I'm SO frustrated!

Options
Frustrated and suffering from Groundhog Day (I'm making reference to the fact that every day I get up and I swear nothing has changed and I'm living the same day over and over like the movie). I am so not new to losing weight (or gaining for that matter) but I am trying to find my 'enough is enough' motivation again and I am severely struggling with that.

I have had 70-80lbs to lose for longer than I care to admit. It isn't about the number, I know this but I can't even stand to look at myself in a mirror! Every thing fits like crap, I don't want to buy *bigger* clothes. I'm destined to spend forever in my track pants and hoodie sweaters.

UGH...I'm so frustrated!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Don't be frustrated, log everyday. Good or bad! You can do this!
  • Je_suis
    Je_suis Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Welcome, I am new here too! I have the same Groundhog day issues; except I call in goldfish in a bowl. I have, for the last couple months been amping up my workouts and beginning to watch what I eat and I am totally ready to be accountable to my self for my self!
  • kristidove
    kristidove Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Just make small steps. Your body will respond and you won't notice it. It won't get easier you'll get stronger and you'll be on your way!
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Frustrated and suffering from Groundhog Day (I'm making reference to the fact that every day I get up and I swear nothing has changed and I'm living the same day over and over like the movie). I am so not new to losing weight (or gaining for that matter) but I am trying to find my 'enough is enough' motivation again and I am severely struggling with that.

I have had 70-80lbs to lose for longer than I care to admit. It isn't about the number, I know this but I can't even stand to look at myself in a mirror! Every thing fits like crap, I don't want to buy *bigger* clothes. I'm destined to spend forever in my track pants and hoodie sweaters.

UGH...I'm so frustrated!

start by liking who you see in the mirror just as you are. the person you are is awesome because you are making a really cool commitment to get your act together. give yourself a break and a bit of credit. be patient with yourself as you make one small improvement at a time. make a commitment to log for five days in a row. then ten. then 21. then keep going. make that your new groundhog day :) you got this :)
  • 1Nana2many
    1Nana2many Posts: 172 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    reallyneurotic: When I was raising my children and they were getting very negative, I used to tell them they needed to value themselves, especially when the rest of the people around them were so willing to devalue them. As a person who is over-weight, I know how very easy it is to feel like a failure and to feel like nothing is going to change. Knowing nothing about your life, I can't say anything specific about your place in life other then this: YOU ARE WORTH THE EFFORT! You CAN make a commitment to yourself to log every bite you eat every day. Be honest. The only person who is really paying close attention to your food is you! Make a promise to yourself to move a little more today then you did yesterday, every day. Get a food scale. Walmart sells them for less then $15.00. Weigh everything! Learn what a real serving size is. You can eat any food that fits in your calories. Drink the water, it helps with the hunger pangs between meals. And what's wrong with feeling a little hungry once in a while? YOU CAN DO THIS! You just have to make the commitment to begin. How about tomorrow? Every day's a new day!
  • DeanaSpencer
    DeanaSpencer Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Keep working at it! Pick three simple things that you know will improve your health (such as drink more water, add one more vege/fruit per day, exercise?) Dont try and eliminate a lot of things (you'll get discouraged), try and add good habits and I think you'll start to see some changes :)
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Diary not open but look at things closely and you will usually see where your downfall is. Too much fat, carbs, sodium etc. Be careful of pre-packed foods, can foods or items high in sodium as leads to bloatness and retention. Be honest to your logging and portions of everything. Exercise daily and with both there will have to be positive results! My personal opinion is to stick to the B's as my daddy called it... Broiled, boiled and baked or bbq'd and stay clear of fried or processed foods as much as possible. This does help. Stick to healthy proteins and fresh foods and monitor your carbs or try to eat them earlier in the day or in moderate portions to fuel your body and burn them off. Switch things up a bit so your body doesn't get used to your workouts and to speed up your metabolism. Drink lots of water. Hope this helps.
  • svrover
    svrover Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    inch by inch
    step by step
    day by day
    lb by lb you can achieve all your goals!
  • kristinhowell
    kristinhowell Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Learn to love yourself right now. Know that all the work you're going to put into your body and your health is because you love yourself and you deserve to be healthy and happy. Take it one step at a time, and don't give up. And don't beat yourself up if you fall - we all fall sometimes. It doesn't mean you failed, it means your human, and sometimes it's hard and sometimes you just want to enjoy life.
  • carinapamilar
    carinapamilar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in the same spot