Longest time spent being single?

13»

Replies

• Angela937
    Angela937 Posts: 514 Member
    I was single the first 15 years of my life. Then I met a guy, dated then married him at 18. I've known my husband for half my life time!
  • anndelaney67
    anndelaney67 Posts: 35 Member
    bflatimer wrote: »
    I was fine living single after my wife passed four years ago, but then my mom passed away from breast cancer two years ago and my dad died of a sudden stroke this December. Even though my parents lived far from me, losing both of them put me in a strang and lonely place. I sometimes wonder if I died if anyone would truly miss me. Wow this is an awful subject who started this thread?
  • anndelaney67
    anndelaney67 Posts: 35 Member
    ]I was fine living single after my wife passed four years ago, but then my mom passed away from breast cancer two years ago and my dad died of a sudden stroke this December. Even though my parents lived far from me, losing both of them put me in a strang and lonely place. I sometimes wonder if I died if anyone would truly miss me. Wow this is an awful subject who started this thread?[/quote]

im so sorry to hear off all your loses , ive been single 5yrs after losing my hubby off 23yrs ,not sure how i would cope if lost both my parents hope things get better for you.
  • Scamd83
    Scamd83 Posts: 808 Member
    socalkay wrote: »
    If you can't be happy for their happiness, get off of social media.

No, being happy for others is not a requirement of being on social media. Deleting/hiding stuff you aren't interested in is so easy. Hiding away from having a profile that you obviously wanted in the first place because you don't like what someone posts is silly.
  • derkin2005
    derkin2005 Posts: 282 Member
    The first 15 years of my life. After that 8 months.
  • provencal73
    provencal73 Posts: 1,275 Member
    Be single and enjoy life, not enough people take the time to find themselves and be happy alone.
  • cyberpunkme
    cyberpunkme Posts: 44 Member
    Scamd83 wrote: »
    It's weird because I see all this and it's like everyone else lives in this different world from me and I'm supposed to want to be part of it. But I don't get it at all.

been single and celibate for 8yrs. i feel like im on another planet.
  • Shyness40
    Shyness40 Posts: 3,430 Member
    I don't really even know what it feels like to be single. I met my husband when I was 17 and we've been together since (I will be 40 tomorrow). Even though I love my husband, I wish I would have taken the time to be single, date more, and just focus on me first. I feel like I missed out on some things. So, I do kind of envy single people.
  • mikejdeleon85
    mikejdeleon85 Posts: 81 Member
    a couple hours lol
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    21.5 years. Married since 1977, June.
  • jo_madre
    jo_madre Posts: 875 Member
    First 19 years of my life.
  • LENOX260
    LENOX260 Posts: 2 Member
    been single my whole life, 35 years.
  • Sirius66TheBeat
    Sirius66TheBeat Posts: 72 Member
    edited February 2016
    After my divorce in May 2004, I didn't go on my first date until November 2006...but my longest single streak was when me and my one GF broke up in April 2010..didn't go on another date until May 2013 (still with the same woman...a record for me)

Why i say "single" I mean no dates, no sex. I was fine with it. I'm kind of a loner anyway and like being by myself. After some big fights with the GF I envy my bro who just dates around and doesn't commit. Answers to no one. The minute a woman he's seeing annoys him he ends it.