Diet Pills?

Options

Replies

• Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Some of the over the counter supplements are more deadly than Phentermine.

u arent lying! I tried hydroxycut pills one time and thought I was literally going to die. I don't remember a time where I ever felt like that before. I tried phentermine too. Lots and lots of side effects and stopped being effective after about 3 weeks. I don't do pills anymore. I fear they do such bad things to our hearts and other organs in the long run or maybe even in the short run.
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I've been on topamax for 10 years as a migraine preventative. I lost about 25 pounds back then. I can't take any kind of amphetimines. I hate the feeling. My diet dr talked to me about Belviq
    Victoza, Saxenda or Metformin, and as much as I would like some "help", I said no. I put enough medication in my body as it is and even though it's slow going, it's going. Right now I'll stick to my eating and exercise plan.

• Vanessalookingood
    Vanessalookingood Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    There is no magic pill. You will get out of your weight loss journey what you put into it.
  • whit37k
    whit37k Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    benboyd85 wrote: »
    Wendy77685 wrote: »
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    So, I looked on examine.com, which I think is an excellent resource for supplement ingredients. After some further research on this formula, I actually came away pretty impressed. They say that ashwaganda has activity for stress relief with as low as 200-300mg.

The same with rhodiola - dosage is, “effective as low as 50mg for chronic fatigue relief,” acute dosing is 288-680. They actually say that you should exceed that limit because then it becomes ineffective (and probably builds up toxicity?). Also, the correct dosage of green coffee is: 240-600mg for a 50% chlorogenic extract supplement, double for a 25% extract.

I found the inclusion of bioperine interesting - its known to increase the bioavailablity of most ingredients, which amplifies their effects.

Reading the company’s website and instruction label - you should be taking 3 capsules/day. So from what I understand it seems that you’re definitely getting enough active ingredients for it to work. I know we’re all skeptical, but maybe, just maybe the company actually knows what they’re doing here. I looked on amazon and read a bunch of their reviews -both positive and negative. While it didn’t appear to work for everyone (what does?), it appears that at least they have good customer service, and they really do seem to care about their customers.

I got on chat with one of their reps who took the time to explain the differences between all their formulas, and they’re sending me some free samples. I will have to update once I actually try them out myself. All I know is that if more companies in the supplement industry behaved in this manner, we probably would not have to be so skeptical about buying/using supplements.

But you're not getting 200 mg of ashwaganda. The "Performance Complex" is 85 mg for all three ingredients. If you took three pills, that's 255 mg. As ashwaganda is last, it is mathematically impossible for there to be 200 mg of it.

You'd really recommend it after reading the one star reviews on Amazon?

Actually - yes! In fact, after following your link and examining them in greater detail, I probably would be even more inclined to. I have yet to see a supplement, especially concerning weight loss, without any negative reviews. Considering the positive reviews for Liporidex far outweigh the negatives, especially compared to similar products, and then the company seems to handle any issues with their product very well, I would still say give it a try.

It is hard to trust reviews for anything these days...

I know, I am starting to be able to spot the fake ones better now. I hate when they have the "I was given this product in exchange for my unbiased opinion" To me this = paid reviewer
  • ryanbrowning115
    ryanbrowning115 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    whit37k wrote: »
    benboyd85 wrote: »
    So, I looked on examine.com, which I think is an excellent resource for supplement ingredients. After some further research on this formula, I actually came away pretty impressed. They say that ashwaganda has activity for stress relief with as low as 200-300mg.

The same with rhodiola - dosage is, “effective as low as 50mg for chronic fatigue relief,” acute dosing is 288-680. They actually say that you should exceed that limit because then it becomes ineffective (and probably builds up toxicity?). Also, the correct dosage of green coffee is: 240-600mg for a 50% chlorogenic extract supplement, double for a 25% extract.

I found the inclusion of bioperine interesting - its known to increase the bioavailablity of most ingredients, which amplifies their effects.

Reading the company’s website and instruction label - you should be taking 3 capsules/day. So from what I understand it seems that you’re definitely getting enough active ingredients for it to work. I know we’re all skeptical, but maybe, just maybe the company actually knows what they’re doing here. I looked on amazon and read a bunch of their reviews -both positive and negative. While it didn’t appear to work for everyone (what does?), it appears that at least they have good customer service, and they really do seem to care about their customers.

I got on chat with one of their reps who took the time to explain the differences between all their formulas, and they’re sending me some free samples. I will have to update once I actually try them out myself. All I know is that if more companies in the supplement industry behaved in this manner, we probably would not have to be so skeptical about buying/using supplements.

But you're not getting 200 mg of ashwaganda. The "Performance Complex" is 85 mg for all three ingredients. If you took three pills, that's 255 mg. As ashwaganda is last, it is mathematically impossible for there to be 200 mg of it.

Actually - yes! In fact, after following your link and examining them in greater detail, I probably would be even more inclined to. I have yet to see a supplement, especially concerning weight loss, without any negative reviews. Considering the positive reviews for Liporidex far outweigh the negatives, especially compared to similar products, and then the company seems to handle any issues with their product very well, I would still say give it a try.

It is hard to trust reviews for anything these days...

I know, I am starting to be able to spot the fake ones better now. I hate when they have the "I was given this product in exchange for my unbiased opinion" To me this = paid reviewer

Ha! I know exactly what you are talking about.
  • SimplyNicke
    SimplyNicke Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    trjjoy wrote: »
    It was simply a question. No need to be so aggressive. I was simply trying to find out more information. I wasn't looking for a 'MAGIC PILL' or anything like that. It was to have a open simple discussion about something I wasn't sure about. Please stop judging and calm down.

I saw zero aggression up to this post. Using the "Don't judge me" card won't prevent people from telling you they think you would be making an expensive and dangerous mistake. There is also no need to tell people they need to calm down. If anything, YOU need to calm down.

LOL no aggression....
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I was able to lose the first 70lbs on my own, however now that I am under 200lbs it has been much harder for me to stay in charge of my eating and exercise. My doctor prescribed Phentermine because I had gained 10lbs. This will be my 3rd month on it, coupled with a non-related anxiety medication to help with my emotional eating. I find that it stops the boredom eating because I actually want to get up and DO things. Everyone is right that without lifestyle changes, anything said to help weight loss, even legitimate prescriptions, will fail you.

If you do decide to try a diet pill, use the opportunity to really be consistent in your logging and get used to smaller portions.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

maxresdefault.jpg
  • ogmomma2012
    Options
    WTF ghost post?
    wrote:

• DanSTL82
    DanSTL82 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Diet pills are either just caffeine pills, or they are "fat blockers" that don't do much and give you oily diarrhea. If there were a good diet pill that actually worked, everybody would know about it. You wouldn't have to research it.
  • lauraebenavides
    lauraebenavides Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone here, you don't need it if you are serious about your health and planning on doing your part.
  • Kategrn
    Kategrn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow what a judgement all group. A little encouragement could go a long way.
  • ogmomma2012
    Options
    I agree with everyone here, you don't need it if you are serious about your health and planning on doing your part.

Hey now, I mean really. Medication may not solve problems instantly, but it makes it easier to build new habits. At least for me. Judge away. Being serious also means admitting when you need a little help.

And ha, my name is Laura too!
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Kategrn wrote: »

Encouragement: Go you! Don't waste your money on diet pills, they're worthless scams which will do nothing for weight loss except make your wallet lighter. Save your money and lose weight via a caloric deficit (which is the only way to lose weight).
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Kategrn wrote: »

Strong first post.

Encouragement? Pointing out how rubbish these "diet pills" are IS encouragement - encouragement to prevent newbies throwing their money away, to prevent them taking things potentially dangerous to their health, and to lose weight the healthy way.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Melzine wrote: »
    I agree with CindyS858 different strokes for different people!!
    I agree too, apart from the part that these pills help noone.

Melzine wrote: »
    I take CRL and it helps curve my appetite which is out of proportion due to Meds my only noticeable side effect is I smoke more cigs go figure!!
    You smoke instead of overeating, but you could just stop overeating instead.
  • lillemeddy85
    lillemeddy85 Posts: 19 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    What is the end result supposed to be? To be on a "diet pill" the rest of your life because once you get off of it, you'll regain weight because you learned NOTHING about self discipline (which is a habitual behavior)?
    Think past about what the future holds, not just what you think you may achieve now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

You Sir, know whats up.

And to OP, diet pills are a big fat scam. And the ones that work (temporarily) are awful for your body.
    Like, you wouldn't take meth to lose weight just because it works, aye? View the diet pills the same way.

Keep working out, and eating well. Apply lots of patience and love yourself, that is when you will see results. If a totally new life style is too much, do things like add ONE workout a week Change ONE meal a week. And continue changing a meal at the time. That is how you stick with it. Good luck to you!!
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have tried diet pills, once I stopped them the weight came back. In fact I gained even more. Therefore I do not recommend them.
  • marjathome
    marjathome Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It is hard to talk about diet pills anywhere because there is so much judgement about them. You're weak, you're stupid, you're lazy. So, instead of being able to gather and talk about results, or lack of, or side effects, or lack of, discussion gets shut down, and people are shamed into secrecy. No, telling someone they are stupid and fat and weak is not a great motivator. And hey, maybe if they were able to gather and talk about it, they would decide for themselves that diet pills weren't right for them. Belviq is an appetite suppressant, and while it doesn't work for all users, it has had some good results. It doesn't melt off fat, it just helps with appetite. Appetite is a funny thing, and sometimes because of underlying conditions or medication it's not always something you can Hard Work and Willpower away. Also, nice attitude towards people with eating disorders, and yeah, a lot of times overeating is symptom of an eating disorder just like any other. For the record, I am not being paid to encourage diet pills, beviq or any other. I don't think they are magic or that everyone should take them. I think people should talk to their doctors if they are interested, and that they should be allowed to discuss them without being shamed or shut down.
  • Nausicca55
    Nausicca55 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I used diet pills years ago and they did work. Unfortunately, they also strained my heart, and as a result I now have heart problems. Please don't go down the diet pill road. Losing weight is not worth the health risk.