Does anybody know any exercises/workouts that burn a lot of calories and don't need equipment?

Options
13»

Replies

• bikertrashbroc
    bikertrashbroc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Find a good hill or some stairs and go up and down it. A run will burn a lot, but so will walking it if you do it enough. The harder the incline, the better workout.
  • jenniferpiotrowski0
    Options
    Xbox fitness have good workouts..I have the app on my Xbox one and I do mossa fight and mossa groove workouts. They require only your bodyweight
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    rseneca724 wrote: »
    Not everyone can run. I would love to because I know it is great cardio, but shin splints tell me "hell no you better not!"

Actually, shin splint are usually telling you to take it easier or get better shoes.
  • RollTideTri
    RollTideTri Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    peter56765 wrote: »
    Not everyone can run. I would love to because I know it is great cardio, but shin splints tell me "hell no you better not!"

Actually, shin splint are usually telling you to take it easier or get better shoes.

^^^ This exactly. Shin splints are almost always from going too fast or too long before your legs are ready for it. I got em BAD when I first started. Then a friend convinced me to run super slow for a few weeks to build up, and they were banished forever. (the shin splints, not the friend :smile: )
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    walking
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    peter56765 wrote: »

Yep. Anyone who is reasonably healthy and doesn't have severe structural issues can run. Shin splints are comparable to extreme DOMS, they usually mean a person got too enthusiastic and did too much too soon.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Running, walking or hiking require only shoes if you have somewhere convenient and safe to do them. If you have to travel somewhere then some type of vehicle is needed.

Calisthenics require nothing extra. Most can even be done barefoot.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    sault_girl wrote: »
    Snowshoeing!

How would you do this without equipment (snowshoes). And, of course, snow.
  • ymarq84
    ymarq84 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Once again running, but also try fasted cardio a few times per week, Google fasted cardio. :smiley:
  • mankars
    mankars Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    ....a good partner for a sweaty romp in the bed? ;-)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    KANGOOJUMPS of course.
  • JDubbs2
    JDubbs2 Posts: 3,789 Member
    Options
    running?
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,932 Member
    Options
    Stair climbing.

I climb 30-40 flights a day 5 days a week.
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Insanity/insanity max 30