, I am medium build.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    Here's a frame size calculator that includes the elbow measurement: http://www.myfooddiary.com/Resources/frame_size_calculator.asp

And more info about measuring the wrist: http://www.timigustafson.com/2009/what-is-your-frame-size-s-m-l-xl/
  • spacepony
    spacepony Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    5'7" here, medium frame. My whole adult life I've yo-yo'd from 145-165, with 150 being my "happy weight".

I let myself go (mostly due to anxiety/depression, tons of sugar and alcohol & no exercise) for about 2 years and ballooned up to 181 by Nov 2014. I immediately got on the MFP wagon, and dropped down to 131 by July 2015! 131 was teetering on TOO small, though, I was beginning to look kinda sick (some people wouldn't even comment on my weight loss it scared them so much). So I gained a little back (that part was fun!) now I float between 135-140 on maintenance.

I find it really interesting what clothing size we all are even at similar weights. I'm a US size 4, but I also have no bum or tatas (and for this reason I think I look a million times better at a smaller weight).
  • sweets1973
    sweets1973 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    5'7 starting weight 210 current weight 166 goal weight 140
  • walkjem
    walkjem Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My first post! I'm 5'6, medium frame. Size 8. Mid 50's. Highest weight 159, cw 150. Goal about 140-145.

I was slim my whole life until menopause. Yeah. Gained 20 pds in 7 years. I started running sprints and lifting weights 15 years ago and never go more than a few days without exercise. So, not sure how much I should lose. I don't want to lose muscle or look old, lol.
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    For those of you wondering, a simple way to measure your frame size is to wrap your fingers around your wrist. If your fingers don't meet, you are likely a large frame. If they meet, you are likely more medium frame size and if they overlap, you are likely a small frame. There is a fancier (and more reliable, probably) way to do this and involves measuring your wrist and forearm and plugging it into a calculator but for me the wrist test is just fine :)

It doesn't work if you have really long fingers plus big hands. I get overlap and my wrist is 6.75 inches. I am 5'6", large frame. I wear a men's medium glove (women's XL gloves are usually too narrow), size 11 women's shoes. I am currently at 44% body fat and my goal is 30% (I am 50 years old). 30% would put me into the ideal category for my age.