124»

Replies

• Sarah0003
    Sarah0003 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Beer drinker and hell raiser here. Make it fit. My favorite is

nhtzmjoulpv9.png

This is also one of my favorites. I do love the grapefruit variety, and scooped up a sixer of the pineapple sculpin a couple weeks ago. I have been saving those for sunnier days. The beer place we regularly frequent has had the watermelon sculpin on tap off and on for while, but I haven't managed to catch it yet. Living in Seattle means there are hoppy IPAs everywhere you turn, which makes staying under on calories tricky sometimes. Oh well!

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Anything hoppy!
  • AngelinaB_
    AngelinaB_ Posts: 563 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    johnboy916 wrote: »
    I was unsuccessful with trying to include beer into my diet..... so, I started drinking whiskey. Jameson that is.......... Good luck!

Nice! I like my cocktails and beers and tonight I am drinking. I hope I won't pass too much my calories and it's also ok if I do. I can make it up tomorrow.
  • blakeym
    blakeym Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Four beers a day, and that's all you can have, you will be hungry.
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I'm with @asboland7 - so happy to find this thread! I'm a lover of craft beer and my husband makes some awesome homebrew! Check out our new website www.1350brewing.com - it's our newest project. Craft beer has taken us a lot of adventures and love them all! Now that our keezer is complete and up and running we have 3 beers on tap at all times. Whcih lead me to my problem - Still trying to find a balance between my love of the hop and my dislike of the weight I can't seem to get rid of b/c of my love for the hops! It's great to see others on here with the same passion we have for beer.

I'm getting on untappd to add you all! B)
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Drink good beer...never had a big issue fitting in a pint during a given day. Now if I go silly (like on the weekend) and have 7 or 8 pints...then that's just going to be a bad day. In the end, it doesn't really impact the weightloss if it is only once every few weeks or month.

As a rule, I just get several beers from the Amsterdam Brewery here in Toronto...like boneshaker.
  • bartcal
    bartcal Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I love craft beer and have one shelf in my refrigerator taken up by them. I also started home brewing, so no, I won't be giving up my beer. I do drink in moderation and not every single night. I log them all though and take their calories into account when deciding how much or what to sip. If I know I'm going to have more than one that night, I really watch my snack cals during the day and try to get in a bit of a longer walk.

I really like the Stone Milk Stout and the Modern Times Coffee Stout.
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I adore craft beer. I just got the untappd app on Friday, so I've only logged 2 beers so far. Feel free to add me. I'm on there as enterdanger too. I was at a beer tasting at total wine when someone told me about untappd. It was great $10 for 12 pours, coupons, and the head brewer from Tall Tales in Maryland was there.

There is no one particular style of beer I prefer. I like to drink seasonally appropriate beers. Right now I'm all about porters and stouts but I'm slowly switching over to saisons, belgian styles, and wheaty stuff for the spring. Come summer I like an IPA or session as much as the rest of them.

I've thought about home brewing but I don't know about the smell...My brother home brews and for 2-3 days his house reeks. Also, I heard there is a very bad hop shortage. I'd be pretty disappointed if I had to use an inferior ingredient.
  • sheltrk
    sheltrk Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I love a good beer, and partake several times per week. I really like a local Imperial IPA which is probably in the neighborhood of ~300 calories for a 12 oz bottle. I find myself spending extra time on an elliptical to fit my beer habit into my calorie goals! :D