What is your go-to breakfast?

Options

Replies

• Herb937
    Herb937 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My go to breakfast is usually is a bowl of oatmeal & coffee (black) 280 cal total - if not that breakfast, the other is 3 eggs over medium well, 2 slices of bacon, 1 sausage link, 1/2 piece white toast, & coffee 400 cal total
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Any kind of protein is my favorite for the first meal of the day.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    today I had raisin toast with cream cheese. Sometimes I do frozen waffle (toasted) with almond butter, it's portable, also I like vanilla greek yogurt with pineapple. A quiche is a good way to get some eggs and veggies and can warm up a slice each day if you have a fridge and micro.
  • ipredictadiet_
    ipredictadiet_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs for me! I have a little routine for work days. I get out of bed and stick the kettle on to boil while I have a shower. When I get out of the shower, I put the eggs on to boil for 6 minutes while I dry my hair. I then replace the hot water with cold (off the hob) and leave it while I finish getting ready. I grab the eggs from the cold water as I leave the house. It's a military operation, but I start work early and missing breakfast is no joke! If I have time, I usually peel and eat them at the train station but if not, I'll have them at work. They taste just as good cold as well, so the ultimate portable breakfast imo!
  • WYMANT0004
    WYMANT0004 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    2 avocados
    6 bananas
    1 cup cracked bulgur (soaked overnight and drained of excess water)
    1 5oz cup of coconut flavored Greek yoghurt
    2 Tbs coconut oil
    3 eggs
    6 scoops unflavoured protein powder

Throw all of the above into a KitchenAid mixer and blend until smooth and portion out into muffin tins. Bake at 350F for 30min. Makes 24 @ ~125cal/each

I do 2 of these plus 40g of dried cranberries for breakfast
  • AmandaOmega
    AmandaOmega Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I always eat a fried egg and toast (but I am able to do so at home). What I would suggest is making scrambled eggs instead (since you can reheat them pretty well). I would do two eggs with a little milk, cumin, and thyme, and then cook in with onions.

That or I like quaker oats oatmeal packets. Each packet is 140 calories and you can microwave with water or milk. Perfect desk food! And oatmeal always keeps me pretty full.
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    bisky wrote: »
    On weekends I make egg, red pepper, onions, spinach and low fat cream cheese muffins and freeze for quick breakfast. I also make a frittata with vegetables, meat and eggs plus cheese. I alternate with oatmeal or muesli and fresh berries with almond milk.

Do you have a recipe to share? I LOVE savory breakfast muffins.

As for the OP: I usually just eat a banana with peanut butter. It's my favorite and it's filling. If I don't want something sweet that morning I grab a breakfast sandwich from the freezer. I make my own, calculate them, and then pop them in the freezer.

• RaRoHe
    RaRoHe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Savory oatmeal - cup of kale cup of Spanish 1/2 onion 1/2 cup oatmeal hot sauce to taste so different so good
  • akamran1
    akamran1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Depends on whether or not I can deal with "cold" or "sweet" first thing in the morning, which is not often, so I usually go for hot and savory. But there are lots of possibilities:

oatmeal with one of the following:
    • 1/2 oz cheddar cheese
    • 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast (and squirt of mustard)
    • 2 Tbsp powdered peanut butter & 1 Tbsp jam
    • 1 Tbsp maple syrup & gingerbread spices

whole wheat toast with butter

grilled cheese sandwich (I use a whole wheat paratha and melt mozzarella cheese in it)

greek yogurt with honey or chocolate syrup or nutella

fruit

eggs in any form!

I've found it helps me to have a lot of protein and fiber at breakfast time, but experiment with what works for you.
  • tryin2die2self
    tryin2die2self Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If I am intermittent fasting I drink a cup of fatty coffee. If I am not fasting, then it is either a green smoothie or 2 slices bacon and then two eggs fried in some of the bacon fat.
  • gems74
    gems74 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Overnight Oatmeal - make it in a to go container and voila, portable breakfast.

1/2 mashed banana
    1 tsp peanut butter
    1/3 cup rolled oats
    1/3 cup quinoa
    1 tbsp chia seeds
    1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 cup pitted cherries (or any other favorite fruit)

Mix all together the night before and its ready for morning. No cooking required (except the quinoa). I eat mine cold in the morning, its lightly sweetened with no added sugar, and fills me up to lunch.
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Either a protein shake w/a combo of GoWellPath (custom powder) and Plant Fusion - I add blueberries, strong green tea and cashew milk. Or, five scrambled egg whites with veggies and turkey bacon. Sometimes I have the shake and two hard boiled egg whites (I remove the yolk and fill them up with fat free hummus instead) yum!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,034 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on a small whole wheat tortilla, rolled up, possibly with raisins or fruit inside, too. And there are a bunch of recipes out there for "breakfast muffins" that are higher protein, usually involving quinoa, eggs, maybe cheese and some veggie or meat ingredients. They freeze well, and you just microwave & eat.

Couple examples (these are no meat; I'm a veggie, so that's what I bookmarked, but you can find them with meat):

http://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/2015/08/egg-quinoa-breakfast-muffins-make-ahead.html at 236 calories, 14g protein (2 muffins)

http://ifoodreal.com/healthy-breakfast-quinoa-and-broccoli-egg-muffins/ at 166 cal, 16g protein (2 muffins).
  • billy_mireles
    billy_mireles Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    bmireles81 wrote: »
    1 cup of black coffee mixed with a scoop of whey protein. Yum! !
    I've been meaning to try something like this, but with vanilla protein powder. Is the coffee strong enough to cover the whey taste @bmireles81 ? How's the texture? I've also considered adding protein powder to the milk for cereal (I generally go for something like Rice Krispies or cornflakes).

Vanilla protein is the way to go! I haven't tried any other flavor. It doesn't mix very well and is very clumpy if you place the protein in with a hot cup of coffee. I still put the protein in and allow it to cool down and mix. Sometimes I'll add 1 pack of stevia.
  • brittalexmoore
    brittalexmoore Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Chai tea with a splash of skim milk and 4 teaspoons of sugar and a white chocolate cliff bar
  • silverstar65
    silverstar65 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    peanut butter toast when I am not hungry...not a breakfast eater
  • Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I love to take hard boiled eggs, fruit ( I love blueberries, strawberries) string cheese, I love Luna Protein bars ( the chocolate peanut butter. Toast with whipped peanut butter. I don't give up my coffee though. It's crucial. I love reading others ideas.
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof coffee (coffee made with 1/2 tbls coconut oil and 1 tbls heavy cream blended with an immersion blender [you could probably get a good smooth coffee, @bmireles81 , by blending your whey protein into the hot coffee rather than stirring]) and something low carb. Today it was Pumpkin Pie cream cheese pancakes, but I'm known to have chia pudding or just meat and eggs.
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast, and one I have almost every day, is two over-easy eggs usually on two slices of toast with some jelly or apple butter. Yummy! :smile:
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Just read that you asked for portable... haha I'm sorry. That's what I get for just reading the title. Mine probably isn't portable. It's delicious though :smile: