Want them. Have no eggs. Sadness.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    my mom makes the best
  • TamzFit777
    TamzFit777 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Too bad they don't make deviled egg whites because deviled eggs = calories, calories, calories.
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    TamzFit777 wrote: »
    Yummy! Too bad they don't make deviled egg whites because deviled eggs = calories, calories, calories.

Not deviled egg whites, but definitely not "calories, calories, calories," plus the addition of avocado adds some good fats to the dish. Of course, you can always use the yolks of just four of the eggs and cut the calories even more.

Avocado Devil Eggs Recipe
    (makes 6)

6 hard boiled eggs
    1/2 ripe avocado
    juice of 1/2 lemon
    2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
    salt to taste

Cut eggs in half and remove yolks. Mash avocado and yolks in a small bowl and squeeze in the lemon half. Add salt to taste and spoon into egg whites. Enjoy!

For one egg (2 halves) = 91 calories, 6.9 fat, 1.9 g carbohydrates, 6.0 g protein, 1.2 g fiber, 109 mg sodium, 2 Points+

Points values are calculated by Snack Girl and are provided for information only.
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Never had them, weird I know. I see them at potlucks, just never tried them.
  • chewyxrage
    chewyxrage Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Good post instantmartian.

I make some very delicious, very simple ones by adding miracle whip and mustard to the yolks. Then I top them with an olive slice, tomatoes, peppers, etc. They don't have to be calorific. Unless you're eating 20 at a time :)
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    mmmm...sooo fattening, soooo good!
  • MaggieAustin15
    MaggieAustin15 Posts: 249 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    My devil eggs recipe

6 boiled eggs halfed and deyolked
    1/2 cup ranch
    3 tsp stone ground mustard
    a few drops of hot sauce whatever kind you want
    chopped cucumber
    salt
    pepper
    paprika on top for looks and taste

mix everything together in big bowl one scoop in each egg anything left over makes a nice spread sandwhich sprinkle paprika on top and I always put a little in the mixture as well
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    yes please
  • instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    chewyxrage wrote: »
    Good post instantmartian.

I make some very delicious, very simple ones by adding miracle whip and mustard to the yolks. Then I top them with an olive slice, tomatoes, peppers, etc. They don't have to be calorific. Unless you're eating 20 at a time :)

Thanks, @chewyxrage. Your way is actually my favorite way to make/eat deviled eggs. Go team Miracle Whip! :smile:
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Special occasions
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    The only way I will eat eggs, most of the time. I have a new recipe, once stuffed, the eggs are pan seared (yolk side down.) Simple, but oh so good!x7v81tngk0bs.jpg