Does anyone have the new electronic water bottles?

Options
Hi all I just came across this Connected Hydration Bottle with Smart Lid - Teal
By thermas brand not sure if this a good one but I just seen there are many kinds.. Which one is the best one out there?
http://youtu.be/Sco8uygOZvA

Replies

• babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Can't choose which is best eeek
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    Need help plz
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Just drink water - you don't actually need to track how much water you take.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Seriously? These things exist?

But why?

Why would I want a drinking receptacle to play music, have bluetooth, a microphone?

Even the temperature - surely you can tell from drinking if it's hot or cold enough
    And the hydration? - you check your urine colour

I am amazed .. and actually somewhat delighted that these exist

It makes the world a little more interesting
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

But why?

Why would I want a drinking receptacle to play music, have bluetooth, a microphone?

Even the temperature - surely you can tell from drinking if it's hot or cold enough

I had a water bottle shaped thonk that was a bluetooth speaker - it was intended to replace a bottle on a bike. So I can see how it might make sense in terms of portability of a speaker. Measuring how much water I drink? Not so much....

It looked like this:

image33.png
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    Asshattery of the highest order.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Um no I have better things to use $60 on. But my favorite water bottle Is a camelback which if you buy one with a filter is 25 or you buy the backpack type thing it gets in the 100 range. I have my phone for the water app and music so really those features not necessary.
  • liftsalltheweights
    Options
    LOL over the fact that someone actually needs a gadget like this to help them drink water!
  • echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Is it April 1 already?
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Come on, guys. Don't be rude. Maybe she needs a little boost to help her up her water intake and a fancy new gadget will do that. I think it's great and if you want one get it. And I think the blue one is awesome @babybellyfat
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    The reason for getting a bottle like his to motivate me to drinking water. I don't never drink enough water and then I get light head etc. I don't like water so maybe this Will help.. Just like my Fitbit help me get up each day to workout!! I don't care for the music but something that can push me to drink.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    katkat1717 wrote: »
    Come on, guys. Don't be rude. Maybe she needs a little boost to help her up her water intake and a fancy new gadget will do that. I think it's great and if you want one get it. And I think the blue one is awesome @babybellyfat

Thanks for understanding Hun!!
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    If you have the money and it interests you go for it. I already think my Bubba mugs that are 15-20 dollars for the big ones are a lot of money but, I love them because from what I have tried they keep the water coldest the longest. I use to work in a very hot factory so that was very important.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The reason for getting a bottle like his to motivate me to drinking water. I don't never drink enough water and then I get light head etc. I don't like water so maybe this Will help.. Just like my Fitbit help me get up each day to workout!! I don't care for the music but something that can push me to drink.

Drink flavoured water?

If getting light headed doesn't prompt you to drink more I don't see how a fancy bottle will?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options

If you don't like water then drink something else. Seriously, you need a bottle to tell you not to dehydrate yourself? What the heck?
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter what the rest of us think. Only matters which one will actually help you. Personally, I think this is a case of making something simple overly complicated. I'd just start adding slices of lemons or limes or cucumbers or whatever to your water to make it more palatable. Cheaper and tasty!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

But why?

I had a water bottle shaped thonk that was a bluetooth speaker - it was intended to replace a bottle on a bike. So I can see how it might make sense in terms of portability of a speaker. Measuring how much water I drink? Not so much....

It looked like this:

image33.png

Oh lord, people riding around on their bikes with bluetooth speakers. I'm glad this is from 2010 and still hasn't caught on.
  • ModernRock
    ModernRock Posts: 372 Member
    Options

No, no. That won't do at all. Pee into that bottle at the end of the day and it'll analyze your hydration level and play an appropriate jingle based on how you did. Just be sure to wash it out before morning.