2»

Replies

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    You are onto something, northstar. :)
  • rats2010
    rats2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Dear Food,

The mind hunger for you is excruciating sometimes. All consuming, even waking me in the night (or day as it may be) from sleep. I'm learning to see past those cravings though, slowly. Listening to my stomach instead of the visions of milkshakes and cookies and pasta dancing in my head. Learning that presentation isn't always everything as long as you nourish me is a concept my head does not like. Our relationship has went from "rocky road" to a more "green pastures" fashion.. and I hope it continues to get better.

I can't live without you but I don't want to continue to live FOR you either.

Yours Truly,

Not So Hungry Now
  • Karmc2k
    Karmc2k Posts: 98 Member
    rats2010 wrote: »

My sentiments exactly.
  • JamIsSticky
    JamIsSticky Posts: 1 Member
    Dear Food,

I'm not sure when our relationship became as unhealthy as it currently is. I take responsibility, I need to, so that I can move on and change. You have shifted from something nourishing and life giving to something that could ultimately become life taking.
    It's like you have become my dirty little secret. My view of you is now skewed and distorted and your power is both seductive and terrifying.

I know we can get that healthy relationship back. I know I need to embrace mindfulness so that I can differentiate between what our relationship really is rather than what the addicted part of my brain tells me it is.

I can do this. I will find peace.

Love Me.
  • Karmc2k wrote: »
    rats2010 wrote: »

My sentiments exactly.

Agreed. That's a good way of looking at it!
  • TheSunAndTheRainfall
    TheSunAndTheRainfall Posts: 82 Member
    edited February 2016
    Dear Food,

You have been making me feel great recently! I've been energetic, sated, and generally healthy!
    Then, last night, you waved a huge, greasy meal in my face, and whispered in my ear; "Wouldn't it be nice to treat yourself to just a little part of this?" Half an hour later and it was all gone. Today I feel sluggish and generally bleh.

You are a superb servant, but dammit, you're a poor master. I think I'll keep you in the servant's quarters from now on.
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Dear food,

It's nice to now savor and taste you. Not wonder how much I can eat of that bag of chips or chocolate.

I still enjoy a treat here and there, but that's the difference. I actually enjoy you. I don't feel guilty. I eat to fuel me, and my meals are within my own power to control.

Food... I'm going to make you work for me because I'm worth it.

--With new respect

Samantha
  • northstar57
    northstar57 Posts: 18 Member
    Dear Food,

You have been making me feel great recently! I've been energetic, sated, and generally healthy!
    Then, last night, you waved a huge, greasy meal in my face, and whispered in my ear; "Wouldn't it be nice to treat yourself to just a little part of this?" Half an hour later and it was all gone. Today I feel sluggish and generally bleh.

You are a superb servant, but dammit, you're a poor master. I think I'll keep you in the servant's quarters from now on.[/
    ote]
  • northstar57
    Ah, after binge watching Downtown Abbey I too can share these sentiments. Bravo! :#
  • northstar57
    Dear Food, I did a mindfulness exercise the other day (free mindfulness.com) and realized that I have a harg time getting enough air because of the torso weight I carry around. This drives a low hum of anxiety, which usually drives me to over eat...which makes me gain/keep weight on that I want to DUMP! So...I have a new insight and a new sense of resolution. I want to breathe easily, have energy, and hurt less. Someday, you will be something that contributes to my health rather than my daily challenge. Thanks for a good breakfast.
  • northstar57
    Dear Food, Thanks for the healthy day. I seem to have lost my sweet tooth. It can be difficult to break a thought habit but I feel like the mindfulness exercise s are giving me a new tool to help me rearrange my relationship with you. I will not quit trying to finally unravel this issue! I deserve a healthy life. You will finally be appreciated by me for the right reasons. With Deep Respect, northstar
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Dear Food, Today we were friends. You nourished my body so that I could study with a clear mind, haul in two days worth of firewood, kindly care for the chickens, turkey, fish & cat, and hike out back to put out honey for the wild critters. I felt good and listened to the thoughts and heartbeat that YOU gave me the power to have. Yup, today it felt like we were in partnership. I feel a deep sense of wonder at the way Nature mixes Her forces within me to form a conscious being who is aware of Her. I guess that makes even eating a sacred ritual. Blessed Be! I'm looking forward to making more natural magic tomorrow. Love, northstar

Blessed be! This is a great thread!