How much/often do you exercise?

Replies

• ginalove1960
    ginalove1960 Posts: 60 Member
    I exercise whenever I want to, which is fairly often. I do varied things from piano practice to yoga to treadmill walking to "range of motion" classes.

• ginalove1960
    ginalove1960 Posts: 60 Member
    I exercise whenever I want to, which is fairly often. I do varied things from piano practice to yoga to treadmill walking to "range of motion" classes.

• JamalIgle
    JamalIgle Posts: 55 Member
    Six days a week. 100 push ups, 40 sit ups, 60 jumping jacks. I lift weights for an hour 2 days a week. I do 25 minutes of cross training 1 day a week and I run 5-6 miles a day four days a week.
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    I weight train five days a week, normally 45-60 minutes.
  • xXxWhitneyxXx
    xXxWhitneyxXx Posts: 119 Member
    Not enough. Trying to change that.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    I've struggled with consistency this fall because I've had quite a bit of sickness and then injured my back in January, but my plan is strength training 3x/wk, HIIT/cardio 3x/wk plus some yoga and stretching several days a week. I do that for health reasons in general, not just to maintain. I also want to recomp though.
  • JDubbs2
    JDubbs2 Posts: 3,789 Member
    Mon. Wed. Fri. = Cardio @ 30 min each
    Tue. Thurs. Sat = Strength @ 30 min each
    3 hours total per week.
    Weekends fluctuate depending on whats going on.
    Last Sun. was a 4.5 mile power walk.
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    I try to do something daily whether that is mountain bike, play tennis, or at a minimum go for walk. However, I do try to hit the gym 3-4 days per week for strength training and cardio. The more I stay active the more I find I eat healthier and by doing something daily it reminds me to eat well also.
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Any day I go to work I workout first. Weekends I usually either go for a run outside (if the weather cooperates) or use my rowing machine. 40 minutes to an hour per workout. Some cardio and some circuit training with weights.

I take a day off when I feel like I need it. I take a week off once or twice a year due to family duties (and I think it is probably a good idea anyway).

I really enjoy exercise. It is time for me to relax and/or listen to music and/or watch something mindless on tv.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    edited March 2016
    Daily, typically 40 minutes of cardio on my recumbent bike (would like to be running, but it always seems like I'm recovering from some sort of injury lately - now it's my neck), and then 25-50 minutes of brisk walking.

I confess, although I enjoy the exercise, I also exercise so I can eat more. :smiley:
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    wow. there are some hard core exercisers. I do 45-75 minutes of some mix of cardio and strength (but heavy on the cardio) 5-6 days a week. This week, I'll likely only have 4-5 gym days because I'm super busy this week.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    I run 3-4 times a week with my mileage varying based on where I am in a current training cycle. I also play volleyball once a week for about 45min.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    New routine involves running M-W, Th Rest, F Crosstraining (Kettlebells) Run Sat, Rest Sun, and start it all over again
  • Paiger816
    Paiger816 Posts: 129 Member
    I try to go to the gym 5 days a week. Occasionally it's 4 if my schedule is super crazy that week. Plus, I try to hit the trails on the weekends and walk for an hour or so. Super excited that it's finally getting nice out in Iowa. (knock on wood... it has been known to snow in April.)
  • HG93022
    HG93022 Posts: 80 Member
    I go to the gym 3 days a week minimum.
  • anna_jewel
    anna_jewel Posts: 127 Member
    Consistent exercise is a challenge for me. I haven't worked out in 3 weeks and its pretty sporadic when i do. But I am able to maintain really well with the steps, evening walks with dogs and snowshoeing on weekends (when we have time).
  • minamina27
    minamina27 Posts: 89 Member
    I have been to my gym 65 times in 64 days. 1.5 hours at the gym 6.30am Monday to Friday plus extra classes of Zumba,mma,Hiit some evenings and long walks or extra gym sessions at the weekend. Just started stronglifts so doing less cardio now so upset that I can't eat back as many exercise calories. I want to lose another 30 lbs this year whilst eating as many calories as possible! Here's hoping.
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    In total, 5-6 days a week. I run twice a week (2-3 miles), lift weights and/or circuit train 3x a week, and usually do something active on the weekend just for fun (like hiking or rock climbing). Also I generally will walk at lunch for about 30 minutes, but I don't really consider that exercise, more just to clear my head and get up from my desk.

The weights are to get stronger, I run for endurance, and anything else is for sanity. Also, I do love eating back my calories, yum!
  • Tyler2020Mike
    Tyler2020Mike Posts: 53 Member
    I exercise at least 30 minutes for four days a week. I simply walk around the block a few times, along with lifting dumbells at about 30 pounds each. Now, if I do plan to binge just for the fun, I'll double my workout, and do it afterward I eat, so I can burn off those calories.
  • basesteel
    basesteel Posts: 9 Member
    I jog 3 miles every other day and do 80 to 100 squats everyday and pullups, situps and back extensions/crunches everyday as well.
    Dietwise, i follow what sone would call an alternate day diet where I eat 2500/+ Cal. one day and drink teas and water the next day.
    I've been maintaining so far for my height of 5'7" at 124 lbs.