Coffee creamer substitutes that don't suck??

Options

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    bisky wrote: »
    So half and half would be equivalent of 1/2 milk and 1/2 single cream?

From what I can see it looks like your half and half max fat % = our single cream

USA
    18–30% Light cream, coffee cream, or table cream
    10.5–18% Half and half
    3.25% Whole milk or regular milk
    2% 2% milk or reduced fat milk

Our Creams are
    Single cream Contains no less than 18% milk fat )
    Double cream Contains no less than 48% milk fat
    Whipping cream Contains no less than 35% milk fat
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I don't know that it's necessarily a milkshake type drink, as there's only one or two ounces of creamer added to the cup of coffee. Unless it's a latte, which has loads of milk whipped with the espresso and is delicious. I could see freezing a latte and calling it a milkshake.

That being said I use sugar free vanilla flavored Coffeemate creamer and I measure it with a medicine cup, 2 tablespoons added to an 8 ounce coffee is a joy on these impossible cold days. Some people don't like sweeteners but I have no problem with them.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    Protein powder would work oddly enough.
  • Beploveshomer
    Beploveshomer Posts: 283 Member
    Options
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    The original Baileys Irish cream creamer is 30 cal/serv. I also get fat free half and half for 20 cal/2 tbsp, though I'm switching to 2 tbsp whole milk since that's what's on hand.
  • crystallee85
    crystallee85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I just purchased skinny syrup brand, in caramel. I bought it in Canada not sure where it's available otherwise. 0 cal 0 sugar. I drink coffee black but it adds enough flavour it might work for you.
  • Ajocal18
    Ajocal18 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black these days , after the first week I have learned to enjoy it that way. Creamer/sugar are just a waste of calories. To me I might as well drink pop or juice at that point, if im drinking calories better believe they contain alcohol.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I use Coffee Mate sugar free creamy chocolate. (the powdered kind) It's 30 calories for two teaspoons and I seem to need less of it than the other flavors.
  • melodyesch
    melodyesch Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I use half and half every day. I have between 1-2 cups of coffee and I went to look up the half and half calories because this thread kind of scared me into thinking I must not be logging correctly. Land O Lakes half and half is 2 TBS per serving and each serving is 40 cals. But one TBS is plenty for one normal mug of coffee (for me). Makes the coffee the color of Halle Berry's skin (perfect). So I'm between 20-40 calories, depending on if I have one or two cups. Maybe cut back to 1TBS per cup and try that?
  • Danimri84
    Danimri84 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I will never be able to drink black coffee. I've tried, and I can't. Before when I lost weight I was able to drink my coffee with vanilla almond milk and a drizzle of agave syrup. But now it is totally disgusting to me. I use too many calories on french vanilla coffeemate. I just can't find a good substitute.
  • sanrpn12
    sanrpn12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was using coffeemate original powdered which is only 10 cal per tsp. But unfortunately I like a lot of creamer in my coffee so that was about 50 calories for 2 cups of coffee. Tried to switch to almond milk (30 calories a cup) this week and I find that it does not act or taste like creamer in my coffee at all.
    So I'm doing almond milk plus a 1/2-3/4 tsp of the coffeemate and it's better.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    To answer your question, milk is pretty good.
    But unless you're under a Dr's close supervision, you really should be eating more than 1000 calories per day.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Fat free half & half is very creamy and only 20 calories for 2 TBSP. I use that with Splenda and I have a creamy, sweet, and low calorie cup of coffee.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I use 2 Tbsp. half & half and one packet of sugar in my morning coffee and it's pretty good. I've slowly been using less and less and it's going ok. If I drink a second cup I keep it black. Sometimes I like adding a tiny bit of vanilla flavoring to the second cup :D
  • chaoticdreams
    chaoticdreams Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I only drink one cup of coffee a day and use liquid coffemate. Most of them are only 35 cals or less. I have tried repeatedly to like coffee black, but just can't. I don't eat breakfast though, so I don't mind sometimes wasting a few calories with HWC and sugar free syrups with liquid splenda.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Milk.
    I agree. Don't know why that suugestion got flagged, though. I little splash of 2%/light milk (30 cals worth works for me), plus a near zero cal sweetener packet satisfies my tastebuds. And I'm a former "3 creams. 3 sugars gal".
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I use 1/2 tbs of Half & Half, and it's 11 calories. It doesn't even register on my daily radar. Are you having 4 cups of coffee or really using a lot of creamer? I have a K-Cup machine, and I make one 8 oz. cup of coffee with a Sweet N' Low packet and 1/2 tbs. of Half & Half and the whole thing comes out to 11 calories.

Maybe just find a lower calorie option? Coffee shouldn't set you back a ton...
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    International delight has a sugar free fat free creamer that I love. 15 cals per tbsp
  • TuesdayLucero
    TuesdayLucero Posts: 85 Member
    Options

I second this. I recently switched to coconut milk creamer. I use the plain kind, and it's 10 calories/TBSP so about half the calories of a normal creamer. There is a hint of the coconut flavor, but you can barely tell it's there.