This Could Help All of Us :-)

Options

Replies

• cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,427 Member
    Options
    Coffee with splenda
    Thomas light English muffin with 1 T almond butter (usually have bread but I'm out of my bread)
    water
    eat the above pre-workout and the following after the workout

1/2 cup egg whites scrambled
    2 slices low sodium Oscar Meyer turkey bacon
    water

I pretty much eat this every day. The variable is the breakfast meat-sometimes I'll have 4 pieces Canadian Bacon or 2 pre-cooked JImmy Dean turkey sausage patties.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    2 eggs scrambled with 1/2 oz cheddar (or other cheese)
    1 slice wheat toast with coconut oil
    1/2 orange
  • RissaDean
    RissaDean Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    homemade breakfast taco (221 cal):

1 la bandarita rica tortilla (cheapest and best tortillas I've ever found!)
    1 scrambled egg (with cumin and chile powder)
    1/2 oz Owens sausage
    1/4 oz monterey jack cheese

I made 4 of these last night in about 30 minutes (including cleanup) and then wrapped them individually in foil. This AM while I was drying my hair, I popped one in the oven - still in the foil - and it came out delicious :)

Random cheese note - if you LOVE cheese like I do, try using the tiny/super fine side of your box grater. It make the cheese super fluffy, and you end up not using as much. Also it melts faster into whatever you're adding it to.
  • wnw64
    wnw64 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    A few Sundays back. I wanted some scrambled eggs, not the typical weekend cheerios.... and I also wanted some toast to go with it. In the past, I would have had 3 full scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese & 2 or 3 buttered white toast slices. When I checked MFP for calories, I was horrified! It was way over the typical 310 calories for my typical 2cups of cheerios with 1 cup of 1% milk. Instead, I used MFP to calculate as egg breakfast of reasonable caloric content...
    - 1 egg (with yolk for color & flavor, need it, sorry...)
    - 2 eggs (just the whites)
    - 1 table spoon of romano cheese
    - 2 whole wheat slices (lightly buttered)

And guess what? It was actually less calories (approx 292), than my typical boring cheerios, it tasted great, and was very satisfying - awesome !!!!

Just goes to show you knowledge is truly power & less filling !!!
  • Bristle82
    Bristle82 Posts: 100
    Options
    I had 50g of crunchy oat clusters with tropical fruit
    100ml semi skimmed milk
    and a cup of tea

:)
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    1 oz of Swiss cheese and 2 cups of chocolate milk
  • haydensmommy30
    Options
    Oh wow you guys are awesome!!!! I posted this only a few minutes ago and already have lots of replies and everyone has great breakfast ideas!! Thank you sooo much. Keep checking back to see if there are any added breakfast menues.

P.S. I'm super excited now!! I have the biggest smile on my face and happy tears in my eyes!! (Yeah I'm a bit goofy) But to me all these post are great support and that means a lot to me!!

:happy: :love: :flowerforyou: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • Newnanax3
    Newnanax3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    This is a favorite of mine, 1/3 cup Egg Beaters to make an omelet. Then I break up one slice of pepper jack cheese in it for some kick. Along with this a 16 oz bottle of water or cup of coffee with almond milk. Keeps me filled for quite awhile :)
  • ktndj82104
    ktndj82104 Posts: 85
    Options
    100% whole what english muffin
    reduced fat peanut butter
    cinnamon
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    This is a new breakfast I have been trying this week and love!

Homemade fruit and yogurt parfait - 1 c regular vanilla yogurt, 2 strawberry's sliced, handful blueberries, 1/3 c flax granola vanilla and almond - super yummy!
    1 banana
    345 calories
  • thin4life67
    thin4life67 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    during the week at work I have oatmeal with a banana cut up in it. On the weekend I like scrambled eggs w/ff cheese and some veggies.
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I made oatmeal with cinnamon, raisins, and 1/2 packet of Stevia. Yummy and filling....plus the oatmeal is great for keeping my milk supply up for my nursling :)
  • Chrissy2627
    Options
    This is my usual breakfast:
    1/2 Cup Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Yogurt
    3 Sliced Strawberries
    7 Raspberries
    1/4 Cup Bear Naked Fruit and Nut Granola
    = 214 Calories

This makes a good homemade fruit and yogurt parfait. I eat it for snacks sometimes too.
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    1 Thomas' Hearty Grain Whole Wheat English Muffin
    1 Egg (cooked with an easy microwave "fried" egg maker)
    1/2 slice Kraft 2% low fat cheese

213 cals 14g Protein 3g Fiber

nom nom!!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    This morning I had

Smucker's - Natural Peanut Butter - Creamy, 1 Tbsp
    Boca - Sausage Links (meatless), 1 Link
    Thomas - English Muffin-Betterstart Triple Health, 1 muffin

for 235 calories.

Lately I've really been on an oatmeal kick but try to change it up a bit. :happy:
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup diced bell peppers
    1 thin slice diced onion

sauteed in a tsp of EVOO

added to that:
    2 egg whites plus 1 egg

served with half a cup of mixed veggies left over from dinner last night and a slice of ezekiel bread

for my mid-morning meal i had a smoothie made of:

fresh pineapple
    lite coconut milk
    0% greek yogurt
    1/2 T agave nectar
    half a banana
    2 cups spinach

mmmmmm!!!!
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    This morning I mixed half a lite blueberry yogurt with about 1/2 cup fiber one cottage cheese (to add more protein), a handful of stawberries and blueberries, and about 1/3 cup of low fat granola. Mix together. Delish!
  • 67chevelleSS
    67chevelleSS Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Cup of Dannon Light and Fit Vanilla Yogurt
    1/4 cup of Bear Naked Fit Triple Berry Crunch Granola
    Cup (8 oz) of Tropicana OJ

340 cal. 65 carbs. 2g fat 11g protien
  • Corazon84
    Corazon84 Posts: 14
    Options
    Fruit and Maple Oatmeal
  • RiverInTheRoad
    Options
    Vegetable Omelet w/ Turkey Bacon

2 large eggs
    2 slices of turkey bacon
    1/2 white capped mushroom
    2 stalks of green onion
    1 slice - chopped red onion
    1 stick mozzarella cheese stick (I didn't add this today because I forgot but prefer it- I also strip the stick into a bunch of little strips then add)
    1/3 green bell pepper
    sprinkle dried basil over the whole thing

Cook the bacon first; while the bacon is cooking, chop up all the veggies and strip the mozzarella stick. When bacon is done, let it sit and cool. When the bacon is cool, strip the bacon into little pieces (you can choose to have the bacon whole separately but I like to just add it to the omelet). Go ahead and mix your eggs together, being sure to add a little bit of water and place in skillet. Let the egg cook a bit and when the bottom is well formed (the top should still have liquid) add all ingredients being sure to disperse evenly around the eggs. Let cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, flip and serve.

I also like to have a glass of 1 part Trader Joe's Unsweetened Green Tea and 3 parts water just as a nice healthy beverage in the morning (this tea does not have any calories). :)

Total Cals: 309
    Carbs: 11
    Fat: 19
    Protein: 20
    Sugar: 2